Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a lady...

T

TripleBee

Vehicle
N/A
As per title, I am looking for a lady with a dark blue T5 Transporter, converted to a California. It has an original hydraulic roof, complete kitchenette built in from a T5.1, but also has a left sliding door.

We met on the campsite in Millau, but didn't get too familiar (C-19), and I helped her out with a flat tyre. I have some pictures from the happening, but I forgot to ask her name and e-mail.
If someone has spotted this "California" (with bike rack), or knows this lady (she just retired, so I am guessing around 65 years old), can you get us in contact with each other?

I will be very grateful.
IMG_20200910_085844.jpg

What nationality was your lady friend? That may help?

EDIT - to say this lady just expanded the pic and sees a UK reg.

She is indeed British. Blond(ed) hair. How you say not skinny, rather chubby? But she likes to bike steep slopes.
I have the full reg if someone should come across the van.

Always better knocking ten years off what you really think when
guessing a ladies age ;)

That van is a Manchester number, it could still be up in the north west
post the full reg plate and maybe try facebook with the full reg, @2into1 will
probably have a link for a T5 facebook group.

Or go to your local police station and report her for nicking your bike :D

Unless you can retire at 55 in the UK, I will stick to 60 - 65.
I already searched the reg plate, but that is where it was registered the first time, and she bought it second hand, so she can be from everywhere. She didn't have a Scottish accent, so that narrows down the area a bit.
And I wish her good luck on my bike, if she can get her legs on the pedals while sitting on the cross bar.

Unless you can retire at 55 in the UK, I will stick to 60 - 65.
I already searched the reg plate, but that is where it was registered the first time, and she bought it second hand, so she can be from everywhere. She didn't have a Scottish accent, so that narrows down the area a bit.
And I wish her good luck on my bike, if she can get her legs on the pedals while sitting on the cross bar.
You can retire any age - and a lot of people doing it earlier in the UK.

Edit - She must be around 45 - 50 years young then... :thumb
I also re-read the post and realise this damsel was not in distress, but swiping your bike?

I also re-read the post and realise this damsel was not in distress, but swiping your bike?
Don't know if she would trade her Canondale carbon racing bike for a Granville aluminium ATB...

But I will have a look if I still fit on the bike I took back home. :oops:

She is indeed British. Blond(ed) hair. How you say not skinny, rather chubby? But she likes to bike steep slopes.
Very dangerous game, guessing a ladies age and not advisable to use chubby as a description. Not the best chat up lines :)
Dangerous game guessing a lady’s age and not advisable to us chubby as a description :) :)

Very dangerous game, guessing a ladies age and not advisable to use chubby as a description. Not the best chat up lines :)

Dangerous game guessing a lady’s age and not advisable to us chubby as a description :) :)
Well, she's definately not skin and bones. And she said she just retired.
It's just to give as much information as I could.

Always better knocking ten years off what you really think when
guessing a ladies age ;)

That van is a Manchester number, it could still be up in the north west
post the full reg plate and maybe try facebook with the full reg, @2into1 will
probably have a link for a T5 facebook group.
Can't find a way to share the link from my phone, but this is the group....
Screenshot_20200929_191019_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Hi TripleBee

if you like a challenge and a bit of detective work and a long shot:

enter the full reg of the vehicle in the U.K. government Ministry of Transport test centre(MOT) checker website.
The vehicle should have had an MOT within the last year, this will tell you where the vehicle was last tested (The MOT centre)
follow this link it will show you the basic details of the vehicle and the last test centre the vehicle went to For a test.

when you have entered the Reg and checked the basic details of the vehicle are correct, look at the test centre number for the most recent MOT ( test centres are assigned a unique number for each test centre location)

you can use this information to search another website, for the corresponding test centre location / number, the address and telephone number Are provided for every test centre.
following this link which shows every MOT test centre In England

with a bit of time and effort you should be able to locate the last test centre the Van went to and hopefully that will narrow your search down to a specif area.

The only problem with this approach, is if the Lady has not had the Van MOT tested since she has owned it ? In which case the above may not assist you In narrowing your search!

I told you it would be a long shot.
best of luck

Hi TripleBee

enter the full reg of the vehicle in the U.K. government Ministry of Transport test centre(MOT) checker website.
The vehicle should have had an MOT within the last year, this will tell you where the vehicle was last tested (The MOT centre)
follow this link it will show you the basic details of the vehicle and the last test centre the vehicle went to For a test.

when you have entered the Reg and checked the basic details of the vehicle are correct, look at the test centre number for the most recent MOT ( test centres are assigned a unique number for each test centre location)

you can use this information to search another website, for the corresponding test centre location / number, the address and telephone number Are provided for every test centre.

with a bit of time and effort you should be able to locate the last test centre the Van went to and hopefully that will narrow your search down to a specif area.

The only problem with this approach, is if the Lady has not had the Van MOT tested since she has owned it ? In which case the above may not assist you In narrowing your search!

best of luck
You could always put out an APB to all VWCC members to keep an eye out for her :) Careful though, you don’t want be accused of stalking :)

You could always put out an APB to all VWCC members to keep an eye out for her :) Careful though, you don’t want be accused of stalking :)
Why do you think I as you to look out for her? Then I am not the one stalking her!! :thumb
Hi TripleBee

best of luck
Doesn't work out as I have to fill out the last 11 digits from the V5C.
New info: if you come across a dark blue T5 Transporter with California trim AND a corroded outer layer of the exhaust back box, it's her!

so to recap:

Man with Blue Van seeks Lady with Blue Van

British,

Older California type, 5’ 1,

Chubby ( Not skin and Bones)

Blond,

45 - 65 years young ish,

like to cook on wrong side,

up top should work as intended,

must like Hill camping / riding steeps hills whilst sitting on a mans cross bar, Built for comfort not speed.

Will settle for lighter, racier version if all else fails

Ladies with skin and bone,Scottish accents and tidy Back box need not apply.

so to recap:

Man with Blue Van seeks Lady with Blue Van

British,

Older California type, 5’ 1,

Chubby ( Not skin and Bones)

Blond,

45 - 65 years young ish,

like to cook on wrong side,

up top should work as intended,

must like Hill camping / riding steeps hills whilst sitting on a mans cross bar, Built for comfort not speed.

Will settle for lighter, racier version if all else fails

Ladies with skin and bone,Scottish accents and tidy Back box need not apply.
That is about it.

Anyone?

Damn!

My van is not blue, not a T5, I'm not chubby, not blonde, wrong age group, hate cross bars (prefer happy ones) and cooking for no one.

Oh well,

:(
You know what to do if we meet on a campsite one day...

No idea where this is going, but definitely better than the gossip section of "Dag Allemaal" (The Sun as for UK).
Nevertheless, just continue your quest, can't see why you shouldn't :thumb

Could this be the forum's first wedding? If it is, make sure it's in a big flat field in the middle of summer, preferably next to a pub.