Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering springs

I already have 16” wheels, but need to lose 20mm to fit in my garage with the roof bars on, (we have lots of tree sap / pollen at the moment) so thinking of having the vw springs fitted, but curious as to how they would actually look.
Probably the same as photo above but less wheel but more rubber.

I know this is an old post but I am puzzled by different advice from VW Vans:

I had a broken spring on my '14 Beach 7 seater. Decided to change all springs for the VW lowering springs. Dealer has fitted ZGB7H0071677. Advice on forum is that they should be ZGB7H0071677A- heavier duty. However the VW parts computer says the lighter ones are the correct fitment. Who is right?
Perfect thanks. Spoke to another dealer who confirmed all Cali's need the higher load rating. VW have been on back order for 2 months so ordered a set of heavy duty ones from Vanstyle who now have them back in stock for anyone else waiting on VW....
know

Does anyone know the part number for VW lowering springs for a 2014 Beach 140, 7 seat?

I doubt they will have a part number they are eibach springs

Pretty sure there’s only one type of 30mm lowering springs.i did ask a few years back.the A will just be the latest part number maybe?

This is the box my springs came in, the dealer fitted them and put the originals in the box. I had several sets but only have three sets left :thumb Mines a T6 ocean not a beech. Part number lowering springs.JPG

Booked in at VW next week to have the full Eibach kit put on. Will update before and after, hoping to improve the ride. The Anti roll bars and -30mm still just don't cut it.
Ill have a set of 18 month old -30mm springs up for sale if anybody is interested

Booked in at VW next week to have the full Eibach kit put on. Will update before and after, hoping to improve the ride. The Anti roll bars and -30mm still just don't cut it.
Ill have a set of 18 month old -30mm springs up for sale if anybody is interested
Awsome look forward to your reviews
Ours are sat at the dealers, but the van has been cancelled so we’re now waiting on our 6.1 for them to be fitted too
Hopefully;)

Pretty sure there’s only one type of 30mm lowering springs.i did ask a few years back.the A will just be the latest part number maybe?
I believe there is a difference, but I can't remember which ones I've got. I think A.

ZGB7H0071677 front axle weight upto 1550kgs
ZGB7H0071677A front axle weight upto 1710kgs

I believe there is a difference, but I can't remember which ones I've got. I think A.

ZGB7H0071677 front axle weight upto 1550kgs
ZGB7H0071677A front axle weight upto 1710kgs
According to the vw van center I bought mine from there’s one set.but you may be right and them wrong?
I did notice that some vans seemed to look lower than mine this would back up your information

Hi all

Having lowered (various spring kits, coilovers and air ride) most vehicles I have owned I plan on lowering my 6.1 when I get it.

For me, I’m contemplating the following company ( it’s a spin off of Bilstein I understand )

SI + StillStatic is a guru for all things brakes, wheels and suspension and his advice for me is reliable and sound. We‘ve discussed springs and unfortunately it does not provide a sufficient enough drop for me hence the coilover route consideration as the solowsuspension is apparently a smoother ride

just my two pennies worth

Hi all

Having lowered (various spring kits, coilovers and air ride) most vehicles I have owned I plan on lowering my 6.1 when I get it.

For me, I’m contemplating the following company ( it’s a spin off of Bilstein I understand )

SI *+ StillStatic is a guru for all things brakes, wheels and suspension and his advice for me is reliable and sound. We‘ve discussed springs and unfortunately it does not provide a sufficient enough drop for me hence the coilover route consideration as the solowsuspension is apparently a smoother ride

just my two pennies worth
You sound a bit like me!!
Everything I ever own gets lowered .
Apart from my Defender....
I have the eibach coilovers sat at my dealers waiting for my 6.1 to come ...
They was ordered for me a while ago but there was a issue with the t6cali on order so now they will be fitted to the 6.1....
How do you go on with the warranty with the so lows??
The eibach are vw approved

They was ordered for me a while ago but there was a issue with the t6cali on order so now they will be fitted to the 6.1....
Looking forward to hearing how this goes for you. Looking to lower out 2104 Cali SE with this option.

