Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest Meet Thread June 2012

New Forest / South Meet - Weekend of June 23rd

I've just booked us in for the Friday and Saturday nights (purposely didn't mention that we might be part of a group).

Saved £7 by using our Camping & Caravan Club membership - another couple of camps and it'll have paid for itself already :)

Really looking forward to it. Let's hope the sunshine lasts, Kev :thumb

By the way, don't try to book using a mobile browser (at least on an iPad or iPhone) - the C&CC's payment page is a nasty pop-up which won't work on some browsers. But you don't realise that until right at the end! Shame, as the rest of their site's pretty good. Update: C&CC have said they're aware of this.

Site Booked. Sat nite only, so we will be there lunchtime Sat. Graham

Re: New Forest / South Meet - Weekend of June 23rd

That's us booked for the two nights :thumb

Booked for Fri & Sat night, tagging it onto the back of a week in Devon

I will be there !

We're booked both nights.

We're up for this but would be coming with our 3 1/2 year old son (who loves sleeping upstairs)

I thought i'd better check if anyone else has young children before we inflict him on the group :?:

Simon

Hi Simon

Kids are always very welcome at our meets and you will normally find kids of various ages coming along including my daughter who is 11.

Look forward to seeing you ...

Martin said:
Hi Simon

Kids are always very welcome at our meets and you will normally find kids of various ages coming along including my daughter who is 11.

Look forward to seeing you ...

Thanks - All booked (and we joined the C&CC at the same time...)

shambly said:
I thought i'd better check if anyone else has young children before we inflict him on the group :?:

Simon

We'll have our almost 2 year old Son with us so yours will have an ally

Hopefully all goes well I'll be making the trip :) .. Will be good to put names to faces :)

My 2 and a half year old will be coming, and my dog, who is noisy :-(

Just a quick update on this meet, due to us having more than ten vans attending now we may all have to pay a £20 deposit on arrival, its is described as a ' good behaviour bond' !! We do obviously get this back as we leave the site ! I am not sure what they are expecting of us but it was as soon as the word VW Campervan was mentioned.

Crazy !!

As this is an informal meet there is no guarantee that we can all camp together, but they said they will do their best and it also depends on how early people arrive on Friday afternoon.

Well, I booked in good faith on the website and had no prior knowledge that you noisy trouble makers were gonna be there... ;-)

Interestingly when Martin made me aware of this I decided to look at the T&C's to see what the score was and rather than having to give bonds it suggests for such a booking we should receive a discount!!

They seem to think anybody in a vw camper is a troublemaker I have heard this a lot lately
With some campsites turning away vans that are converted to campers

Without wishing to sound snobbish but I'd like to think people whom invest £30-£55k on a Van for holidays, some of which are members of the C&CC, aren't normally going to be trouble makers.

I agree stu. I suppose these large sites have to deal with all sorts of groups
When I arranged the Wicksteed meet they would not let us meet on the campsite I had to
Book the rally field this is so not to inconvenience other campers

We are becoming a possibility Kev.
What we had planned looks like going down the tubes so we could be there.

David

David it would be great to see you again :thumb

Re: New Forest / South Informal Meet - Weekend of June 23rd

Do we just call up and just book or do we say who we are and we get put together :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
or just book the grass pitch no electric online :?: :?:
sorry guys not been a new forest guy yet

:thanks :thanks

As this is an informal meet, just book up online/phone as a normal customer, no need to mention the club, hopefully we will all find each other once we all get there.

Martin said:
As this is an informal meet, just book up online/phone as a normal customer, no need to mention the club, hopefully we will all find each other once we all get there.

:thumb :thumb all booked ...

it will be our first camp out in the cali and the cali-pugs :barmy

Friday night booked.

Will come straight from picking my son up from school, so should hopefully be there for around 4,30pm and will hang around on Saturday until they throw us out.

Andy