Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordered a new Cali Beach - beat DtD quote

jonroe

jonroe

VIP Member
Just ordered a new Cali Beach after a couple of months deliberation and searching for the best quote. Got a deal that beats the Drive The Deal quote so pleased with that.

Ordered a Beach 140PS in Salsa Red with DSG and
Premium Pack
Awning
Parking heater
Additional seats

Should be ready for next Spring!

So, the question is...how did you manage to get such a good deal? Being in the market for a new Cali in the next couple of months this is of much interest! I thought that DtD were unassailable...

The DtD quote means that there is a least one dealer out there that is giving DtD a deal that is better than what they are offering you (as they have to take their commission). The Cali is not a volume vehicle, therefore DtD are unlikely to have any greater buying power than you. You just need to get enough quotes to find the right dealer (doesn't have to be the one that deals with DtD). I haggled with the dealer where I viewed the Cali and they wanted to see the DtD quote and everything, but still wouldn't even match DtD. The dealer I eventually went with simply responded to my email asking if they could beat the DtD quote! Easy really, you've just got to be persistent and be prepared to spread your net fairly wide for dealers.

We beat DTD by £1,500.... :D

BlackBerry Metallic
Thunder Alloys
Awning
3 Zone Climate
Driver Pack
Electric Folding Mirrors
Fogs
Prem Bluetooth
Privacy Glass
Cool/Warm Box
Bike Rack
3 Seat Bench

Awesome

Could you share how many dealers you approached and whether you just mailed your requirements and the price you wanted, or something else?

thanks in advance :thumb

I got ours at the DiD price - I actually didn't go in with that as my negotiating tool, but just took a full list of all my requirements and he straight away offered up a 5% discount but increased that to 7.5% after my first visit, which was pretty equivalent to the DiD price.
I actually only went to that one dealer as I really didn't have time to go around different dealers with three young children, work and hectic lives. I valued my time more than trying to squeeze another percentage point out of them!

Mine is due in a few weeks hopefully...can't come too soon as my car seems to know I'm going to get rid of it and is rapidly falling apart!

nhurst59 said:
Awesome

Could you share how many dealers you approached and whether you just mailed your requirements and the price you wanted, or something else?

thanks in advance :thumb

We we're looking for an ex demo at first so contacted about 8/9 dealers to see if they ran Beaches as demo's not all Cali dealers do, But when my wife saw a BlackBerry coloured van then she only wanted one in that colour, we did look at one in St Ives Cambridgeshire natural grey so had that to use to get the best deal, We would have bought the grey one if we couldn't get the right price.

I had a very fixed idea in my head, priced it up, got the DtD quote, went in to my local dealers ready to be ever so tough, hard, determined, and to stamp my foot and cry if they did not give me what I wanted…

Then we went outside and I saw Albert, a pretty blue demonstrator looking terribly forlorn….

So I told him that he's coming home with me, in January.

I'm the one who went to the rescue centre a couple of years ago to look for a short-haired bitch and came home with Max, a long-haired collie dog :)