Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi, newbie owners from Kent...

Have a look at the Search for site app, free 7 day trial, it’ll tell you what’s around your location including Pubs, stop overs and camp sites, make the adventure easier

Last edited:
Nice one , I was going to say there is a garage near Dover that are vw approved but your about 40 mins away , glad it all worked out , we bought our beach in July and are in Ramsgate

Have a look at the Search for site app, free 7 day trial, it’ll tell you what’s around your location including Pubs, stop overs and camp sites, make the adventure easier

Nice one, I’ll have a look at that for our next trip.

We started our adventure on Friday evening.

its taken us a while to spot fellow Cali/Camper owners. Initially we were waving at bemused builders and the like! We got our first wave back off of the first Cali we saw. Great to be part of the family!

Just got back after a good couple of days and plenty of miles. ‘Monty’, or ’Montgomery the Memory Maker’ to give him his full name, performed faultlessly.
The kids had a great time. They loved sleeping ‘upstairs’ too.

I’ve got a long period of work now but once that’s done we‘ll be back out for more adventures.

Should have done it years ago!

Nice one , I was going to say there is a garage near Dover that are vw approved but your about 40 mins away , glad it all worked out , we bought our beach in July and are in Ramsgate
We’ll be heading down that way for sure.

We have had our van for 5 years and mostly it’s been great..Few things done under warranty..Roof repair, new leisure batteries, new awning and rear door struts..Always just felt it lagging a bit on power going up hills so decided this year to have a remap. Oh my word what a difference. the power comes in much sooner and no changing down on hills..But not only that I’m getting at least 4 mpg better fuel consumption....one of the best things I’ve ever done..

Nice one, I’ll have a look at that for our next trip.

We started our adventure on Friday evening.

its taken us a while to spot fellow Cali/Camper owners. Initially we were waving at bemused builders and the like! We got our first wave back off of the first Cali we saw. Great to be part of the family!

Just got back after a good couple of days and plenty of miles. ‘Monty’, or ’Montgomery the Memory Maker’ to give him his full name, performed faultlessly.
The kids had a great time. They loved sleeping ‘upstairs’ too.

I’ve got a long period of work now but once that’s done we‘ll be back out for more adventures.

Should have done it years ago!
Fabulous. So glad to hear it all worked out :thumb

We have had our van for 5 years and mostly it’s been great..Few things done under warranty..Roof repair, new leisure batteries, new awning and rear door struts..Always just felt it lagging a bit on power going up hills so decided this year to have a remap. Oh my word what a difference. the power comes in much sooner and no changing down on hills..But not only that I’m getting at least 4 mpg better fuel consumption....one of the best things I’ve ever done..
I’m thinking of having the same done to mine to be honest.

I’m thinking of having the same done to mine to be honest.
Ours cost £320 and that was with Dynamometer runs telling us the new and old BHP and Torque curves. Now get 174.4 bhp against the old 139.6 bhp. But the torque has gone from 335Mn + 2300 revs to 435Mn At 2300 revs. Which does make the difference..And What with the extra mpg I think it’s money well spent..
We had it done mainly to make the van more drivable and a pleasure on hills, which is certainly the case.