Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I’ve gone and created a right Buzz!

Most fun on two wheels I've ever had was my C90 (sadly now gone). 8bhp, handing like a mountain bike and trying to preserve every bit of the 55mph top speed is an absolute hoot, especially if chasing much more powerful machinery (which is surprisingly possible as long as there are no uphill sections). Given it was so basic, it handled really well (probably because it weighed about 80kg).

Most fun on two wheels I've ever had was my C90 (sadly now gone). 8bhp, handing like a mountain bike and trying to preserve every bit of the 55mph top speed is an absolute hoot, especially if chasing much more powerful machinery (which is surprisingly possible as long as there are no uphill sections). Given it was so basic, it handled really well (probably because it weighed about 80kg).
I assume we are talking about step thru Honda's. My first non peddle motorbike was a barnfind C50 I picked at auction up with 190 miles on the clock. Think I paid less and a 100 quid for it in the early 80's. 3 speed auto gearbox was fun.

That wasn’t my intention.
I was only posting about the Buzz

I assume we are talking about step thru Honda's. My first non peddle motorbike was a barnfind C50 I picked at auction up with 190 miles on the clock. Think I paid less and a 100 quid for it in the early 80's. 3 speed auto gearbox was fun.
Yep indeed. They're worth quite a bit these days, a mint C50/70/90 can fetch £4k! Good working ones £2k. Unfortunately they're a bit rust-prone and years of people abusing them means despite being the most produced motor vehicle ever, there aren't so many around.

The C90 was a bit more peppy than the C50; still a 3 speeder, not massively more top end power but a bit more grunty (all things are relative of course!).

That wasn’t my intention.
I was only posting about the Buzz

I don't think in all seriousness anyone is going to hang you out to dry - the discussion started about an ID Buzz and it's descended into a bike discussion. I don't think any bike dealership would eye up a campervan forum for trying to sell anything! I'm enjoying the discussion as the weather is so horrid at the moment there's precious little riding going on. :)

I’ve got two supermotos, 690 and 500. I love them.
It would be good to compare the Duke? The KTM kind of only has one setting, flat out. It’s not good in town/traffic.
Could be tempted if it’s half as good.
This is my only issue with the Duke. The way the fueling mapping is set, it can be a handful riding slow.

Not as bad as the single cylinder engines. But can be choppy.

It’s also quite lairy and wants to wheelie all the time. Which some people love, but as I get older & fartier, less so.

Last edited:
This is my only issue with the Duke. The way the curling mapping is set, it can be a handful riding slow.

Not as bad as the single cylinder engines. But can be choppy.

It’s also quite lairy and wants to wheelie all the time. Which some people love, but as I get older & fartier, less so.
The KTM 690 is a PITA in traffic. It’s just too cammy and has nothing low down.

The 500 (2 stroke) is mental so the odd wheelie is just a given! That said, it’s awesome in traffic as it could plough a field it has so much torque.

To be transparent I do obviously run a Ducati store. I do drive the Buzz I posted a pic of and I do own a 2019 T6 Cali which I love.

I’d be telling lies if I said I’m not the first to jump at a sales opportunity (that’s the sheepskin wearing, gold dripping from my neck and hands side of me! ) but as a business we spend a huge amount on marketing so I defo didn’t post to promote the business.

My first road legal bike was a Honda C50. Wish I still had it as it’ll be worth a bit now!

I love a bit of banter and I thank you all for engaging in my post.
I love VW cali’s and anything bikes. I love it that everyone likes different bikes. Ducati aren’t for everyone. But…..if you don’t think they are the sexiest looking machines and a joy to ride then there’s something psychologically wrong with you

To be transparent I do obviously run a Ducati store. I do drive the Buzz I posted a pic of and I do own a 2019 T6 Cali which I love.

I’d be telling lies if I said I’m not the first to jump at a sales opportunity (that’s the sheepskin wearing, gold dripping from my neck and hands side of me! ) but as a business we spend a huge amount on marketing so I defo didn’t post to promote the business.

My first road legal bike was a Honda C50. Wish I still had it as it’ll be worth a bit now!

I love VW cali’s and anything bikes. I love it that everyone likes different bikes. Ducati aren’t for everyone. But…..if you don’t think they are the sexiest looking machines and a joy to ride then there’s something psychologically wrong with you
My 748 SPS wasn’t a joy to ride unless it was on a track ! Rode it to Le Mans once. Damn near killed me. Tbh I just bought because I loved the Tamburini design.

My 748 SPS wasn’t a joy to ride unless it was on a track ! Rode it to Le Mans once. Damn near killed me. Tbh I just bought because I loved the Tamburini design.
:) Have you ever ridden an 1198?! The are like Xenia Onatopp from Goldeneye, beautiful and will seduce you but will try and kill you at any moment. If you do survive you’ll need to go lie down in a dark room but then you’ll want more!!!!!

I have to admit, Ducatis look the dogs wotsits, and I know this is probably a massively outdated perspective, but I'd much rather be on a built-in-Japan Honda when I'm in some remote corner of the Highlands than anything European! Each to their own of course, that's why we have the variety of bikes out there we do :)

Agreed, the Alfa Romeo of motorcycles. Or is that MV Augusta to Ducati’s Ferrari?

Even as a KTM owner who likes their odd looks, Ducati’s are infinitely prettier.

Sadly some of us are 6ft 5in and built like a brick **** house.
Yes reminds me of someone I know of that size climbing onto his S1000R; looked like he was riding a kids bike!

I did sit on a S1000R here in the office. How I laughed. The owner said it was roomy compared to the new Fireblade.........

2414.jpgMy Multistrada was easily the best bike I ever had. Pictured here in a b&b basement garage after an epic ride down to Lake Como - two-up and fully loaded across the Alps was something one of the best trips ever.

Well that’s started a great convo which wasn’t intended on my part.

There’s only one way to decide if a Ducati is for you and better than others…..come and have a look! We’ve got great bikes and a cafe
Agree, did that in 1988...not only looking but drive it! Still do by the way...

This thread is bad for my wallet. I am on an MT-07 and starting to get bored of it... logging off now :D

Back