• Leaks from the zippers/seams only

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars and the base joints

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars and the zippers/seams

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Leaks from the horizontal bars, zipper/seams and base joints

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Leaks from somewhere else not covered in the other options (please add detail to the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New bellows due to be fitted / awaiting test (option can be changed)

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Leaks from the base joints and the zippers/seams

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
OK, so there is a lot of info floating around on this already, this is an attempt to glean the latest information to understand the picture. Please only add to the poll if you've had a new bellows fitted to your California since October 2023 as these are supposed to be the "new ones". Any prior to this date may or may not be the latest, so please refrain so these results reflect what has been tooted as "the fix".

The results can be changed, so if you select one option now, you can change it at a later date. I've also included an option to cover those awaiting install/testing so those are people who definitely have the "new" bellows installed / being installed, but are uncertain of the results yet. This gives us an indication of the bigger picture of replacements (of those members of the forum anyway).

Can you put the link to the original survey up. I need to change my answer.

added ours as we are waiting for a dealer test but it might be good to have that as a separate item as you won’t capture the leak location data if we use that button

added ours as we are waiting for a dealer test but it might be good to have that as a separate item as you won’t capture the leak location data if we use that button
The idea was once you’ve established a leak (or not), you move your vote to the corresponding choice. The awaiting test category is just to capture the full extend of bellows out there that are repaired or actively pending repair

Am I understanding it right that the new, new bellows have a 100% failure rate so far?

Amazed that 7 people in this forum have had new bellows fitted in the past 3 weeks.

Amazed that 7 people in this forum have had new bellows fitted in the past 3 weeks.
7 people who are looking actively and have seen this thread . . . not necessarily representative

I’m getting extremely concerned now! We have ordered our Cali and have been given build week 45 I sincerely hope that this bellows situation is sorted before our Cali is produced! We have opted for the Glacier Blue bellows on a Candy White Ocean Can’t wait but this is worrying!

Please only add to the poll if you've had a new bellows fitted to your California since October 2023 as these are supposed to be the "new ones". Any prior to this date may or may not be the latest, so please refrain so these results reflect what has been tooted as "the fix".[/B]
I don't believe that all 7 votes are neccesarily new since October bellows.
We havnt had 7 people in the discussions saying that they have had new bellows yet, let alone 7 since the latest release.

7 people who are looking actively and have seen this thread . . . not necessarily representative
Or accurate, I'm afraid. People have voted regardless of October 23 cut off. Appreciate it will be good to know the outcome with the new batch, but we'll need to wait best part of a year for enough to get fitted and get tested properly.

Or accurate, I'm afraid. People have voted regardless of October 23 cut off. Appreciate it will be good to know the outcome with the new batch, but we'll need to wait best part of a year for enough to get fitted and get tested properly.
I doubt it will be that long. Testing is not rocket science. Just aim a hose or lift the poptop when it rains.

I’m getting extremely concerned now! We have ordered our Cali and have been given build week 45 I sincerely hope that this bellows situation is sorted before our Cali is produced! We have opted for the Glacier Blue bellows on a Candy White Ocean Can’t wait but this is worrying!
Likewise! Picking up next week. Questioning my life choices

I doubt it will be that long. Testing is not rocket science. Just aim a hose or lift the poptop when it rains.
These are not design for direct horizontal rain. In my experience of these vehicles you are best to have the rear of the van pointing into the wind and in really heavy rain either having a cover over or putting roof down. There are few tents that are completely waterproof in this world so why expect it of these roofs? .

These are not design for direct horizontal rain. In my experience of these vehicles you are best to have the rear of the van pointing into the wind and in really heavy rain either having a cover over or putting roof down. There are few tents that are completely waterproof in this world so why expect it of these roofs? .
There's a massive difference between being able to cope with a full monsoon and typical UK weather. The former, yes, I would suggest the roof is not designed for and you would likely drop it due to the wind anyway. The rain, however, it should be able to handle non-extreme weather; all of us with leaking bellows have experienced leaks in sometimes at worst "typical" rain, in some cases light rain. That is definitely not fit for purpose.

I'd also suggest actually that even an inexpensive modern tent will easily handle the sort of weather our Calis are failing in, but the Cali is hardly an inexpensive product . . . .

There are few tents that are completely waterproof in this world so why expect it of these roofs? .

Simple answer - because up until October 2022 99% of the van roofs were 99% waterproof, there were a few people with leaks but it was the exception rather than the rule. Thats why I would expect a new van to have a waterproof roof.

OK, so there is a lot of info floating around on this already, this is an attempt to glean the latest information to understand the picture. Please only add to the poll if you've had a new bellows fitted to your California since October 2023 as these are supposed to be the "new ones". Any prior to this date may or may not be the latest, so please refrain so these results reflect what has been tooted as "the fix".

The results can be changed, so if you select one option now, you can change it at a later date. I've also included an option to cover those awaiting install/testing so those are people who definitely have the "new" bellows installed / being installed, but are uncertain of the results yet. This gives us an indication of the bigger picture of replacements (of those members of the forum anyway).
My new bellows are batch dated 20/09/2023 and were fitted yesterday - 10/10/2023. No water test done to date. (Not even by the dealer - I was asked to "monitor" the situation). I will try and carry out some kind of water test tomorrow as the weather looks reasonable. Anyway, do I class my fitting of the bellows a "since October" or not?

My new bellows are batch dated 20/09/2023 and were fitted yesterday - 10/10/2023. No water test done to date. (Not even by the dealer - I was asked to "monitor" the situation). I will try and carry out some kind of water test tomorrow as the weather looks reasonable. Anyway, do I class my fitting of the bellows a "since October" or not?
Your new one is the most recent I have come across. I think your rain test results will be very valid. Any noticeable visual differences eg thread, stitching at seams, sealant (applied or stitched barrier)?

I would say so; the cut-off date relates to when stock entered the UK rather than manufacture date.

My annexe was waterproof whilst it was raining moderately, my Cali was not.

Back