Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Caravan Club booking website working for you?

In my experience, to launch a new site or major web page, there’s a design and data team - they follow the brief, and design as requested; there’s an IT team - they ensure the server is prepped and refreshed and give tech input to the design team; then there’s implementation manager, who sets the brief, supervises the build, creates the test script, signs off the testing, and handles the snagging list (there’s always a sang list!). To me, this is the person who is responsible.

I was due to be in Norfolk today. Thanks to a problem with the caravan I had to call the site and delay my arrival until tomorrow. The poor soul who answered was almost in tears of relief. One less person to try and book in using a completely failed system.

I joined the club this evening before reading the posts above.
Membership went straight through along with membership number emailed straight away, then managed to book a night next week in Exeter race course.
Hopefully they have sorted things out now???
Need a night near Bristol 1st week of October any suggestions?

Kev

I see the site has been taken down this evening for maintenance. I’ve got crossed fingers they will take some note of the feedback.

I joined the club this evening before reading the posts above.
Membership went straight through along with membership number emailed straight away, then managed to book a night next week in Exeter race course.
Hopefully they have sorted things out now???
Need a night near Bristol 1st week of October any suggestions?

Kev
Baltic Wharf, Bristol Harbouside.

“Not the complete experience“ is a bit worrying! Suggests they have more “experiences“ in store for members!
Might be wrong, but I’d heard from others on a site recently that you should be able to book which pitch type you’re on.

At the moment, no queue!

Last edited:
The ccc site was bad enough, wont show available dates nor min stay info so you just need to keep changing dates till you manage to get a match, plus cant book a single nights stay, really unhelpful.
The camc site was great till improved, now it just dont work, im off to NW Highlands in October and need a stopover friday night, need to search via map for availability of whats re-route. Cant even search for sites in Scotland let alone for the day i need. WTAF whoever specced this improvement and released it deserves sacking.. cant believe its so broken.
just do a pub stopover en route. it will be less stressful,probably free and your handy for the bar. searchforsites

Might be wrong, but I’d heard from others on a site recently that you should be able to book which pitch type you’re on.

At the moment, no queue!
Yes there are more options of the type of pitch you want to book (eg. hardstanding or grass), which is at least one positive of the new system! Not sure I've found anything else as a positive

I've just noticed that as part of transferring existing bookings over to the new system C&MC have assumed a pitch type for you. I couple of our bookings are now standard hardstanding, but one is standard grass. If you have a specific preference for a type of pitch might be worth double checking your existing bookings and amending if necessary as it doesn't look like you'll get the option on the day.

At long last, we’ve managed to book a couple of stopovers to and from Aberdeen. The website seems to be settling down a bit now. The search function for open and available sites still is a bit random and frustrating. I had a couple of CCC sites in mind too, but by the time we’d located CAMC sites, the CCC sites in similar areas had become full! Wonder if there’s a stream of CAMC members heading their way?

3. Finally, the sites are easily researched online to see if there’s availability, and to book - UNTIL this week!!
I never use these club sites. I use a wonderful website called Pitchup.com. You can input your requirements and it finds a list of sites to choose from, even in August I had no trouble booking something. I really can't imagine paying through the nose for the privilege of struggling to book and then being bossed around by the little hitlers known as 'wardens' (for very good reason!)
Oh and you don't have to pay anything to join the site, just register.

I often read campsite reviews where people have had a run in with the wardens for some reason. I can only go by our experience though, and comment that we’ve found site wardens on CAMC and CCC sites to be only helpful, generally cheerful, and very hard working in keeping their sites working and looking good. I’m sure that they will need to deal with tricky situations, as you get in all forms of hospitality, which might not please everyone.

In the early days of camping we used PitchUp, and booked a couple of sites through it. I agree that it’s a useful resource. I got a little frustrated that some of the sites we were interested in booking, typically well established sites with a loyal customer base, were listed but not bookable via the Pitchup website. I need to look at this again, so thanks for the nudge.

We tried to book on Monday evening and were in a queue. Told it was an hour long and would get a text when the booking slot came available, waited and waited but in the end went to bed. Text finally arrived at 11.20 but we were asleep, how many others missed their booking slot?? Bit of a fiasco!

All this being said, we are members of the C &MC because of some horrendous Pitch up site stays we have had, most memorable for all the wrong reasons, was lying awake in the pop top until 2:30 in the morning having to listen to some Russian?Latvian men discussing god knows what in extremely loud voices.

The bookings page seems to have settled down and now there are either no queues or just a few minutes. The functionality isn’t still great.

I won’t be joining them then! We joined the other club (C&C). Didn’t realise that they don’t do Europe since Covid. Didn’t like the site (Canterbury - dirty showers) and having been told to ‘choose a pitch’ on arrival by a friendly chap, as we weren’t yet appearing on their online system, we did so. He said that was fine.
The next day two staff with clipboards came round asking why we were there as they had no record of us! It was quite intimidating.
They continued this whilst standing at our open Campervan door. I showed them the booking and asked them to leave as I wasn’t feeling great in the heat. They could see when they arrived that I was having a lie down!
We haven’t stayed at a C&C site since as I didn’t buy a Campervan to put up with this!
Since then we’ve been to small privately owned sites - much more chilled.
Brightonbelle- we ditched C&CC after a number of similar instances. We had really unfriendly treatment from wardens. The worst occasion was just unbelievable. And then C&CC don’t let you leave negative comments.

I have found them extremely unhelpful and arrogant … and they sure are pathetic at responding to complaints … so as far as I am concerned “thanks but no thanks”

Brightonbelle- we ditched C&CC after a number of similar instances. We had really unfriendly treatment from wardens. The worst occasion was just unbelievable. And then C&CC don’t let you leave negative comments.
Hi James,
Sorry I’ve only just seen this as I’ve been away in Rome (not in the Cali). It’s a shame that C&CC don’t modernise their approach. I suspect they’re just not bothered!

I have found them extremely unhelpful and arrogant … and they sure are pathetic at responding to complaints … so as far as I am concerned “thanks but no thanks”
Hi Trevor, we won’t renew when our membership comes up for renewal next year.

Why persist with these pathetic clubs when you can get this independently.? I've done both clubs. Won't be doing them again. £18;/night this costs. Per unit not per person. No membership or wardens.Must admit though,the cows were really noisy

20220927_152521.jpg

Why persist with these pathetic clubs when you can get this independently.? I've done both clubs. Won't be doing them again. £18;/night this costs. Per unit not per person. No membership or wardens.Must admit though,the cows were really noisy

View attachment 100027
Nice countryside! What about the facilities? Good?

We’ve just returned from a 2week tour of Wales. We mostly booked sites on Pitchup and most of them were great, apart from one on the outskirts of Chester. We also stayed at a CL and a couple of CMHC sites - Pembrey and Cheddar. They must have sorted out the website as we booked these while we were away without any problems.

Pitchup sites are generally cheaper but you can’t always guarantee that it’s a decent site. I suggest reading the reviews of a site before booking, you should be OK if it’s rated 9 out of 10 or better.

Nice countryside! What about the facilities? Good?
They suited me, I'm more for being alone rather than being in packed sites with nice bogs. These were clean.basic but who cares When you have that view. Oh and there was no queue for said facilities because no one else was there. So you could sh1t whenever you liked. Abit like the cows were doing

Back