Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Let’s hope there’s finally a reality check with the motor industry 2nd handmarket/ex demo.
People will needed to be tempted to part with there cash now there’s a good interest rate, or will be thinking harder about borrowing (no more nearly free cash floating around).

Starting to see stock at dealers too.
Exactly. Real return on cash. No free money in the system anymore.

It’s made me think twice about the new Cali purchase. But at 0% and with £2,500 incentives thrown in, it’s moderately de-risked.

I’m guessing a quick sale of a 24 plate Ocean in a year with a list of £65k plus options probably sees back £57k or so?

Let’s hope there’s finally a reality check with the motor industry 2nd handmarket/ex demo.
People will needed to be tempted to part with there cash now there’s a good interest rate, or will be thinking harder about borrowing (no more nearly free cash floating around).

Starting to see stock at dealers too.

Looks like the ford tourneo gets released soon as keep seeing ads pop up, so buzz now has competition. Ford has more seats, choice of hybrid / ev and flexible seating that can be removed.

Just needs a pop top!

The novelty is wearing off the Buzz. With economic realities potential owners are using their head and not the heart with their big ticket purchasing decisions. At retail the Buzz was never a value proposition.

Looks like the ford tourneo gets released soon as keep seeing ads pop up, so buzz now has competition. Ford has more seats, choice of hybrid / ev and flexible seating that can be removed.

Just needs a pop top!

Front end profiling looks disjointed and clumsy.

Exactly. Real return on cash. No free money in the system anymore.

It’s made me think twice about the new Cali purchase. But at 0% and with £2,500 incentives thrown in, it’s moderately de-risked.

I’m guessing a quick sale of a 24 plate Ocean in a year with a list of £65k plus options probably sees back £57k or so?
Calis have always had a strong return, enjoy them adventures you will probably never want to sell.

Just needs a pop top!

Never been a fan of Ford but VW have sort of lost me with there crazy prices and the mental demand for 2nd hand.
I think the look of the Ford is getting a lot better.

I see that VW have now changed the way these are sold. You buy direct from VW and not the dealer so the new price may now firm up a bit?
Yep there was a threat of this coming into force by a dealer (i.e be quick before its too late) but ultimately its a market so VW can happily keep hold.

With the slide of the Landrover prices its now becoming tempting now to buy a late low mileage Discovery D4 Euro6 to replace the Volvo in a few year time

Calis have always had a strong return, enjoy them adventures you will probably never want to sell.
Want & need are different things sadly!

I’m not thinking of selling. Buts it’s always useful to have an exit strategy in mind for planning.

Yep there was a threat of this coming into force by a dealer (i.e be quick before its too late) but ultimately its a market so VW can happily keep hold.

With the slide of the Landrover prices its now becoming tempting now to buy a late low mileage Discovery D4 Euro6 to replace the Volvo in a few year time
Looks like this is now the case. The 11 to 12.5k off offerings seems to have gone and now listed between RRP and £5k off.......

Lets see. Another round of cheap lease deals were recently offered so a glut returning to the market in 2yrs.

Looks like this is now the case. The 11 to 12.5k off offerings seems to have gone and now listed between RRP and £5k off.......

Lets see. Another round of cheap lease deals were recently offered so a glut returning to the market in 2yrs.
Only problem with two years time. The new T7 will be out.
A Beach on the new chassis is more appealing /practical than the Buzz…

How about this…?
Buzz killer ???

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

Very much kicking the can down the road but hey ho..... and pushing "buyers" down the leasing route.

Seems they are trying to adopt the software route where you rent and can no longer buy. It will be interesting to watch

Dogs and bikes so the only alternative would be the Kia EV9 if you could put a paper bag over the car.....so ugly...

What about the Fisker.

What about the Fisker.
Fisker seems like a pretty risky purchase decision. Factory is now under Chinese control. Longevity seems uncertain and that will undoubtedly reflect in resale value if that a consideration.

Fisker seems like a pretty risky purchase decision. Factory is now under Chinese control. Longevity seems uncertain and that will undoubtedly reflect in resale value if that a consideration.
Agree and boot space is circa 450litres which is not enough... but I think the concept and the looks are great. Love the doggy windows

Have you got that merc hymer free yet? A little review and some pics pls if you have.
As I see they do a nice two berth

Not yet.
Originally delivery was scheduled for March. I’m now awaiting an update in March…
We need it by May at the latest. If it hasn’t arrived by then, I might ditch the order and buy a used Cali for this year. Although, the wife really isn’t happy with this. So will have to see how things pan out.

Not yet.
Originally delivery was scheduled for March. I’m now awaiting an update in March…
We need it by May at the latest. If it hasn’t arrived by then, I might ditch the order and buy a used Cali for this year. Although, the wife really isn’t happy with this. So will have to see how things pan out.
There’s a few new ones in stock on autotrader poptop version and two berth. Maybe worth a look.
I’m still toying with a self build after the last nightmare, but did like the look of the two berth dealer has in stock

There’s a few new ones in stock on autotrader poptop version and two berth. Maybe worth a look.
I’m still toying with a self build after the last nightmare, but did like the look of the two berth dealer has in stock
I was chatting to Dirty Weekender for a bespoke build. Nice vans, but costs are around £125k+. Easily hit £140k depending on spec.
To be fair, the base van, VW Crafters are nearly £70k for a 2wd version.
Plus, you don’t know where the vans value is used if you have a change of heart. That’s what stopped me, and they never followed up after two Workshop visits… Had they, I might have gone for one.

The pre 2024 Free 600s are gas heating and I absolutely want diesel this time round. Some of the ads say available, when you dig a bit deeper. They are available some point 2024…

I was chatting to Dirty Weekender for a bespoke build. Nice vans, but costs are around £125k+. Easily hit £140k depending on spec.
To be fair, the base van, VW Crafters are nearly £70k for a 2wd version.
Plus, you don’t know where the vans value is used if you have a change of heart. That’s what stopped me, and they never followed up after two Workshop visits… Had they, I might have gone for one.

The pre 2024 Free 600s are gas heating and I absolutely want diesel this time round. Some of the ads say available, when you dig a bit deeper. They are available some point 2024…
Absolutely agree stupid money for nothing that special.
If I was spending £100k plus would be a hymer crossover.
Commercial vans are starting to drop, I was just going to do a basic thing myself if I go down that route.
Did see a nice nearly new GC for £65k (500miles main dealer sold quick). Bit of a big lump for what I like doing.

Thanks for heads up on gas as that’s a no go for me need diesel too. Highbridge have a two berth in stock autotrader ad is awful pics and no description, like they can’t be bothered to make the effort to sell!

If you see any at Travelworld, keep scrolling. I saw two different used vans there and both were presented like a dogs dinner.
Broken parts, damaged, low spec and unloved.

If you see any at Travelworld, keep scrolling. I saw two different used vans there and both were presented like a dogs dinner.
Broken parts, damaged, low spec and unloved.
There’s not a lot out there I like that meets my needs and willing budget!
Way it’s going it will be the jimny and a tent :headbang

Back