Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a camper

J

jarda

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, I am not a California owner yet, but I am looking for a one (used) for two adults, two kinds and a dog.

The thing should be around £17'000,- probably a Beach.
Any recommendations (e.g. where to look for it, whether it is a good idea etc) are welcome :)

Best,
Jarda

Hi, I am not a California owner yet, but I am looking for a one (used) for two adults, two kinds and a dog.

The thing should be around £17'000,- probably a Beach.
Any recommendations (e.g. where to look for it, whether it is a good idea etc) are welcome :)

Best,
Jarda
In that price range, you will be looking at the T4, or a very beaten up T5 with a high mileage. Or a conversion.

In that price range, you will be looking at the T4, or a very beaten up T5 with a high mileage. Or a conversion.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I agree that the price is quite low, my idea would be to get as non-beaten T5 Beach as possible.
I've summarised some more detailed requirements in this thread.

I think you need someone from Czech Rep to come on here and advise. The UK market is going to be very different in terms of what's available, so few of us will be able to help very much with your 'where to look' question.

Certainly in the UK, the lowest price for any T5 California that doesn't have anything fundamentally wrong with it is going to be around £25,000, I think. The Czech market may be quite different.

I think you need someone from Czech Rep to come on here and advise. The UK market is going to be very different in terms of what's available, so few of us will be able to help very much with your 'where to look' question.

Certainly in the UK, the lowest price for any T5 California that doesn't have anything fundamentally wrong with it is going to be around £25,000, I think. The Czech market may be quite different.

That's a good point, anyway what would be the UK price range for a good T5 Beach?

Also, in case you would have some advice on more country-independent questions, I've written them here.
Thanks!
Jarda

Our son had a similar budget 4 years ago, ended up buying a 1993 T4 California Freestyle for £17800. This seemed a shed load of money for a T4, but I think that's the price you would have to pay for a nice one today. CALIFORNIA RESIDUALS.! The build quality is excellent, the engines are renowned for their long life, if not just a little rattlely. BUT of course they are all LHD.
They use it as their daily drive, doing the school run etc, kids 7 and 9. Drive to Spain every summer for a month.
They absolutely love their T4 Cali.