Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

In shock and very sad …

All camper in this class is registred as a car, not a camper, on the certificate in Denmark. also i can find 6 for sale.

All camper in this class is registred as a car, not a camper, on the certificate in Denmark. also i can find 6 for sale.

Aha thank you, good to know. Please provide me links to the cars for sale. I can only see two T5 facelift. The others are much older T5's if I am not mistaken.

dk.automobile.dk
bilbasen.dk
bilsalg.dk
bilzonen.dk
google
dba
forgot the other

dk.automobile.dk
bilbasen.dk
bilsalg.dk
bilzonen.dk
google
dba
forgot the other

Thank you @morfar. I know all the sites well, bilsalg.dk is a professional auctionsite only for dealers. But I still can only find two facelifted T5. The other Calis for sale are from 2007 and beyond, and of no interest for us. But thank you for your effort.

HAHA … yes! Cars and Denmark is not quite such an attractive combo.
Government is trying to improve ecology this way.
So people who can't afford a new Euro6 car with 150% tax buy some 1990 volvos that polute air like x10 SUVs ;)
Last couple of times I visited was impressed how many old cars there.

Hej Kmann

Sørgelig læsning - men trods alt godt at der kun var materiel skade!

Hvis du får mulighed for at købe en anden bil så vælg din drømmebil. Gå efter guldet - du skal have glæde af den i mange år...

Du kan leje en Cali i tyskland til sommerferien, det gjorde vi i 2013 hos mcrent - glimrende service og bil - https://www.mcrent.de/

Sorry all, my answar is in Danish - i´m advocating for the long wait and renting for the summerholiday

Mange venlige hilsner
Henrik / hejh2o

@hejh2o thank you for the support. Going for the dreamer and renting for the summer is sure in my consideration. I am also searching for possible importable cars in Germany.

But for now I am still stuck in insurance limbo – today 15 days has passed, without any settlement. The damages is still to be calculated (still with a change they want to rebuild). No police report, no loan car. nothing.

I spend so much time, phonically, effort and energy on this accident, just because someone did not pay attention to his driving. Frustrating it is!

@hejh2o thank you for the support. Going for the dreamer and renting for the summer is sure in my consideration. I am also searching for possible importable cars in Germany.

But for now I am still stuck in insurance limbo – today 15 days has passed, without any settlement. The damages is still to be calculated (still with a change they want to rebuild). No police report, no loan car. nothing.

I spend so much time, phonically, effort and energy on this accident, just because someone did not pay attention to his driving. Frustrating it is!

Oh that sounds annoying - totally! Hope you have some great support around you (family&friends). Have you got a timeline for the next steps? or is this missing as well? I keep my fingers crossed!

I was hoping insurance moved more quickly in Copenhagen than it does in the UK but it sounds the same sadly.

When my partners camper was stolen (and crashed), it sat in a police compound for 3 weeks with a window still taken out. Getting rained on and such. Then the recovery company used a forklift and damaged it further. It was all a right nightmare.

Once the insurance got involved it was around 2 months before we got any progress. We hoped it would be fixed but feared it might not because it was old. We always found though that the assessor of campers was a little more aware of what they are and a little more supportive of the owner. Hope you find the same and get resolution soon.

I know exactly how you feel. Dealing with the aftermath of no fault accident that wrote off my car a few years ago became an all encompasing project. Indeed I found that I had to tackle it in exactly the same way I would a major project at work. Trust no-one and do everything yourself. At least my vehicle was only the car I used for work which was easily replaced (although at my cost for six months) . It must be so much more frustrating when the Cali is part of your lifestyle.

My advice would be to seek your own legal advice about what you can reasonably claim for inconvenience / loss of use of your vehicle. Do not trust the claims handling companies who claim to represent you but just want a quick settlement .

I wish you well in achieving an acceptable outcome.

The horror continues. Sitting here to early – I can not sleep, need to write this.

