Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I'm in love!

Regarding hiring before you buy.......

If you are coming out of a T4 Westfalia Cali into a T5 VW Cali, then you know what you doing and probably just need a test drive(s) to see if you want 140hp or 180, manual or dsg.

If however, you are coming out of a tent, or luxury b&b, or a motor home, then I think hiring is very worth the effort.
Even more so if you need the agreement of 'the other half' that this is good use of £40k+.

There are lots of 'slept in once' Cali's to support hiring before you buy. It may be a super looking, super cool bit of uber design, but it doesn't stop many folk deciding it's not for them once they actually experience life in such a small box.

If anyone is sweating over specs, colours and supercool options but hasn't spent a rainy night in something similar, I think they may have put the cart before the horse.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Best you come and see me then :cool:

If you ring me and say you have a black auto!

We could just get a spray can and paint your white one. ;)

wilupo7 said:
Regarding hiring before you buy.......

If you are coming out of a T4 Westfalia Cali into a T5 VW Cali, then you know what you doing and probably just need a test drive(s) to see if you want 140hp or 180, manual or dsg.

If however, you are coming out of a tent, or luxury b&b, or a motor home, then I think hiring is very worth the effort.
Even more so if you need the agreement of 'the other half' that this is good use of £40k+.

There are lots of 'slept in once' Cali's to support hiring before you buy. It may be a super looking, super cool bit of uber design, but it doesn't stop many folk deciding it's not for them once they actually experience life in such a small box.

If anyone is sweating over specs, colours and supercool options but hasn't spent a rainy night in something similar, I think they may have put the cart before the horse.

Trust me, I dont need to hire one to know it will get used loads!

As for specs, colours and supercool options? I would say they are very important.

If I'm spending £40k, I want it to be the spec and colour I want.

Is was a general point, not all about you. :sad

This is a man that owned a KTM X-bow. That means someone that isn't afraid to have a punt (I'm allowed to say that, vin gowned or ridden most KTM motorcycle models over he last 10 years.. :cool:)

Californiaman said:
This is a man that owned a KTM X-bow. That means someone that isn't afraid to have a punt (I'm allowed to say that, vin gowned or ridden most KTM motorcycle models over he last 10 years.. :cool:)

LOL So true!

The KTM was the most fun I have ever had on four wheels! But mental and very impracticle.

Its fair to say I am a man that takes a punt on things but I'm also very fussy, which can be a pain in the arse.

Rich Corrado said:

If you're super fussy then you could always try to raise the extra 10-15% and order brand new with the exact spec you want.

reserves said:
Rich Corrado said:

If you're super fussy then you could always try to raise the extra 10-15% and order brand new with the exact spec you want.

I have been looking into this as well.

If you are going to order new please note a price increase is imminent.

Rich Corrado said:
BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Best you come and see me then :cool:

If you ring me and say you have a black auto!

We could just get a spray can and paint your white one. ;)

I meant hiring one :thumb