Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New addition to my collection

R

Resto-raider

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

I'm Rick, 34 years old, and I live in the south of the Netherlands with my wife and 2 kids.
I've only eveer drove VW's and Audi's so it made sence to buy a VW camper.

I'm pleased to tell you that I bought a VW T5 California.
It's a 2005 model with only 87.000 km or roughly 55.000 mls. It has the 2.6TDI 130 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox. It's the Comfortline with lots of extras, like satnav, heated seats, Brandrup bags all over, tinted windows, 3-zone climatronic, etc.

Unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until next week friday. I can hardly wait.

I will be using this Cali as my daily ride and I traded in my VW Passat 3BG 1.8T.

Next to the California I have a VW MK1 1977 Golf that i've been restoring forever (and progress is slow), and a VW 1968 'Earlybay' T2. Also the wive has a Seat Arosa. I also used to have a VW 181 Thing/Trekker that I sold 2 months ago.

Buying a T5 California is a long cherished dream as we love going camping all over Europe. We've been to Spain and back with the Earlybay, but it's not exactly comfortable to drive. So as of next friday I will have the choice. Oldskool camping or newskool camping.

Some pics;

The Golf as I got it;
Foto-4SDPRT7D-D.jpg

The Golf how I want it to be:
Foto-UITEEFMO-D.jpg

The Earlybay with the Rapido folding caravan:
Foto-IXFCW76V-D.jpg

At the VW factory in Wolfsburg:
Foto-FBRESW6E-D.jpg

Interior with a custom R&R bed and upholstery similar to a California bed but super comfortable (made in the UK):
Foto-MSQRYOYA-D.jpg

And last but not least the T5 California:
Foto-W73FXUMU-D.jpg

Foto-IX66BIPP-D.jpg

Foto-DHKT33F4-D.jpg

The wife and kids testing out the interior.
Foto-8BFOX36W-D.jpg

Excellent... good to see someone else keeping their collection.

Nice vehicles, particularly like the early bay.

Welcome on board.

Rgds
Mark

Last edited:
Love the mk1 golf wish I still had mine
Welcome by the way

Hi and welcome!
Of gewoon hallo en welgekomen....:D

Hi and welcome, nice to see you are an enthusiast :thumb

Thanks for the welcome. I did buy from a dealer. Reason for that is that i traded in my Vw Passat and there aren't that many good ones available from private sellers