Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen worktop edge spray / repair?

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking at a used T6 Cali that has a few areas of damage / scratches.

Has anyone ever repaired / sprayed the kitchen edge as pictured below? There are scratches and the paint(?) has worn.

(Not the kitchen in question obviously)

Ideally they would need to be rubbed down and sprayed but just not sure how possible and who would do it.

IMG_0381.jpeg

For the cost vs hassle I’d just replace the parts personally.

For the cost vs hassle I’d just replace the parts personally.

Split kitchen work top (2 separate pieces) & fridge lid.

Can’t imagine those 3 parts would be cheap?

Last edited:

Can’t imagine both of those would be cheap?
No idea but for for a day or two’s labour (my time) I’d prefer to just get new ones and use my time eleswhere. Be worth hunting down the parts sheet - you may be surprised that you can buy some of the parts seperate. It’s hard to see from your pic what needs replacing tbh.

No idea but for for a day or two’s labour (my time) I’d prefer to just get new ones and use my time eleswhere. Be worth hunting down the parts sheet - you may be surprised that you can buy some of the parts seperate. It’s hard to see from your pic what needs replacing tbh.

These 3 pieces. The damaged areas are the silver edges.

IMG_0382.jpeg

Can’t imagine those 3 parts would be cheap?
My guess would be they would cost a small fortune! If it’s that bad that you can’t live with it, then I’d be looking at getting a price for the edges to be wrapped. Looking at some old posts from around 2019 the price for the single double top alone was around £250 + vat.

Last edited:
I’m guessing the edges are glued to the glass. The plastic edges come off so you can see I think.
So you would remove the whole lids with bolts at the back. A bit of masking tape and some silver spray paint should work. I would practice spraying something else first. Seems a reasonable idea.

If it’s paint then you could try a aluminium coloured wrap from pixer or similar, fiddly though.

If it’s solid aluminium, which is what I thought it was. You could sand it back with wet and dry papers. Abrasive pads go from about 120, very rough, to about 12,000 grit for polishing varnishes. Again, unless you can remove them it would be very fiddly.

Anyone have any luck with this ?
It’s definitely paint and the same on the cupboard doors etc.

Anyone have any luck with this ?
It’s definitely paint and the same on the cupboard doors etc.

In my old cali we had the worktop edges sprayed. Ended up looking great!

It was done by a smart repair guy, but honestly pretty easy to yourself I reckon. He didn’t do much prep. Just masked off and sprayed.

Not posted for many a day as sold our last Cali in 2015. However I still visit on a regular basis as a guest.

Back to the question we are now Nugget owners and have a silver trim around our kitchen area which I damaged in the first two weeks of ownership. We investigated smart repairs etc but in the end had it wrapped. Fantastic job and cost was £200.

In my old cali we had the worktop edges sprayed. Ended up looking great!

It was done by a smart repair guy, but honestly pretty easy to yourself I reckon. He didn’t do much prep. Just masked off and sprayed.
Thank you. Matching the paint is the hard part…those guys are really good at that…keep blending till they are happy.

I on the other hand will buy one can and hope for the best, so any suggestions welcomed !
The VW paint code would be ideal.

Back