Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Woop Woop just had a call from Mike at Eurovans Crawley my Cali has arrived this afternoon!! Only just off the boat yesterday...so they are moving them out very quickly! Figures crossed for weekend pick up!!
Fab news!!! When did you order?

Should be ordering tomorrow. Similar to yours actually which is why I noticed it. Love the split colours and only adding a couple of 'essential' extras. It comes with so much as standard. Hoping for delivery before the 10% import duty :rolleyes:
Excellent choice! I hope you make it over the drawbridge before it's lifted!!

I understand as long as you've ordered it and it's in build you should be ok for the tax.
Regards Mike

Well after a bit of chasing by me I heard from my dealer today. Unfortunately my week 45 build van is expected to be ready for collection mid Feb :(
No idea why it would take that long but the dealer was sure it wouldn't be until then!

Now waiting to hear back from them regarding some items missed from my order and despite me signing the order paperwork there's been change in VW Finance terms meaning i won't get the free services or extra waranty but a slightly cheaper APR.
Not feeling much of a valued VW customer at the moment :mad:
Sorry to hear this, that's just not good enough!

I was told mid November originally for delivery, so they do over egg it a bit and set your expectations on delivery. So hopefully it will be earlier for you

Regards Mike

That ain’t good. Which dealer is it? Seems to be a bit of a difference between different dealers. I’d push them on the services/warranty thing. That’s a bit unfair.

I'm waiting on a revised invoice from the dealer which will show me what has actually been ordered and will go from there. This whole purchase has been a strange experience. I've bought brand new cars before for less money and had far better customer service than this!

Excellent choice! I hope you make it over the drawbridge before it's lifted!!

I understand as long as you've ordered it and it's in build you should be ok for the tax.
Regards Mike
Sadly that’s not the case. I hope it is, but I’m pretty sure if it’s delivered after 1st Jan and no deal is reached it’ll be a 10% tax (on cost price)

Sadly that’s not the case. I hope it is, but I’m pretty sure if it’s delivered after 1st Jan and no deal is reached it’ll be a 10% tax (on cost price)
4E52BBA1-2894-4662-AA93-3FF33AA040AC.jpeg

Dispatched doesn't mean manufactured, or even left the factory. It means shipped out of the EU. So you're looking at vehicles that have been loaded on the last day or two of the year, arriving at a UK port on the first day or two of 2021. While the factory is on its Christmas shutdown.
I'm not going to say there won't be cars on the water over New Year cos I've no idea. But there won't be very many.

@Duetveil I took a drive down to the dealer last night just to see if mine had been delivered as well.... no luck yet - but I am in Exeter which is quite a bit further from Sheerness than Crawley! Hope your handover goes well, be interested to know any issues you discover?

Well despite the ongoing concerns about a Brexit trade deal, we placed our order today. The dealer says they think the van will be ready in time but I can't see it.
Need Boris to pull his finger out now!!!
Excited anyhow

Eurovans Crawley. So far really good to deal with

They seem to getting some customer orders sorted at the moment.

Eurovans Crawley. So far really good to deal with
Wowsers, worth checking then..

Did they confirm if a 20 or 21 model?

And did you do direct or via DtD or AutoEBid?

Cheers

That ain’t good. Which dealer is it? Seems to be a bit of a difference between different dealers. I’d push them on the services/warranty thing. That’s a bit unfair.
I’d short circuit the dealer and go direct to VW chat with your order number. Looking at peeps experiences on here it seems to be a 7-10 day build then 4-6 weeks to the dealer in most cases? He is pulling your leg.

I’d short circuit the dealer and go direct to VW chat with your order number. Looking at peeps experiences on here it seems to be a 7-10 day build then 4-6 weeks to the dealer in most cases? He is pulling your leg.

So.....I placed my order on the 8th September....I now have an order number (good I think) from the dealer who has said a build date has not been allocated yet. Just took your advice Wogga and pinged the Van Center chat and this is was the response:

1600966839477.png

I went on to ask if there was any preference to dealer and allocations in terms of scheduling and this was the response:
1600966938561.png

Feels like a long waiting game !!

@Duetveil I took a drive down to the dealer last night just to see if mine had been delivered as well.... no luck yet - but I am in Exeter which is quite a bit further from Sheerness than Crawley! Hope your handover goes well, be interested to know any issues you discover?
Will keep you posted :thumb

So.....I placed my order on the 8th September....I now have an order number (good I think) from the dealer who has said a build date has not been allocated yet. Just took your advice Wogga and pinged the Van Center chat and this is was the response:

View attachment 66844

I went on to ask if there was any preference to dealer and allocations in terms of scheduling and this was the response:
View attachment 66845

Interesting, thanks for sharing. We ordered on the 11 September. I asked the dealer today and he said the order had been accepted by the factory but no build date yet, but should get one in the next week or so. Exciting times.....

Interesting, thanks for sharing. We ordered on the 11 September. I asked the dealer today and he said the order had been accepted by the factory but no build date yet, but should get one in the next week or so. Exciting times.....
Did you get an order number ?

Seems my week 40 has turned into week 43...

Mine has taken circa. 12 weeks from factory acceptance to dealer delivery... so with a bit of luck you'll make the cut off!

View attachment 66844

View attachment 66845

FYI I ordered 19th Aug, got an provIsional build week 43, checked yesterday for an update still the same. Chat said build weekS are confirmed a week before the build, we’ll see. By the way their build week numbers don’t seem to apply to any calendar I know.:D It took Me two weeks to get the provisional build week so you should get yours next week.

Well i

Well I got an amended invoice from my dealer today so things are a bit clearer now.
Some good news, some bad.

On the plus side the 4.9% PCP quote I had initially has been replaced with a 3.6% rate which will save me quite a bit of money if I decide to take the finance.

Not so good is the removal of the 2 free services, 4 year warranty and breakdown cover that came with the 4.9% deal.
I can buy 2 services up front for £99 and 5 year warranty for £299 so on the balance of things i'm still better off.

I was also pleased to see the dealer had been reasonable with my change of spec from 150 to 199 and had given me the roughly same percentage discount as before. They didn't have to because I changed the spec after the discounted price had been agreed but nice to see they did.

VW chat confirm week 45 W/C 2nd Nov & 8 - 10 weeks from build start to arriving with the dealer which puts it at begining of Jan 21 so its going to be tight.

I ordered 11th August. Provisional build week was 41, changed recently to 43. Was told by dealer that confirmation of build week would come in the week before (i.e. week 42).

Back