Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I can't decide, please help.

James, if I dont go for black I was thinking of bright orange! and i'm not joking :crazy :lol:

I would also like to point out that we are very limited as to the different alloys we can have as cali owners. I have seen loads of very cool alloys but unfortunately they are designed for light sports cars and not big fat calis.

Anyway back to the vote :lol:

The bottom ones seem to be winning.

I
would also like to point out that we are very limited as to the different alloys we can have as cali owners. I have seen loads of very cool alloys but unfortunately they are designed for light sports cars and not big fat calis.

Lol......I have a Morgan that can spin its wheels in the dry in 3rd gear .......Stainless Steel Spokes and NOT low profile........Low Profile is SO overstated.......

I have to agree with James 100%, both of those would possibly look ok on a old T5 panel van or conversion but to put them on a brand new Cali is so wrong. I grew out of putting bling on my vans in my late twenties!

Anyway if you want to use your Cali as a 'queen' rather than a 'king' go large.......

It's your choice.....but I think you will live to regret the choice and expense

Trotters said:
I have to agree with James 100%, both of those would possibly look ok on a old T5 panel van or conversion but to put them on a brand new Cali is so wrong. I grew out of putting bling on my vans in my late twenties!

Why is it wrong?

I dont want to keep the standard boring alloys.

Anyway who said I wasnt in my twenties?

BerndRos said:
Anyway if you want to use your Cali as a 'queen' rather than a 'king' go large.......

It's your choice.....but I think you will live to regret the choice and expense

lol Looks like i'm a big queen then!

p.s My old KTM Xbow would outspin your Morgan :mrgreen:

I took mine into the Northern Sahara in Tunisia........all over ALL of what we call Europe......all those pot holes in Europe and in Devon...and never got a puncture.......I rest my case.........

I'm sure I said in one of my previous posts that I'm keeping the original alloys and putting winter/all terrain tyres on for big excusrsions.

Anyway I assume your here looking for advice rather than affirmation.......

That's my advice.....don't go over 17 inch.....it will allow you to sleep soundly in your Cali at night........

As James said Black Cali ,black wheels, Black everything has been done quite a lot before ,if you want to be individual in a bling way and stand out from the crowd then perhaps the orange alloys would be a good idea :?:

If you want respect keep it subtle ;)

Kirk said:

Agreed that's why I went for a few subtle mods

Good thread this BTW :thumb

Calikev said:
Kirk said:

I'm not looking for respect.

I was looking your opinion between the two sets of alloys.

I appreciate that bigger wheels might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm not trying to put them on your Cali's

This thread seems to of gone off track but I'm all for a good chat :D

I think people are just telling you the Cali is not the sort of vehicle you bling up, next you will be telling us you are going for limo tint and neon lights underneath.

Rich Corrado said:
Calikev said:
Kirk said:

I'm not looking for respect.

I was looking your opinion between the two sets of alloys.

I appreciate that bigger wheels might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm not trying to put them on your Cali's

This thread seems to of gone off track but I'm all for a good chat :D

In that case I like the top ones the bottom ones look familiar to me him sure I have seen them or something very similar on something else like a range rover. If you want something different make sure they are :bananadance

Kirk said:
I think people are just telling you the Cali is not the sort of vehicle you bling up, next you will be telling us you are going for limo tint and neon lights underneath.

Limo tint...... maybe.

Neon lights...... No

What would Mr T choose?

mrt.jpg

+1 for keeping it subtle.

This is not the Vauxhall Corsa Owners Club is it !!

Over the last six months I have found this site to be informative and very helpful.
But to be honest I have taken offense by some of the comments on this thread.
I started a perfectly sensible thread asking your opinion between two sets of alloys.
I wasn’t asking for your permission to change the wheels.
Some of you have made valid points about the off-road capability of which I have taken on board and had already considered.
If you take the time to read some of my posts you will see that I’m keeping the original alloys and putting winter/ all-terrain tyres on for better functionality.
As for the Vauxhall Corsa Owners club comment…….. Was that necessary?
Are you saying that if I change my wheels I’m not welcome in this club?
Listen to yourself.
Do you think I’m some sort of chav teenager because I want to change my wheels?
I think it is abundantly clear that some of you need to be swapping your California for a retirement home.
All I want to do is personalise my California, is that a crime?

I think you should choose the alloys YOU like...

Everyone will have their own opinion on what looks good and what is practical (which is not always the same thing)

Most people ask for an opinion because either they have no idea what they want or they are looking for consensus to agree with their own.

Get what works for you :thumb

Back