Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach - finally

highroad

highroad

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
It took ages to decide what we wanted, and for a long time I thought it would be a lwb and thus a conversion. But in the end sense prevailed and we bought a pre-reg Beach with 50 miles on the clock. We benefited greatly from these forums, especially the many threads on Beach vs Ocean and on Options/Specs. Here is what we ended up with:

2019 Beach 150
DSG
Starlight Blue
Awning in silver
Discover Media Navigation
Green insulating glass/privacy glass in rear
Heated front windscreen
Power latching for sliding door
Power latching for tailgate
Fog lights with cornering function
Lights and Vision package
Comfort Lighting
Adaptive Cruise
Front and rear sensors with camera
3 seat bench in the back
2 swivels in 2nd row
Wing mirrors heated/folding
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Comfort dash with 3 zone AC
Leather multifunction steering wheel
Heated front seats
Parking heater with remote
LED headlamps
5 year warranty
2 services for £199 -- financed 9% of the van price, which I'll pay off in a month. Because so little was financed any interest penalty payment will be minimal.

That jumped out as a pretty good spec for a van that was sitting on the lot, ready to go, with a healthy discount already. The only things it's missing that I would have wanted is sliding door window and appconnect. Both can be added, although the window isn't cheap as a retrofit and I'm not likely to add it given we live in Scotland, maybe that will change when the kids are older and we get away to the Continent/warmer places more.

I considered at some length putting in an order instead of buying a van that was already configured, which I think would have saved us slightly more than buying the pre-reg (we got just over 10 percent off). But that would have involved a wait of several months and I just wanted to get on with it, especially with 2 boys, 2 years old and 4 years old. All the fun times we'll have between now and Christmas in the van we just won't have had if we'd done an order, and that is surely worth it.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed such tremendous insight on the forum over the years.

It took ages to decide what we wanted, and for a long time I thought it would be a lwb and thus a conversion. But in the end sense prevailed and we bought a pre-reg Beach with 50 miles on the clock. We benefited greatly from these forums, especially the many threads on Beach vs Ocean and on Options/Specs. Here is what we ended up with:

2019 Beach 150
DSG
Starlight Blue
Awning in silver
Heated front windscreen
Comfort Lighting
Adaptive Cruise
3 seat bench in the back
2 swivels in 2nd row
Heated front seats
LED headlamps
5 year warranty
2 services for £199 -- financed 9% of the van price, which I'll pay off in a month. Because so little was financed any interest penalty payment will be minimal.

That jumped out as a pretty good spec for a van that was sitting on the lot, ready to go, with a healthy discount already. The only things it's missing that I would have wanted is sliding door window and appconnect. Both can be added, although the window isn't cheap as a retrofit and I'm not likely to add it given we live in Scotland, maybe that will change when the kids are older and we get away to the Continent/warmer places more.

I considered at some length putting in an order instead of buying a van that was already configured, which I think would have saved us slightly more than buying the pre-reg (we got just over 10 percent off). But that would have involved a wait of several months and I just wanted to get on with it, especially with 2 boys, 2 years old and 4 years old. All the fun times we'll have between now and Christmas in the van we just won't have had if we'd done an order, and that is surely worth it.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed such tremendous insight on the forum over the years.
Beach is a great vehicle you'll love it :welcome

2019 Beach 150
DSG
Starlight Blue
Awning in silver
Heated front windscreen
Comfort Lighting
Adaptive Cruise
3 seat bench in the back
2 swivels in 2nd row
Heated front seats
LED headlamps
5 year warranty

Nicely done, we just picked our Beach up after waiting since April, it came through quicker than we expected though so all is good. Have fun.

Beach is a great vehicle you'll love it :welcome

I hope so. I admit a few times since committing to buying it I've had the nerves about dropping £50k plus on a Beach, but the spec is pretty awesome and I think an Ocean would feel cramped with 2 kids and a crazy dog.

:welcome To the beach club Highroad

Nice spec, 4 up and a dog the beach is going to be superb.

Post a piccy when the eagle has landed

Where is your shake down trip going to be ?

