Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean Owners (almost)!

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi Everyone,

Although we've been registered on this site for a few weeks I wanted to wait until we had an order placed before saying Hi.
It's been a mad few weeks speccing up our first California and much research and valuable insight taken from this excellent forum.
We almost failed miserably when placing our order on Monday only to find that the duo tone option that we'd been set on had been taken off the options list by VW the week prior.
After a fairly sleepless night of discussion we decided to go for it anyway as the potential for future adventure far outweighed the aesthetics.
So with fantastic help from Paul + Marshalls Reading we secured an order in the 11th hour before VW closed the order books!

We went for a nicely specced Ocean 150 DSG in Candy White (may well have the bottom half professionally wrapped at some point to get our two tone)

It's just me, my wife and our outdoor loving 2 year old son (still undecided if he'll be sleeping upstairs or downstairs!)

Looking forward to our first trip and contributing to the forum.

Hi Everyone,

Although we've been registered on this site for a few weeks I wanted to wait until we had an order placed before saying Hi.
It's been a mad few weeks speccing up our first California and much research and valuable insight taken from this excellent forum.
We almost failed miserably when placing our order on Monday only to find that the duo tone option that we'd been set on had been taken off the options list by VW the week prior.
After a fairly sleepless night of discussion we decided to go for it anyway as the potential for future adventure far outweighed the aesthetics.
So with fantastic help from Paul *+ Marshalls Reading we secured an order in the 11th hour before VW closed the order books!

We went for a nicely specced Ocean 150 DSG in Candy White (may well have the bottom half professionally wrapped at some point to get our two tone)

It's just me, my wife and our outdoor loving 2 year old son (still undecided if he'll be sleeping upstairs or downstairs!)

Good luck and enjoy - we just hired one and are picking up the showroom blue two tone from reading next week. Our son (2 and a tiny bit) slept up top with the cargo net in place for 12 hours solid...a true convert, hope you have the same luck.

Good luck and enjoy - we just hired one and are picking up the showroom blue two tone from reading next week. Our son (2 and a tiny bit) slept up top with the cargo net in place for 12 hours solid...a true convert, hope you have the same luck.
ah so it was you that got that one ;) I went to speak to Paul about it when VW pulled the plug on the two tone but he said it'd sold. Good for you :thumb, it was a cracking looking machine that convinced us to take the plunge in the first place.

Enjoy
I believe there stopping building the California t6 on week 40/41 so you might even see it in early November it will probably be on the boat with ours ,Candy white manual with a nice spec
Exciting times:)

Hi Everyone,

So with fantastic help from Paul *+ Marshalls Reading we secured an order in the 11th hour before VW closed the order books!

Enjoy indeed! Our first Cali is due to be made next week. 150 manual, two tone grey and black etc. Haven't told the kids (7 & 5)!!! They will go nuts! Hopefully arrive early October.

Brilliant, we got ours last weekend from Liverpool, now on 900 miles and currently set up for the night overlooking the Sound of Harris. We have slept up top for a few nights and last night below due to the winds on the Outer Hebrides, have slept like a log, the choice is yours but I reckon your little one will enjoy it wherever!

Brilliant, we got ours last weekend from Liverpool, now on 900 miles and currently set up for the night overlooking the Sound of Harris. We have slept up top for a few nights and last night below due to the winds on the Outer Hebrides, have slept like a log, the choice is yours but I reckon your little one will enjoy it wherever!
Your definitely living the dream ..
Roll on November

Photos please... Haven't been there for years. Amazing place.

Nice one, just get it wrapped if you want two tone, it will protect the paint that two tone wont. When it gets chipped just replace the film new again.

Just go to a reputable company.

Nice one, just get it wrapped if you want two tone, it will protect the paint that two tone wont. When it gets chipped just replace the film new again.

Just go to a reputable company.
Thanks, just started searching for a good company in the south. Looked at Monsterwraps down in Southampton. Seems like they do a very thorough job and they have some example two tone T5s/6s in their gallery. Looks like they strip the vehicle right back, removing all lights, handles etc rather than cutting around. Not sure how I feel about having the new cali stripped bare like that :Nailbiting but it's probably the best way. More research required.To start with I may just get some side decals like the Edition models or leave it vanilla for a while.

Exciting! When I take my 3 year old boy- he sleeps downstairs so I can check on him whilst sitting outside enjoying the calm and quiet. I then sneak upstairs! Works well.

The kids love the van. Have fun!!

Thanks, just started searching for a good company in the south. Looked at Monsterwraps down in Southampton. Seems like they do a very thorough job and they have some example two tone T5s/6s in their gallery. Looks like they strip the vehicle right back, removing all lights, handles etc rather than cutting around. Not sure how I feel about having the new cali stripped bare like that :Nailbiting but it's probably the best way. More research required.To start with I may just get some side decals like the Edition models or leave it vanilla for a while.
I had mine done by Monster Wraps. Check out the posts under my name for more details.

I had mine done by Monster Wraps. Check out the posts under my name for more details.
In fact, what do you know! It's my vehicle they have used on their website! Course they've described it wrong! Caravelle, how very dare you!

In fact, what do you know! It's my vehicle they have used on their website! Course they've described it wrong! Caravelle, how very dare you!
Looks excellent Darryl. I'll certainly be giving them a shout. :thumb In the meantime I'll order some 3M colour samples.

ah so it was you that got that one ;) I went to speak to Paul about it when VW pulled the plug on the two tone but he said it'd sold. Good for you :thumb, it was a cracking looking machine that convinced us to take the plunge in the first place.
Cheers -way too many options that we didn't need (let alone want!) but we were smitten. Pick the second mortgage up on Wednesday and cant wait to see the van in the flesh...oh the madness of spending all that cash on something you havent seen...