Yesterday we finaly settled with our insurance. The car is beyond repair. So we accepted a fair amount to let go of the car. They even accepted to take in the bikerack, even though it was not on the car thru the accident. We are very happy about that, and for a short time we thought time was ripe to move on.

But, because the police still did not finish their report. And because the fellow that run the red light and hit us – and tried to flee twice, still have not made contact to his insurance, we are totally stuck! We are not able to get the payment from the insurance. Or anything else for that matter.

The opponents insurance is not very helpfull. They state that their party will get 4 weeks to make contact. If not by then, they will write a letter and wait for another 14 days.

The police again promised they would finish the report – maybe this coming week. They still need to make an interview with the other fellow, us and other witnesses. And then the report still has to get trough their quality control department, wish takes no-one knows how long time.

So we are caught in this. Still no loan car, no help for treatments or anything else for that matter – nothing!

Besides the whole family had to take rest from our work the week after the accident, and all are still very influenced in many ways. We have missed now the third weekend away in the car – with summer-like weather here in DK, the many hours spend so far, and like tonight – many sleepless hours of uncertainty. It is now really setting its mark. How will it all end. Must admit I am really tired of this now, and could not in my wildest dreams imagine this situation, when we crawled out of the wreck almost 3 weeks ago.

I have spend quite some time looking for a new car, but the whole excitement I had with the old car. Our first Cali ever, and dream for several years come thru feeling – is gone. I am at the point where I almost feel ill thinking of it. That is almost the worst thing, loosing this in whole. I keep convincing myself that it will all come back the day we drive towards adventures in our new cali.

If you pin it down, its all because of one lad, not paying attention to his driving. And is not man enough to stand up for his actions.

I know exactly how you feel. Dealing with the aftermath of no fault accident that wrote off my car a few years ago became an all encompasing project. Indeed I found that I had to tackle it in exactly the same way I would a major project at work. Trust no-one and do everything yourself. At least my vehicle was only the car I used for work which was easily replaced (although at my cost for six months) . It must be so much more frustrating when the Cali is part of your lifestyle.

My advice would be to seek your own legal advice about what you can reasonably claim for inconvenience / loss of use of your vehicle. Do not trust the claims handling companies who claim to represent you but just want a quick settlement .

I wish you well in achieving an acceptable outcome.

Sounds horrible! But as I here sadly we are many experiencing things like that. I can accept a deal of inconvenience. That is part of living in a community interacting with other individuals. You do it for god and bad. But enough is enough.

Yesterday I actually took first step to seek legal advice. And I am almost certain that I will move on with it - at least for the claim on loss and inconvenience.

Besides my job, I run a business selling kitesurf equipment, and one of my marks is to do demos and being present on the beach. I just missed 10 days in a row with summer-like conditions and wind. And besides loss of income, more important there is the whole mental and physical part. I know several people that never got compensation for whiplash. I seems the insurance and claim system is professionally working against you to save their money.

Very bad for you , your family and your bussines .
Can not imagine what must go thru your head , seems the incurance is playing games on you.

Oke , it is all becose one lad not paying attention on his driving , but think that he ( let's assume) did not intented to make an accident.
We all take part in (this sometimes like hell) traffic and accidents can happen at any time any place any verhicle.
You where unlucky to be in that accident but lucky to come out unharmed , remember that!

Knock on wood , i myself , never been in accidents with more than just some scratches and bumps....
Incurance in the end all are doing everything to not pay , or pay as less posible as late possible!
Try to make the best out of it :thumb

Very bad for you , your family and your bussines .
Can not imagine what must go thru your head , seems the incurance is playing games on you.

Oke , it is all becose one lad not paying attention on his driving , but think that he ( let's assume) did not intented to make an accident.
We all take part in (this sometimes like hell) traffic and accidents can happen at any time any place any verhicle.
You where unlucky to be in that accident but lucky to come out unharmed , remember that!

Knock on wood , i myself , never been in accidents with more than just some scratches and bumps....
Incurance in the end all are doing everything to not pay , or pay as less posible as late possible!
Try to make the best out of it :thumb

You are right.

