Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Im new and need some advice please

R

Rich Corrado

Hello everyone, I’m new so please be nice to me!

I thought I would introduce myself and get some of your valuable advice

My name is Rich and I have been thinking about buying a camper for the last few years. My wife has finally conceded and given me the thumbs up to get one! :bananadance

I was originally thinking of getting a van and then converting it but then I saw a California in the flesh and decided there was no question what to do.

I am now officially on the lookout for a black California but it seems black is rarer than hens teeth! (Why is this?)

I did originally want the DSG auto but I’m starting to think I will be waiting a while for a black auto considering there is on 3 black California’s for sale at the moment and none of them are auto.

Are autos rare?

I have decided to open my search up to manual as well so Yesterday I test drove a very nice cali with loads of extras but they are not budging on the price! (Well a little bit but not much)
What do you guys and girls think of this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Do you know the dealer or know of their reputation? They seemed very nice but not really willing to have a deal.

Do you recognise the California? Was it one of your members as it has been very well looked after.

Do you think it looks like a good deal?

I don’t know whether to wait for an auto or bite the bullet and go for this one.

What do you think I should do?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It looks like a nice van. Same year as mine - the two windows in the roof means it is one of the very first of the facelift vans. DSG/Manual is very much a personal preference. I think there aren't many black ones as they are quite difficult to keep clean!

Waiting for the 'perfect' Cali 2nd hand is potentially setting you up for a long wait as there aren't that many around 2nd hand.

The seller is very well respected. He's a dealer so has to make a living, but I've heard very good things about him. He certainly knows campers, so you should be able to believe what he says.

It certainly is a nice looking bus and nobody can deny they do hold their price, that said I personally opted to compromise on my wish list and got an ex-demo four month old with 650 miles for quite literally a few grand more. It's a matter of personal choice, I had a budget and wanted a newer van and the peace of mind of warranty so I opted for lower spec.

It does look good in black though!!

Ian

wilupo7 said:
The seller is very well respected. He's a dealer so has to make a living, but I've heard very good things about him. He certainly knows campers, so you should be able to believe what he says.

I didn't say I didn't believe him, I just said they were not willing to budge on the price. They obviously know what they are talking about because they have been trading in campers for a long time, but unfortunately that doesn't mean they have a good reputation. I personally thought the chap I dealt with was very nice

Why not buy off here - I'd not buy from a dealer unless it was a van I really really wanted.

I think if I was buying a Cali - I'd be opened minded - it's not a buyers market as such and you'll probably need to look around.

But a Cali from here would have many benefits

:)

I would happily buy one from here, but it must be black!

I have one, and have just sent you a message :thumb

I'm not overly keen on a ex rental, but I'm not saying no.

A lot of people say that, then they see how well they have been looked after. Fully valeted between all rentals, and customers really look after them for us, especially as we hold a £1000 deposit for the rental duration.

Come and have a look :thumb

:thumb Give me a call tomorrow if you want to discuss further,or PM me your number and Il call you

I purchased my 2009 Cali from this supplier 2 years ago. Very pleased with service and price. They were very transparent about the vans history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Funnily enough, we visited this guy when we were looking to buy a Camper and he convinced us of the value of a Cali - we then bought - wait for it... a black auto ex-rental from another rental company. For me I was glad not to have something that was immaculate as we could just use it without worrying about every little mark,

The van had a full service history and was just what we were looking for, we got a good deal and it has been well looked after.

Good luck

Ian

I'm still in a dilemma, and can't make a decision. I really want an auto but I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait for one. I do like the black manual that I test drove the other day but I don't like the miles and amount of owners it has had.
I don't know what to do :headbang :headbang

Until you have bought one, you can always buy one. If unsure, wait. You won't regret waiting but you could regret buying the wrong one.

Wise words grasshopper!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm just going to have to wait, or compromise on colour or gearbox.

dsg or manual ...both as good as each other ....get the colour right ,as you look at that everyday :thumb

Rich Corrado said:
I'm still in a dilemma, and can't make a decision. I really want an auto but I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait for one. I do like the black manual that I test drove the other day but I don't like the miles and amount of owners it has had.
I don't know what to do :headbang :headbang

2010 van could be over three years old which would give average annual mileage of 11000 which is not a lot. It has full service history & if it is in good condition & been looked after, no visable damage inside or outside then number of owners shouldn't matter.
It has a good amount of extras & good spec.
As has already been said if you do not want to be looking & waiting for ages then you should think about being more flexible. Calis really do hold their value very well.

I had a black car years ago from new, would not buy another black vehicle again, they show up every mark & dirt. That's just my personal opinion.