Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery change

Dominiek

Dominiek

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I have to change the leisure battery on my 2017 ocean. I notice there is a cable going in to the battery. How do i remove it? What is the purpase of it?17062846012545986210582909865580.jpg

It looks like a vent pipe to me going into the top of the battery. To take any gasses from the battery outside the vehicle.

If it is, then the pipe should just pull off and push back onto the replacement battery.

I have to change the leisure battery on my 2017 ocean. I notice there is a cable going in to the battery. How do i remove it? What is the purpase of it?View attachment 118505
Why are you changing just 1 battery?
The Ocean has 2 Leisure Batteries and both should be changed otherwise you will shorten the lifespan of the new battery.

Why are you changing just 1 battery?
The Ocean has 2 Leisure Batteries and both should be changed otherwise you will shorten the lifespan of the new battery.
Did not know that! Now you doubled my expenses...

Did not know that! Now you doubled my expenses...
Why are you changing the battery?
Have you checked the voltage of both batteries?
Have you checked if the 75/100amp cube fuse on the rear Leisure Battery has blown?

Just checked the battery under driverseat, had 12,6 V . Then i checked the fuses, nothing broken there... Then i looked into the control panel, it wass showing a flikkering G symbol, went into display settings , returnedd to normal display and the problem is solved! Now the displays says 100% and with the engine running charging 5 amps.
I don't know how but i'm happy!
Thanks to all helping thinking!

Just checked the battery under driverseat, had 12,6 V . Then i checked the fuses, nothing broken there... Then i looked into the control panel, it wass showing a flikkering G symbol, went into display settings , returnedd to normal display and the problem is solved! Now the displays says 100% and with the engine running charging 5 amps.
I don't know how but i'm happy!
Thanks to all helping thinking!
Glad your sorted, and now you know about the 2nd Leisure Battery. :thumb