Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nespresso Machine off Leisure Battery?

Has the whole country got the coffee craze? I wish I’d bought shares in coffee companies a few years ago.

Jar of Douwe Egberts, hot water, milk, stir, drink - job done :)

OK, I’m a heathen.

Has the whole country got the coffee craze? I wish I’d bought shares in coffee companies a few years ago.

Jar of Douwe Egberts, hot water, milk, stir, drink - job done :)

OK, I’m a heathen.
I guess it could be worse, you could be drinking decaf! There’s hope for you yet ;)

I do appreciate a really good cup, I really do, but we do seem a little obsessed with coffee these days.

When did it become essential to buy a pint of coffee to take on the train? Or carry a cup when walking along the pavement whilst staring at a phone with the other hand?

Now you know why I’m Grumpy Granddad :)

I do appreciate a really good cup, I really do, but we do seem a little obsessed with coffee these days.

When did it become essential to buy a pint of coffee to take on the train? Or carry a cup when walking along the pavement whilst staring at a phone with the other hand?

Now you know why I’m Grumpy Granddad :)
See your point, me personally have 5oz in the morning and a couple of 3oz during the day.
The larger stuff is a hangover from the Americans and Starbucks

I have used one of these with pods- but never even thought about taking it in the van.
I have about 10 assorted batteries so the capacity is ok & batteries can be recharged from 12 or 240v
Machine also works from 240v if available.

Makita

MAKITA DCM501Z 18V LI-ION CXT/ LXT CORDLESS COFFEE MACHINE - BARE (673HF)

View reviews (9)
4.7 out of 5

View all Q&A
Cordless coffee machine which can be powered by a wide range of Makita lithium batteries including 10.8/12V max, 14.4V and 18V. Supplied with a dedicated mug which fits the machine perfectly to prevent splashing and is also compatible with commercial cups up to 90mm in height. Boil dry protection feature cuts the power supply if the machine is empty but temperature rises too high. Both ground coffee and compatible café pods can be brewed.
  • Works with 60mm Pods & Ground Coffee
  • Suitable for CXT/ LXT Batteries
  • Reverse Polarity, Short Circuit, Overload & Over Temperature Protection

1605545861920.png

• 1 Year Guarantee
  • Dedicated Mug Supplied
  • Boil Dry Protection Feature

Funny how the OP's questions was answered in the second and third posts, but still this has become another 3-page coffee thread. People love their coffee(makers). :)

I have used one of these with pods- but never even thought about taking it in the van.
I have about 10 assorted batteries so the capacity is ok & batteries can be recharged from 12 or 240v
Machine also works from 240v if available.

Makita

MAKITA DCM501Z 18V LI-ION CXT/ LXT CORDLESS COFFEE MACHINE - BARE (673HF)

View reviews (9)
4.7 out of 5

View all Q&A
Cordless coffee machine which can be powered by a wide range of Makita lithium batteries including 10.8/12V max, 14.4V and 18V. Supplied with a dedicated mug which fits the machine perfectly to prevent splashing and is also compatible with commercial cups up to 90mm in height. Boil dry protection feature cuts the power supply if the machine is empty but temperature rises too high. Both ground coffee and compatible café pods can be brewed.
  • Works with 60mm Pods & Ground Coffee
  • Suitable for CXT/ LXT Batteries
  • Reverse Polarity, Short Circuit, Overload & Over Temperature Protection

View attachment 69465

• 1 Year Guarantee
  • Dedicated Mug Supplied
  • Boil Dry Protection Feature

Just missing a built in radio

@ThomasHJ , yes this has gone waaay off-topic .

In fact THE coffee thread is thisone

Tried the Nanopresso, it was lots of fun twice. I went for this:
A7C31E7D-885E-492A-9ECD-9B7B3AB896DE.jpeg
It’s an EcoFlow delta teamed with the mini Nespresso. I had considered adding a second house battery but when I added up the cost with split charging, wiring, inverter etc, this made way more sense. It can be charged ac dc or solar with 1800W output and is portable. It gets used often, both in and out of the bus. Love it!

Admittedly the first cup of coffee was expensive, but the second one was half the price!

Edit:

It also runs the ice machine and the compressor fridge for days so I can also have iced coffee!

Last edited:
Yeah, although the different very long coffee threads seem to show that people take their coffee very serious, I believe spending 1400 euro's and taking up about half the size of the van to make a cup of nespresso might not be everyone's prefered solution ;-)