Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510. Bluetooth drops without the ignition on?

easy crew

easy crew

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,

Being relatively new to the beach I'm not sure if its a user fault or not.
Last night I was watching something on my phone and listening through the speakers using bluetooth. It seamed as soon as the ignition is turned off the bluetooth connection drops. Can anyone tell me if this is correct please?
Thanks

I think to be pedantic - the bluetooth turns off when you turn off the ignition and remove the key.

I think if you leave the key in it will leave the bluetooth turned on - not 100% if this is the case in the cali, but is in my Golf.

When you turn on the stereo just by pressing the button (without the key in the ignition) the bluetooth unit stays off

I think that is standard behaviour for all VW's (certainly my Cali and Golf MK7)

Thanks for that.
You're right. With the key in the ignition though the side lights stay on. Is this right? I was trying to work this one out last night in a field. Looked a bit suspicious with the lights going up and down!

The Ignition doesn't have to be on, just the key IN.
Key In, Ignition On so that the stereo comes On, then Ignition Off BUT leave key In.:thumb

The Ignition doesn't have to be on, just the key IN.
Key In, Ignition On so that the stereo comes On, then Ignition Off BUT leave key In.:thumb

Thanks. Yes I tried it, it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back