Thanks. Not sure about the first (proper) trip. My 76 year old mom is coming from overseas for a few weeks the day before the Beach arrives. We'll obviously do day trips while she's here, and are looking to get away for a week at the end of August with her, but will not (all) be camping. We may go to the Northwest Highlands and at night put her in a B&B, although realistically it would be cheaper to just rent an AirBnB for a week somewhere. Whatever happens, I'll post some pics!

Sounds like a great spec and look forward to seeing the photos! I'm on my 2nd Beach, like to change cars very often and would love to have a change and order another one!

Here's the actual van, the ad is still online:

We are having the van delivered, but will check it over as soon as it arrives. Does anyone know what the white thing is in the middle of the inside of the sliding door, in the 360 degree interior shot? Does it look like the table is missing? (The van is pre-reg, but only has 50 miles, so nothing should be missing!)

Hi,

Great spot. Yes the white object is a sticker in the door void only visible when the table is not in place.

Enjoy your Beach when it arrives north of the border.

Very nice.

Are you 100% sure it's got the programmable parking heater? I thought the factory fitted parking heater had the controls in the roof by the lighting but others would be able to confirm.

Need to see some other photos of the drivers footwell or the B pillar to see if it has the vents.

Very nice.

Are you 100% sure it's got the programmable parking heater? I thought the factory fitted parking heater had the controls in the roof by the lighting but others would be able to confirm.

Need to see some other photos of the drivers footwell or the B pillar to see if it has the vents.
Looking at the external shots, it does look like a vent in the drivers footwell so it does look like it has the parking heater!

I think the heater controls are partially hidden due to the angle the image was taken at.

Here's my 2018MY heating controls. Which match the Colindale Van.

New (but potentially boring) game here, spot the feature from a small detail. I think I've played enough already....

20190815_101704.jpg

yikes, now you guys have me worried! I had considered picking it up but it's 6 hrs by train and then a long drive back, which given what's happening right now I'd have to more or less do quickly, not as part of a scenic tour. I knew getting the van delivered would mean I'd miss the handover briefing but I figured I wouldn't be missing much and could figure out how things worked myself and by reading the forum.

If anyone notices anything else weird in those photos, or that doesn't match the spec, please let me know, I'd be hugely grateful! I've emailed the guy to let him know the table is missing in the photo.

What the heck is that in the back right window of the van in the 360 interior view?

Also curious to know what the blank buttons here are for (just for general interest). Might be useful for other people as well.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.28.33.png

Last edited:
The photos are no longer available.

Below is a checklist for you. I hope others will add to items I will inevitably miss.
• table in sliding door
• two chairs in tailgate
• child safety net
• bendy 12v socket light
• Jack, wheel brace etc
• warning triangle
• first aid kit
• wheel bolt “key”
• manual
• comfort mattress (if an option)
• heater remote (if an option)
• awning crank (if with awning)
• unbelievably short hookup cable
• two remote keys

I think the heater controls are partially hidden due to the angle the image was taken at.

Here's my 2018MY heating controls. Which match the Colindale Van.

New (but potentially boring) game here, spot the feature from a small detail. I think I've played enough already....

View attachment 48763
I've had 2 Beaches (both without parking heaters!) And been a member on here for nearly 4 years and I have never seen a photo of the beach parking heater controls! Always thought it was similar to the Ocean.

Learn something every day!

What the heck is that in the back right window of the van in the 360 interior view?

Also curious to know what the blank buttons here are for (just for general interest). Might be useful for other people as well.

View attachment 48764
I know that one or two of the blanks are used for the Fully electric sliding door.

The blank buttons are just that - blanks. I assume they would be unblanked with certain options or could be used if accessories are fitted such a flashing orange roof lights.

Right, thanks. I understood that they were blank/useless in that van. I was wondering if there were certain options that standardly used those buttons/controls.

I've had 2 Beaches (both without parking heaters!) And been a member on here for nearly 4 years and I have never seen a photo of the beach parking heater controls! Always thought it was similar to the Ocean.

Learn something every day!

The big irony being I bought my Beach unseen from the other end of the country, travelled to pick it up and only discovered it had a parking heater when I got home. It wasn't in the advert or covered in the dealer handover....