Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach on order

zeratul

zeratul

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Finally decided not to wait for T6 and ordered today ! :)
It's a beach, because we have 3 boys (aged 2/4/6). This forum has proved very very valuable in the past months for me researching all sorts of stuff about the options to take, thank you all!

Beach 140ps 4motion
Natural Gray
17 inch Cascaval anthracite alloys
7 seats
bluemotion
privacy glass
light and sight pack
parking system
door close aid
trunk close aid
climatronic
awning
aux heating with remote control
towbar prep
sliding window in door
heated windscreen wiper

Expected delivery end of april, but it has to be "converted" to real camper, which, besides installing a kitchen pod, will take 3 months (paperwork).

I was told that, when ordered like this without radio, it should have the cables for 8 speakers and the speakers can be installed by an external company fairly easily. Can anyone confirm? It's a crucial assumption. I need rear speakers... But I prefer not to pay €500 for a radio without bluetooth when it can be had for a fraction of that with bluetooth.

I have 1 more day to make changes before the order is final. Missed anything important? Let me know.

Still thinking about differential lock... expensive, but it's a car for many years and I'm dreaming of going back to Iceland and visit the interior with some smaller rivers to cross.

Exciting times ahead ! :):cool:

Just one risk to the story: I really really hope all three of our children (which are NOT the best sleepers) will learn to sleep in the van and be quiet not to wake their brothers ...

Congratulation on your purchase;)

Finally decided not to wait for T6 and ordered today ! :)
It's a beach, because we have 3 boys (aged 2/4/6). This forum has proved very very valuable in the past months for me researching all sorts of stuff about the options to take, thank you all!

Beach 140ps 4motion
Natural Gray
17 inch Cascaval anthracite alloys
7 seats
bluemotion
privacy glass
light and sight pack
parking system
door close aid
trunk close aid
climatronic
awning
aux heating with remote control
towbar prep
sliding window in door
heated windscreen wiper

Expected delivery end of april, but it has to be "converted" to real camper, which, besides installing a kitchen pod, will take 3 months (paperwork).

I was told that, when ordered like this without radio, it should have the cables for 8 speakers and the speakers can be installed by an external company fairly easily. Can anyone confirm? It's a crucial assumption. I need rear speakers... But I prefer not to pay €500 for a radio without bluetooth when it can be had for a fraction of that with bluetooth.

I have 1 more day to make changes before the order is final. Missed anything important? Let me know.

Still thinking about differential lock... expensive, but it's a car for many years and I'm dreaming of going back to Iceland and visit the interior with some smaller rivers to cross.

Exciting times ahead ! :):cool:

Just one risk to the story: I really really hope all three of our children (which are NOT the best sleepers) will learn to sleep in the van and be quiet not to wake their brothers ...

Have driven in snow/ice and also deep sand (similar traction) and would highly recommend the diff lock option. Even when driving with a group it will help you get into a towing position if stuck and its invaluable if on your own.

Thank you. I was already in doubt on the diff lock and have added it. Given my iceland dreams.. I should.
I have made the following last-minute changes:
-Climatic instead of Climatronic. Too expensive, and I'd rather have the 230v hookup.
-Rear diff lock (which required board computer 9Q5)
-230v hook-up (expensive at €770, but finally decided it's worth it)
-reinforced jack and equipment

Now the config is final.

zeratul! I good to see that you found this forum informative and useful ; moreover appreciate the member’s effort.

Apparently the Beach's construction is already compete and it's awaiting delivery since last week. Too bad I wasn't informed earlier.
That took only 5 weeks from order to delivery!
Now I have to bring the kitchen furniture I created, so they can do the paperwork to have it converted in a Camper .. that should take another 3 months. But, if everything goes well, I should have it just in time before summer holidays. :)

Due to Belgian bureaucracy, it took 7 months to get the paperwork done for the car to be a 'camper' (the beach isnot by default). If I knew this upfront, I wouldn't have tried to save this EUR 2400 tax benefit. Anyway, this weekend we've finally been on our first trip. :)
All three slept in the roof, two head near the back next to eachother in the far end (where roof is lowest), and one near the safety net in sideway position. They are now 2.5, 4.5 and 7 and I think we'll manage to do it like that for at least two or three more years.
It was a great first experience. Already learned a lot on what to bring next time.
It was quite a cold night, so glad we took this diesel heater option.. so comfortable in the morning! (they wake up between 6 and 7am...)

Now finally the adventures with Gandalf the Grey can start! We will simply ignore the fact that it's becoming winter.:D

Last edited:
Back