Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Phew!

This afternoon we were hit by a car. His was overseeing his read light and hit us with great force. Most important – we are all safe! Chocked and bruised. And reminded how vulnerable life is.

But our Cali made an almost complete roll, and is totally ruined and will most likely not be a car again.

We are so sad. Our dream car, our holiday plans are gone for now. We have been dreaming for 3 years about to having a Cali, and I am sure you all understand how sad it is. The car is growing like a home on you, and is not just a car.

For now it seems it will be a long waiting for a new California, all reserved for 2016 are already sold out.

Tomorrow I will call the insurance and my dealer, to get a grib of what to do.

IMG_3704.JPG IMG_3706.JPGIMG_3707.JPG IMG_3709.JPGIMG_3710.JPG IMG_3711.JPGIMG_3712.JPG

Very, very upsetting for you, glad you are all fine. Best wishes.

Glad you and your passengers came out OK.
Very sad news indeed for future plans in the coming summer.

May i say , not to offence you, but it seems a example of how good the Cali is built! You say you rolled over?
All the way round?
Seems (ok probally total loss but...) that the body took the hit well...
Did al the airbags came on? Guess so
Again very sad news for you , we do not hear much on Cali's having accidents.
Recent a member got hit from behond pretty bad also total loss i think it was.

Make the best out of it and do let yorself checked by a docter you never know ...

All OK after the accident is a good result,
but what a shame re your your lovely Cali

det er næsten ikke til at bære at se en cali sådan, godt i ikke kom noget til:thumb

Just dreadful. So pleased you are all ok.
Gutted about your Cali.

It seems the cali hold up to it well. I guess the oncoming car where travelling at a high speed when it hit you.

What a nightmare. Glad you all came out okay.

I hope you won't face an insurance nightmare now and you still can recover some undamaged accessories.

Goodness I just feel for you.

A shock, a relief that all are ok, then your beautiful home on wheels so damaged...

My thoughts with you this morning, at least you are all ok, metal can be replaced, human lives cannot, but still what an awful shock and loss for you.

So sorry to hear of your accident but I'm glad you are all OK.

Terrible news and I really feel for you all, the main thing is you are all safe and well. I am sure you will be able to sort something out for your holiday, a replacement vehicle through the insurance company for example.

Glad to hear you are okay, you must have been really shaken up. I am sure a new Cali will be great but a real shame your holiday plans are disrupted

Hello Kmann,
I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Thank goodness that you are all OK.
Whilst you are obviously very sad about what's happened to your Cali at least you can take comfort from knowing that it really did a good job of looking after you all through out this very serious incident.
I hope that you are able to get an acceptable replacement soon and carry on with your plans.

Last edited:
Gutted but as they say, it is always a good crash that you can walk away from. Here is hoping that you are back camping very soon.

The other drivers insurance company should also be held accountable for finding a replacement vehicle of a similar type and specification... so hopefully you will be back in a Cali soon - even if it is a temporary replacement whilst you wait for the permanent replacement.

I'm so sorry to read (and see) this. As others have said, it is most important that you are all safe and the Cali did a good job of protecting you from the impact, but I can understand how devastated you must feel. I do hope VW are able to source a replacement for you soon.

Really sorry, what can one say except echo the comments above that you are OK. It still looks a handsome van even on it's side and amazing how it has withstood the impact. I don't think a Mercedes Vito or Transit would have taken it so well.

I hope your replacement van arrives quickly.

What a terrible experience this must have been. So glad you are all safe.

Devastating for your holiday plans, but absolute joy that you are all physically unhurt. I hope your psychological distress is soon settled when you get the insurance sorted and you can then start planning your holidays again, hopefully in a new California.
Good luck

I can't imagine what you are going through and can only repeat the good wishes that everyone has sent you.
One of the less spoken about features of a Cali is it safety cell.
A speedy recovery from your trauma and I hope you replace your Cali.

Phew!

This afternoon we were hit by a car. His was overseeing his read light and hit us with great force. Most important – we are all safe! Chocked and bruised. And reminded how vulnerable life is.

But our Cali made an almost complete roll, and is totally ruined and will most likely not be a car again.

We are so sad. Our dream car, our holiday plans are gone for now. We have been dreaming for 3 years about to having a Cali, and I am sure you all understand how sad it is. The car is growing like a home on you, and is not just a car.

For now it seems it will be a long waiting for a new California, all reserved for 2016 are already sold out.

Tomorrow I will call the insurance and my dealer, to get a grib of what to do.

View attachment 13509 View attachment 13510View attachment 13511 View attachment 13512View attachment 13513 View attachment 13514View attachment 13515
Very sorry to hear. Wishing you all the best.

Thankfully you are all ok. Good luck with your insurance company. Hopefully they will be able to find you a temporary replacement. Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Back