Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I can't decide, please help.

R

Rich Corrado

As the title says, I cant decide which alloys to choose.

Which ones do you lot like?

$T2eC16VHJFoFH4!bjCuGBSSK2EZz6g~~60_12.JPG

Top ones, very clean and a nice titanium look. Hope they are strong enough though.

Sorry I forgot to say they are going on a black Cali, with sportline kit.

Top ones are load rated to 820kg a wheel and the bottom ones are rated to 1025kg.

As its a black van I've changed my mind to the bottom ones. Top ones would look great on my Red Cali though.

I have change my mind every day! I think I'm going mad :crazy

My vote goes with the bottom ones, the top ones look a bit spindly.

Another vote for the bottom ones. Not enough 'meat' on the top ones to balance the large expanse of metal in a Cali body.

That's three votes for the bottom ones.

Anyone else?

:cool
Vote for bottom ones

No choice i'm afraid. It has to be the bottom ones. Very very nice! :clap

Black wheels on a Black Van all day long :)

In a quite way 'bling up' your Cali.....BUT don't do anything that will reduce it's off Tarmac capability or your going to miss some great 'park ups'

What do they need to be rated at (load wise) is it cali weight divided by 4?

I have had many many cars over the years........

And on my RS4 had more punctures than all my other cars over a 40 year period.....why anyone would put low profiles on a camper van is beyond me.

Think carefully as there are other options to make the van look individual

johnyboy said:
What do they need to be rated at (load wise) is it cali weight divided by 4?

The legal position is that half of the weight limit for each axle is the minimum load rating for wheels & tyres connected to it.
The rear axle is higher rated; half of this is usually the rating applied to all 4 corners; as wheels come in a set at the same rating.

815kg is the minimum the california can have.

James said:
Neither - they look obvious and a bit 'bling' - Cali should be more subtle imho

James

Sorry James, I completely appreciate your opinion but unfortunately “bling” is exactly what I’m looking for. :D
I have always put my own personal touch on every vehicle I have ever owned.
I prefer to be individual rather than conforming with the norm.

Rich Corrado said:
James said:
Neither - they look obvious and a bit 'bling' - Cali should be more subtle imho

James

Sorry James, I completely appreciate your opinion but unfortunately “bling” is exactly what I’m looking for. :D
I have always put my own personal touch on every vehicle I have ever owned.
I prefer to be individual rather than conforming with the norm.

i appreciate that but i would argue that an all black Cali with those wheels, whilst striking, will look like every other pimped up T5, the wheels are nice, but two a penny. Most modded vans end up looking the same. Of course it is personal and no one can say what works, what doesn't, I mean I've got a bright yellow Beach and plenty of people find that colour repulsive, so each to their own but in my experience it is too easy to become generic. I think the black themed van is interesting, especially if you start to blacken the detailing like badge and grille, it's a great concept. i would however and this is just a personal thought use the wheels to pick out a tiny bit of colour, so maybe bi colour wheels that way not everything is black. If everything is black then the eye is drawn to nothing, if you have something with a touch of colour then you have something to contrast it with.

Just thoughts and far from gospel. I am certain your van will look the business, I can't think of another post facelift Cali that has such a distinctive theme. I just feel you can never make everything the same colour, you have trick the eye.

James

SO do I .......

You should see my Cali.......

One year I thought.......on way from Jerez to Portugal.......surely I can cut out the drag of going via Seville......despite the warnings to the contrary I cut through the nature reserves and wetlands and eventually gave up ......ended up seeking safer roads....was glad I was on 17inch wheels......

BerndRos said:
In a quite way 'bling up' your Cali.....BUT don't do anything that will reduce it's off Tarmac capability or your going to miss some great 'park ups'

I hear you this and it’s been something I have spent many hours thinking about.
I don’t want to compromise the California’s ability to pull up and camp at any random place.
But I don’t think bigger wheels will make it much harder to go off road.
I was looking at the sportline alloys which are 18” but they just don’t do it for me. Don’t get me wrong because I really like the sportline alloys but they don’t fill the arch as much as I would like.
I am also going to keep my original alloys and put winter tyres on so I will have a back up for wild excursions.

I took my Cali through 22 countries on 17 inch wheels and not a single puncture .......

As I said on my RS4 I had more punctures than in 40 years with other cars....I will never go low profile again.......

Back