Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest Meet Thread June 2012

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are arranging a low-key informal meet on 22-23rd June, at Hollands Wood in the New Forest, everyone is welcome to come along.

As with all our meets you are free to just turn up and do your own thing and meet some other friendly like-minded Cali owners to have a chat with and have a nose around each others vans. Because this is an informal meet we are unable to guarantee that all of us will be together, but we will obviously all be on the same campsite.

Date 22 - 23 June 2012
Description: Hollands Wood is set within 22 hectares of the New forest and has a real wild camping feel about it but you still have excellent facilities on site with numerous modern toilet and shower blocks. With the campsite being set within the actual forest you will never be far away from the New Forest ponies who roam the campsite night and day. The site is also within easy walking distance of Brockenhurst village with its pubs, restaurants, tea rooms, butchers and other handy shops. Dogs are very welcome on the site (+£1/night/dog up to 3), and there are even special showers for your pooch!

As this is an informal meet please book directly with online Camping in the Forest or by calling 0845 130 8224 in the meantime please can you let us know if you fancy coming along.

How to get to Hollands Wood Campsite

The campsite entrance is on the A337 road near the Balmer Lawn Hotel, on the northern edge of Brockenhurst.
Coming from the Lyndhurst direction, drive for just under 3 miles. You'll see the campsite on your left amongst the trees of Hollands Wood, the entrance is just as the trees end and the Balmer Lawn begins. Coming out of Brockenhurst, cross the Lymington River and turn right into the site immediately after the Balmer Lawn Hotel.

NB: If using sat-nav, do NOT use the site's postcode - you'll end up at a different campsite!
The coordinates they give look ok in TomTom: Latitude: 50.82878126 Longitude: -1.569728509

Please note: Due to the group now exceeding ten vans the site may ask for a small deposit of £20 per van which is returned to you on your departure.

Attending:
1. Martin
2. CaliKev
3. Graham
4. Stu
5. VW Anorak Andy
6. MKRW
7. Steve & Linda
8. Philip and Janet
9. Campbellious Mark
10. Pistolknight
11. Ben & Lisa
12. Barry and Brenda, (Bath)
13. CaliforniaMan
14. Shambly
15. Choplee
16. Roger gill & toby
17. T5WOB Martin
18. Isa Neal
19. keacal2705 Lee
20. Carol & Roy
21. Custard
22. dannydevilliers
23. Stefan & family
23. Iain
24. Überrat

Day Visitor

Helen & Andreas

Possible
Skywalker Luke
John
Khris&Nichola
DavidofHook
Kelly J
mike&agnes
m4rky
Graham Bland
Gary&Heather
Joe

hollands-wood-camp-site.jpg

IMAG0179a.jpg

Re: South Meet in June

I will be first I'm in :thumb

South Meet in June

We're in. Look forward to it.

Ok mate, good point about the group bookings I'd overlooked that.

Sorry off to a beer festival that weekend! Or we would be there!

It would be rude not to, as we are just down the road in Poole.

Andy

Re: New Forest Meet - June 23rd

Yes - nice and close to home for me too - might pop around to say hi

Sorry I can't make it that weekend, my cousin's wife's 50th birthday party.

New Forest Meet - June 23rd

Thanks, Martin

We'd love to come :)

Best wishes,
Steve and Linda

We would hope to be able to make this - sounds good!

Philip and Janet

Hi all,

We'd be well up for a calli outing. Picking our berghaus up on wed, cant wait to get out in it!!

Mark :D

I would love to come and am available, need a new roof on my Cali awaiting for dates for that but will come if my own Cali is fixed and not in the workshop! Can I let you know at the last moment???

Newish DSG 180 Grey with bits and bobs.......and niggles... Which SMG are sorting out for me although I bought the Cali new from Cardiff, thank God for Alex SMG.

New Forest Meet - June 23rd

Hi Isa, you are more than welcome to leave this until the last moment, we are just trying to get a rough idea of how many would possibly like to come just incase we need to book a rally field somewhere which is now looking quite possible. Please keep us updated though as the more the merrier.

Re: New Forest Meet - Weekend of June 23rd

Hopefully I'll be there.
Luke

I will be doing my best to be there too. I am hoping to be shown how to use my cali as seller hadn't used much and I am not the best manual reader! Might have to work Saturday am but will send a pm soon as to how definite I will be.

Just remembered. If anybody wants anything from my shop and you are attending the meet
Please let me know I can bring it along with me
Cheers kev :thumb

Re: New Forest / South Meet - Weekend of June 23rd

Martin I see the 1st post is a little updated.

Do we need to advise Hollands Wood that we're in the 'gang'??

On arrival will they direct us to a specific location for everyone?

1 or 2 nights?? 22nd to 23rd is of course one night is that the plan?

Hi Stu, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

When you book there is no need to say you are part of the club, just book as a normal customer, I will call them a few days before and they will hopefully rope off a small area for us, that way people can just turn up. I will hopefully get there for around 4.30pm, if anyone is going to arrive earlier than this please let me know.

As this is not an official meet we will just have to play it by ear, so long as you are booked for one or both nights I am sure things will come together.

Hi all, is anybody staying over for the Saturday night?? Khristian and I are working allday Friday and Saturday morning so if we made the journey from Crewe we would stay the night Saturday and leave Sunday afternoon. :grin:

I think we'll be staying for the two nights. :thumb

Hi Nichola
I will be staying fri and sat. It will be good to see you again :thumb
That's a he'll of a journey for you two look forward to it :thumb

Calikev said:
Hi Nichola
v
Calikev said:
Hi Nichola

Will check the journey time and see if I can juggle a few clients to get there a bit earlier but that's what having a Cali is all about going new places.:))

All booked for fri +sat night. Bring it on :thumb the sunshine that is :laugh2