Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is 10 days at Emden normal?

MichaelB

MichaelB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Our new pride and joy was a build week 35 (28 August) and it has been stuck in the port of departure, Emden, for 10 days now? I thought a week was the normal time. I know ten days is not that long but it just seems forever when you are waiting for a California.

Any other build week 35s out there? Has your got to the dealer yet? Is this just the September peak? Should I take a sedative?

Greenpeace stopped a Volkswagen ship with over 1200 cars for the UK, from landing it cargo on 21st sept, and keys from Volkswagen vehicles been held in a compound were removed so cars could not be moved.

As above. VW are having greenpeace problems.

Personally I think Greenpeace could find better things to protest about but sadly they are an organisation that I became seriously disillusioned with years ago.

I think putting pressure on Governments and car companies to phase out petrochemicals is a good thing. Putting lives at risk over 1200 of the cleanest versions of diesel vehicles when they are not the prime cause of the issue of clear air is misguided.

Fortunately our Cali is coming in via Grimsby not Sheerness so not directly affected by their actions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

why don't they concentrate on managed motorways. speed humps. train fares. traffic lights on red at 3 am. and other stuff that actually increase pollution
Spot on Banana man.... Why in this day and age are lights on red when I get there and theres no one at the other junctions?? Either programme better or put a roundabout in..

funny how on the m1 with 4 lanes and 50mph speed limit flashing that it causes heavy traffic then further on it goes to 3 lanes and 70 mph without cameras and guess what? the traffic clears. dicks

funny how on the m1 with 4 lanes and 50mph speed limit flashing that it causes heavy traffic then further on it goes to 3 lanes and 70 mph without cameras and guess what? the traffic clears. dicks
The managed sections of the M25 have measurably improved traffic flow, but only seems to work for speeds 40 - 60 mph. Safer, faster, cleaner. Greenpeace should be campaigning for quicker rollout.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Our new pride and joy was a build week 35 (28 August) and it has been stuck in the port of departure, Emden, for 10 days now? I thought a week was the normal time. I know ten days is not that long but it just seems forever when you are waiting for a California.

Any other build week 35s out there? Has your got to the dealer yet? Is this just the September peak? Should I take a sedative?
How do buyers get this information? Is it just contact with the dealer or are you able to track things somehow?

How do buyers get this information? Is it just contact with the dealer or are you able to track things somehow?
Yep we're week 39 so would love to track the progress....
I'm told by the dealer you can't only passenger cars can be tracked?

Another ill-informed dealer. Just phone VWCS with your order number. They'll happily give you an update of your vehicle's status.

This guy seems pretty clued up on his calis,I actually asked for my order number so I could track its progress and the reply was you can only track passenger cars ???
At that point I felt like I was being a pain in the arse so didn't ask for my order number again

This guy seems pretty clued up on his calis,I actually asked for my order number so I could track its progress and the reply was you can only track passenger cars ???
Half true - you cannot track your order process online with your order number of your Cali, only by phoning VWCS.

I used the text service on the VWCV website. Spoke to them a lot and they were always very helpful. The operate until 10pm as well making getting an update very convenient and without the "why are you wasting my time" undertones you get from some dealers.

Once your Cali is at Emden you can track ships leaving port using www.marinetraffic.com This does require a level of obsession above that which is healthy but it is quite interesting seeing how many boats leave Emden for the uk.

Thank you Michael.
I did a similar thing when I ordered my 3 series some years back but do not remember how I knew to track the right ship. I remember being a bit frustrated at watching it float right on by some closer ports to go north before coming south again via land. :talktothehand

Our Cali reached Emden on 16 March but didn't arrive at the importer compound until the beginning of April - Greenpeace can't get the blame for that one. Our dealer told us a long wait wasn't unusual - it had just missed one shipment and was awaiting the next.

Do they all go to the same compound once in the UK?

Do they all go to the same compound once in the UK?
No. There are a number largely based on dealer location. I know they use Sheerness and Grimsby but I think there are others.

No. There are a number largely based on dealer location. I know they use Sheerness and Grimsby but I think there are others.

A timely reply as it happens thank you Michael.
I have just spoken with my Dealer and they use Shearness but sometimes thats full (not quite sure what goods make it full) and then they end up with Grimsby on those occasions.

A timely reply as it happens thank you Michael.
I have just spoken with my Dealer and they use Shearness but sometimes thats full (not quite sure what goods make it full) and then they end up with Grimsby on those occasions.
That is what has happened to me. Now waiting to hear when it will be shipped down south. That wait is killing me.

That is what has happened to me. Now waiting to hear when it will be shipped down south. That wait is killing me.

Accchhhh
What a nuisance.

But just so long as its safe and sound alls well huh.

Half true - you cannot track your order process online with your order number of your Cali, only by phoning VWCS.

Cheers tom
Called the van center today,I spoke to admin and got my order number,
with that I did what you said and sure enough they were able to track the progress.vwcs are fab eager to please and very helpful.my van is due to go into build this week it was down as week 39 but apparently there has been a slight delay in the factory
Thanks again tom.

Back