• Leaks from the zippers/seams only

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars and the base joints

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars and the zippers/seams

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars, zipper/seams and base joints

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Leaks from somewhere else not covered in the other options (please add detail to the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New bellows due to be fitted / awaiting test (option can be changed)

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Leaks from the base joints and the zippers/seams

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a requirement for manufacturers to provide a technical note to explain part updates when there has been a fault? Or will we forever be speculating and reliant on the (at best) inconsistent or (at worst) willingly misleading information from dealers and VW customer service?
No requirement unfortunately. It appears nobody in the UK even working for VW are being let in on what’s happening let alone the customers

Apparently single skinned MY22 had 02S, double skinned was as we all know 03S (with new part number) and now 04S has materialized, although the part number remains the same.
That’s a significant development indicating that some work has actually been done to resolve the issue. If I remember correctly the early T6.1s had a T6 style fabric which then changed to a slightly thicker one (02S). I wonder if the early ones were 01S. If so the change in numbering could indicate a potential fabric change.

Not sure what the Person number actually means though…

The shift from 03S to 04S means a generational change per the tag. This is the best indicator so far that VW may have done something meaningful to address the leak issue.

The shift from 03S to 04S means a generational change per the tag. This is the best indicator so far that VW may have done something meaningful to address the leak issue.
Totally agree. Potentially means a new fabric, although you may need to see them side by side to notice a difference.

Totally agree. Potentially means a new fabric, although you may need to see them side by side to notice a difference.
I am waiting with baited breath for the feedback from that owner on Calibord.

Mine was built week before last, but I'm not sure that means they used the 04S bellows or not. I'm wondering whether it'd be worth emailing the dealer before I collect and ask them first or whether this is a pointless?

Mine was built week before last, but I'm not sure that means they used the 04S bellows or not. I'm wondering whether it'd be worth emailing the dealer before I collect and ask them first or whether this is a pointless?
Without additional info I would be insisting that only 04S bellows are installed, unless you don't mind going back for a repeat performance. Too many are on their 4th and 5th 03S bellows not to be proactive here.

Make sure the tag is still attached in the van when you pick it up, and tell the dealer in writing not to remove it before it is delivered to them. You will then know for sure if you need a bellows change. I’m sure more 04S details will materialise soon.

Make sure the tag is still attached in the van when you pick it up, and tell the dealer in writing not to remove it before it is delivered to them. You will then know for sure if you need a bellows change. I’m sure more 04S details will materialise soon.
Many thanks for the guidance, do they generally remove these tags as part of the PDI?

No, not a standard PDI action, both my vans bought 6 years apart and from different dealers had the QC tag attached.

Many thanks for the guidance, do they generally remove these tags as part of the PDI?
I guess it depends on the dealer. I know Eurovans left them in place but not sure if they still do that given the current circumstances.

@Jimmylondon07 Have you had your Cali back from the dealers yet, I was just wondering if yours are now sorted?
Had a surprise knock at the door today, it was a driver from Eurovans bringing my van back. Was in there for 27 days in the end, not bad.

Arrived back with what appears to be a puncture in the front right tyre, some light scuffs on my awning and my new bellows have an 03S tag. Wonderful stuff.

Fabric doesn't look any different to me.

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

Last edited:
Arrived back with what appears to be a puncture in the front right tyre, some light scuffs on my awning and my new bellows have an 03S tag. Wonderful stuff.

Good going EV. Going the extra mile as they say.
It was probably a bit too early to get the 04S bellows in the UK. I would expect any bellows being fitted from now on to be 04S.

Had a call today with VW EO where I was told VW Technical are saying that the new bellows have additional foam tape incorporated into the seams at the bottom of windows, and "have undergone an additional treatment during manufacturing" - which EO was interpreting as a waterproofing treatment. EO had no info on 03S vs 04S. Fab(sil)!

Last edited:
Had a surprise knock at the door today, it was a driver from Eurovans bringing my van back. Was in there for 27 days in the end, not bad.

View attachment 116586

View attachment 116587

View attachment 116590
Late September dates bellows are already confirmed to leak.

Did they actually drive it all the way to your house with a low pressure warning flashing on the dash?

I’m on my 3rd set of bellows. The original leaked. The replacement 03S leaked. Now on the 04S.

I didn’t take any pictures of the 03S seams before removed. These are the new 04S…is the black material a taped seam - or same on 03S?

IMG_5358.jpeg

I’m on my 3rd set of bellows. The original leaked. The replacement 03S leaked. Now on the 04S.

I didn’t take any pictures of the 03S seams before removed. These are the new 04S…is the black material a taped seam - or same on 03S?

View attachment 116710
Encouraging. Can you send pics of other seams? From memory the construction of the zipper looks different to the 03S. If true this is great news as my leaks started along that seam. I can't see the application of chemical sealant either. Another good sign.
Time to get it wet and report back.

Seems to be zipped seams only (window and pano opening). I can’t see the seams for the support struts when folding have any tape.

I will try to get it wet This week while in wales

IMG_5362.jpeg
IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

Last edited:
What about the seams along the base of the windows? That’s where a lot of leaking seems to happen. Any chance of a photo of the tag too please?

What about the seams along the base of the windows? That’s where a lot of leaking seems to happen. Any chance of a photo of the tag too please?
The second pic above is from underneath the front window. You can see the black taped seam which is the base of the front window.

IMG_5364.png

Then in the same pic you can see the front support strut with no seam.

Tag pic

IMG_5365.jpeg

The second pic above is from underneath the front window. You can see the black taped seam which is the base of the front window.

View attachment 116715
I’m sure the 03S had something black in the lower seam but do not have any closeup photos. Is it actually glued to the fabric?

Back