Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California Build date

R

Rikmac

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi
Ordered our new California on the 29th March and had the order excepted by the factory on the 7th April ....but no build date yet.
Any ideas of how long it could be before a build week is allocated ?

Hi
Ordered our new California on the 29th March and had the order excepted by the factory on the 7th April ....but no build date yet.
Any ideas of how long it could be before a build week is allocated ?
My 150 Ocean was ordered 8 October and I now have a build month of June. No build week yet. This thread is helpful, as is a massive injection of patience. You are unlikely to hear very much of comfort from your dealer, who seem to be divorced from the factory, occasionally receiving a new ‘list’. Covid and perhaps suez have caused delays, coupled with a massive increase in demand...

My 150 Ocean was ordered 8 October and I now have a build month of June. No build week yet. This thread is helpful, as is a massive injection of patience. You are unlikely to hear very much of comfort from your dealer, who seem to be divorced from the factory, occasionally receiving a new ‘list’. Covid and perhaps suez have caused delays, coupled with a massive increase in demand...
As well as a worldwide shortage of semi conductors used in control panels and ECU's (to name a couple of uses).

As well as a worldwide shortage of semi conductors used in control panels and ECU's (to name a couple of uses).
Yes, which are I suppose is covid related?
But all these factors don't explain why Coasts are coming through much quicker...

Wish mine was. :sorry
Ahh, yes I see you ordered end of November. Not much rhyme or reason then, but I haven't seen many Oceans ordered after mine being delivered yet, though I have seen a few Coasts

Yes, which are I suppose is covid related?
But all these factors don't explain why Coasts are coming through much quicker...
I'm guessing here but as a manufacturing company I guess they are operating a priority/economies of scale policy. In other words they have more orders for Coasts than Oceans and consequently can be more efficient producing the Coasts = Higher Profits. Normal behaviour for any manufacturing company.

Back