Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Living the dream

Bennybristol

Bennybristol

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello all. My name is Benny and I have realised a life goal by buying a Campervan. Not just any campervan but a California (thanks to my mate Harry for steering me away from the dreaded conversions!!). I look forward to taking our maiden voyage in the new year. As it will be our first, and I am new to all this, can anyone recommend any campsites that will be open (with electric hook up) in the South Wales or Somerset/Devon area Jan/Feb time. Any tips for a first timer would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Benny

Hi Benny and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello all. My name is Benny and I have realised a life goal by buying a Campervan. Not just any campervan but a California (thanks to my mate Harry for steering me away from the dreaded conversions!!). I look forward to taking our maiden voyage in the new year. As it will be our first, and I am new to all this, can anyone recommend any campsites that will be open (with electric hook up) in the South Wales or Somerset/Devon area Jan/Feb time. Any tips for a first timer would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Benny

Tredegar House CC site. Absolutely excellent. Beverley Holidays Site in Paignton. There is also an adults only site in Torquay which is excellent. Generally I would avoid any site on a working farm with talk of cuddly animals. Wading through poo at eight in the morning to a toilet block in a disused cowshed has not been my idea of fun. As mentioned I have found UK Campsites excellent. Only believe reviews on there by people who have made multiple reviews.... Glowing reviews by someone who has only made one review are always suspicious. Try and go when it is not heltering down and blowing a gale. Join the Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Club the National Trust and English Heritage. Have fun.

Great way to start 2017....
Welcome

Cheers,
Benny

Welcome aboard! May I suggest you download the Archies app. I use this app all the time to search for campsites. Brilliant

Back