Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach - finally

The photos are no longer available.

Below is a checklist for you. I hope others will add to items I will inevitably miss.
• table in sliding door
• two chairs in tailgate
• child safety net
• bendy 12v socket light
• Jack, wheel brace etc
• warning triangle
• first aid kit
• wheel bolt “key”
• manual
• comfort mattress (if an option)
• heater remote (if an option)
• awning crank (if with awning)
• unbelievably short hookup cable
• two remote keys

Thanks. I did download the list from the resource centre -- very useful! Strange about the photos -- they're still visible to me even after I clear my cache.

I hope so. I admit a few times since committing to buying it I've had the nerves about dropping £50k plus on a Beach, but the spec is pretty awesome and I think an Ocean would feel cramped with 2 kids and a crazy dog.
After negotiating on an Ocean we went back to the dealers to place the order. Just about to finalise when wehad a lightbulb moment & realised we had dismissed the Beach without ever even looking at one. Decided we should at least check them out, looked at a number of 3 seaters, then a 2 seater, did test drive. Realised for our needs the 2 seater Beach was the way to go for us. Absolutely no regrets :)

SD card is missing from left hand slot of head unit, make sue the Nav card is in the head unit when delivered. Otherwise no Nav and a bill for over priced Nav card

Sd card is shown in photo 17 make sure it is there when delivered

wow, sharp eyes! Looking closely now it looks to me like it's missing in the photos taken about 930 (time visible in photos 10 and 14, where the clock shows 930 and 932, but then visible in photos 17-22, where the clock (a different one) shows 935. So I'm thinking it wasn't installed but then they popped it in to take the satnav photos? It think it's missing in photo 26 too, hopefully that was taken earlier.

From experience with this dealer ( pre- reg 2018) Cali I would photograph everything on delivery until 100% satisfied. Check the spec matches exactly to what was listed / you paid for, pm me if not .
All good now but just a word of warning to check and double check immediately on delivery
Enjoy I’m sure all will be good

Check the following have been supplied: material blinds, front and two side windows, cup holder (clips into side rail) cup fit holder for fixed panelrear cab area, ( usually in one of the draws under the 3 seat bench, cigarette torch light ( same place), wheel locking wheel nut key (could be anywhere) door bins, child safety net, remote heater key ( heater looks all good in photos) just the angle of the photo hides the display.
Check jack, warning trianglefirst aid kit etc, check document leather folder ( no service book supplied nowadays) , Cali supplement, vw assist etc.
If paid for extended warranty get the paper copy, if not get the extended warranty before 3 months of registration (vw will not recognise it imo without proof )

The dealer will not provide the one litre of oil others have reported as being supplied! “ never heard of it “
Above all, this is advice regarding the above, enjoy your experience.

Thanks. I have been a bit nervous about letting them delivery the Cali, but one advantage of that as I understand it is that if something is the matter I can cancel the deal, I get the two week cooling off period as everything was off premise. If I schelp down to London and buy it in person, I don't (I can check it over, but that's it, if I miss something or something big emerges, it's more hassle and I can't simply cancel the deal).

will pm you.

We’re all nervous about handing over 50k of our hard earned.
I would not imagine anything big will emerge, just little thing have the knack of annoying the heck out of you, and invariably once the dealer has your money, they loose interest very soon.
Check check and check again,

Check your beach table actually is a beach table and not an ocean table. It should have clips underneath for fitting into the rail. The ocean table doesn't have these

Right, so this is how it arrived from London, and missing the awning handle of course. Duh! The roof was easily sorted, just wondering whether there's anything I need to worry about in terms of nonvisible damage/distortion? The clip wasnt closed but the safety hook or whatever it's called was engaged.
IMG_20190821_151730.jpg

Right, so this is how it arrived from London, and missing the awning handle of course. Duh! The roof was easily sorted, just wondering whether there's anything I need to worry about in terms of nonvisible damage/distortion? The clip wasnt closed but the safety hook or whatever it's called was engaged.
View attachment 49128

That’s appalling!

How can a California dealer deliver a van without having closed the roof!?

I don’t suppose there is any irreversible damage as a result but the bellows may have a good many flies squished inside.

Check for creases in the poptop about half way along on the sides. It should be fine but if its been closed incorrectly sometimes that can happen. Also check the canvas near the scissor arms hasn't been caught and torn.

It's always the smallest of details that turn good/great customer service into OMG I can't believe those clowns did that.

That is shockingly poor. Of all the things to screw up, and presumably driven all the way from to Edinburgh like it. That's one interesting conversation to have with the sales manager at Citygate. I hope the rest of the excitement at receiving your new toy makes up for it.