We are very happy not to be harmed worse. After all, it just replaceable stuff bought with hard earned money ;-)

I for sure hope he did not hit us on purpose. My point was just to underline how fast things can change, and often your actions involves others. That I am a bit pissed on this particular fellow is based on the whole way he has behaved.

He hit us, and drove away. Hiding his car coming back by foot just to pick up his licensplate, just to take off again. As I ran after him an confronted him the was no anger or concern what so ever. And the aftermath as described …

In summer 2012 our first big trip in our brand new Cali to France we visited Alpes-Duez for some hiking .
My wife jumped from a rock about 1,5 m high , broke her foot and underleg in four places .
Helicopter had to come to evacuate her from above 2000m to Grenoble hospital
Had to stay there a week , me in the parkinglot in the Cali few nights than had to leave her there cause i needed to go home to work. she came home week later by medic airplaine and ambulance to doorstep in a wheelchair.
She could not stand up for few months ,than a wheelchair for some time , and still has some pins in the foot for the rest off her life not able to "run" ...walking still hurts.
All just happend in the blink off an eye

Life can be cruell.

Last edited:
A small update.

We are all back in our normal daily lifes, wife and daughter still suffering some back and neck pains.

Despite the Police report is still not finished, my insurance decided to cover the car – so we agreed on a fair amount, and they even decided to cover the bikerack, even it was not on the car. So now we can get a little further.

We have spend time doing a lot of thinking. Should we go got the dream car and wait 6 month? I Would then prefer to wait until next spring then. Or should we try to import one to move on with the summer plans?

In fact it has been a lot harder to loose the Cali as we expected. We were looking so much forward to go on our first trip, and even if we agreed on just finding an alternative, it had been almost impossible to leave the first plan … sure you know why ;-)

And I have really had a time to get my first enthusiasm again. Not that I am unsure that it is the car for us, but It has really hit me that the car we had dreams about for so long were lost. But I am getting there slowly ;-)

I found a OCEAN 102 at a local VW, it is new and has only been used for display and a fair. But it still has made its tow. And it is not configured fully as we liked, but the extras it has, is thing we would have chosen, so lets say its a 90%'er, but also 30.000 € cheeper than the dreamer. And it can be delivered now.

We have decided to go with that - it they can make it shine again. And If we keep rolling, we can upgrade in a few years.

So now the dealer is about to clean the car. And fixing small scratches and the window in the side door had a small crack, so it has to be changed. All in all we are going to have a look on the refreshed car later this week, and if we find all fine, its ours!

Updates to come!

PS: In Denmark the T6 options are COAST and OCEAN. The BEACH is not on the marked. But the two other models are with the full new engine program 102, 150, 204.

I have tried the new 102, because I was a little worried about the size. But It was a lot more dynamic and power than the 115 we lost. I was told the new trend goes towards downscaling the engine and enhancing the turbo and injection tech.

Morning .
Many thanks for the update.
Sounds like a good plan. Great to have a summer with a van to help you all move on.
Good to hear you are all slowly recovering.
Here's hoping for a shiny Cali .

Nice to hear , think even if it not has all the options you wanted it still is good your back in buissnes....:thumb

Today we finally went to inspect the new Cali. They forgot to change the curtain in the left side front and the backcover on the backseats. But hey! They fix it, and then they give the car a SUVO anti rust treat as earlier agreed.

That means the car IS OURS, to pick up next week … starting to get all excited again. Though I've lost it, but its a sunny 29 degrees in Copenhagen, and a new – a brand new – cali is about to arrive! Whats not to like. Guess I am in for a cold one on the terrasse right now!

So happy!

PS: Yes, yes, forgot to bring my phone - how could I … pics next time ;-)

Congratulations. I am very pleased for you. Your new Cali sounds really lovely. Photographs please.
I hope that you and your family are now able to put what has happened behind you and start enjoying adventures in your new Cali again.

Back