Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build date fiasco from VW

So it sounds like the backlog is now being cleared. SMG Tonbridge told me today that my 24.09.20 order is being built next week. They said delivery in four weeks.
They also confirmed VWs decision to halt all other manufacturing to concentrate on clearing customer orders first.
I haven’t been made aware of any weight issues either, even though mine is a 204 4motion with tow bar, 80l tank etc.
It sounds like the long wait is finally over!!
Now we just need the lockdown to ease up a bit.

So it sounds like the backlog is now being cleared. SMG Tonbridge told me today that my 24.09.20 order is being built next week. They said delivery in four weeks.
They also confirmed VWs decision to halt all other manufacturing to concentrate on clearing customer orders first.
I haven’t been made aware of any weight issues either, even though mine is a 204 4motion with tow bar, 80l tank etc.
It sounds like the long wait is finally over!!
Now we just need the lockdown to ease up a bit.
Good luck hope all goes well with yours, mine due for build next week also.

Good luck hope all goes well with yours, mine due for build next week also.
Brilliant, has your dealer said when you will likely be able to pick yours up? Perfect time for the new plate change and to hopefully catch the first season of travel.

Brilliant, has your dealer said when you will likely be able to pick yours up? Perfect time for the new plate change and to hopefully catch the first season of travel.
We are guessing late March, gives me time to sort the gas and the detailing. I'm already booked for sites from May till end of September, hopefully we be all in a better place.

Back