So my current ride is Audi RS3 and still under manufacturers warranty. It’s lowered on the MSS adjustable spring kit (loads of pants imho lol) but I inquired where the lands lies in terms of warranty issues With Audi before I installed and essentially the warranty is still intact / valid but theyre unlikely to cover any suspension related claims. Everything else is still covered and has been back a couple of times for warranty related worked, gearbox, exhaust .....etc

I’m working on the same premise for the anticipated 6.1 since it all comes under VAG where warranties are concerned.

my RS3 has DCC which is a lovely option but in some respects its an Achilles heel when it comes to lowering options because it’s a case of ripping out the entire kit and reasonable coilovers or opt for the DCC friendly Bilstein kit, which works out prohibitively expensive hence not speccing the 6.1 with DCC because it would be false economy to rip that out for an expensive DCC friendly Bilstein kit.
I have another Audi (avatar pic) which is on airlift air but I just don’t like / trust it enough to be on a daily driven car. airlift air ride it’s a tad unpredictable and a bit of a nightmare if you ask me lol.

forgot to ask, do you have any background to the eibach coilovers which are VW Warranty Friendly pls? This isn’t something I was aware of. Cheers

forgot to ask, do you have any background to the eibach coilovers which are VW Warranty Friendly pls? This isn’t something I was aware of. Cheers
Yeah there supplied by vw dealers and fitted at the dealers so all covered under warranty I believe the drop is from 30 to70mm ???
my last few vans Inc calis I have had B14s fitted... they are really good just a bit worrying incase vw try to refuse warranty work on the undercarriage due to the none approved coilovers (b14s) hoping the eibach are as good with the soft/firm ride quality like the b14s.
There’s a guy on here called alpen who has had them fitted to his t6 anniversary and says there great search his name it may help you decide

It’s something they have been offering for a few months now. I’ve checked the warranty out and everything is covered as normal.
2 extra hours needed to re calibrate ACC if you have it but luckily I havnt.
van does not require re tracking either.

Look forward to seeing a slammed 6.1!
I’m only going -50mm, any lower and the sump guard will be full of grass when camping :thumb

The van center should re track it really i would want it checking just to be safe .my t5 and my Cali both needed re tracking it’s only a few quid less than the price of new tyres and you have the added security it’s running true..;)

Look forward to seeing a slammed 6.1!
I’m only going -50mm, any lower and the sump guard will be full of grass when camping :thumb
50mm is a good sensible number.
I might go fully down ???
I’ll hopefully get to decide when there being fitted

Yeah there supplied by vw dealers and fitted at the dealers so all covered under warranty I believe the drop is from 30 to70mm ???
my last few vans Inc calis I have had B14s fitted... they are really good just a bit worrying incase vw try to refuse warranty work on the undercarriage due to the none approved coilovers (b14s) hoping the eibach are as good with the soft/firm ride quality like the b14s.
There’s a guy on here called alpen who has had them fitted to his t6 anniversary and says there great search his name it may help you decide
Brilliant info! Thanks, 30 to 70 mm is in my ball park but the proof of the pudding is in the lowering I guess and seeing the finished product lol
I’ll check user alpen, cheers and much appreciated

The van center should re track it really i would want it checking just to be safe .my t5 and my Cali both needed re tracking it’s only a few quid less than the price of new tyres and you have the added security it’s running true..;)
Yes I did ask the question but was told it didn’t need doing....
30mil wouldn’t really affect the camber or toe but 50mm or more would, I agree with you there. Need to also ensure they don’t damage the levelling sensor for the headlights. Vw snapped it off when putting on the 30mm sportline springs. It’s worth pointing that out to them prior.

Picked up the bus today. -60 mm of clearance. It’s great tbh. Smooth ride, I thought it would be harsh but it isn’t, same as stock but without the body roll completely. Highly recommend

B6E67D54-FF79-421C-A399-FD9BB9B28BF4.jpeg

1CCD9871-1EB5-44A2-8EFC-146BEEC6552D.jpeg

2D557A77-444E-4757-B09E-A898293D4F1B.jpeg