Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited new owners

Tracey Johns

Tracey Johns

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone

we are waiting to collect our second hand T5 SE with nervous excitement. We looked around the car but with absolutely no experience - does anyone have any advice on things to look for when we pick it up? it is still under warranty at being just over a year old so hopefully any problems won't be a problem, or is that really naïve?

thank you in advance for any help you can give us.

T&I

If you become a VIP member there is a great handover guide in the downloads area. I would have been stuffed without it when I picked up our Cali.

Welcome , as said above lots of info for new owners on the forum .

Welcome! At the time of my "pickup" I wasn't VIP and I wished I had these great handover guide. Not because there were any problem but more I didn't know where there could be one.

Welcome! At the time of my "pickup" I wasn't VIP and I wished I had these great handover guide. Not because there were any problem but more I didn't know where there could be one.

thank you so much for this advice it was really useful!

update - well we've had it for a week on our drive, we've tested the fridge gets the wine cool enough and the heater works well enough to melt the frost in the morning. We've practised putting the roof up and down again without trapping the bellows and tried to perfect the knack of spinning the seats without knocking the steering wheel or the handbrake off at the same time as trying not to scratch the pillar!! we are now ready for our first adventure and have chosen the lake district :) (I've heard it never rains there!) wish us luck and here's to not embarrassing ourselves too badly!

update - well we've had it for a week on our drive, we've tested the fridge gets the wine cool enough and the heater works well enough to melt the frost in the morning. We've practised putting the roof up and down again without trapping the bellows and tried to perfect the knack of spinning the seats without knocking the steering wheel or the handbrake off at the same time as trying not to scratch the pillar!! we are now ready for our first adventure and have chosen the lake district :) (I've heard it never rains there!) wish us luck and here's to not embarrassing ourselves too badly!

Welcome :thumb

Have a fantastic time on your maiden journey, hopefully I shall be doing the same very soon!

There are a few threads on the forum about ‘how-to’ do various bits and bobs, as well as a few very informative videos on YouTube made by a California Dealership in Liverpool (I’m sure someone else on here will post the link!) to demonstrate the roof, front captain seats, awning and the like.

I’ve already decided I’m going to drive somewhere in secret to try everything out for myself, in my own time, rather than make a twit out of myself on my drive in front of all the (nosey) neighbours :)!!

Welcome :thumb

Have a fantastic time on your maiden journey, hopefully I shall be doing the same very soon!

There are a few threads on the forum about ‘how-to’ do various bits and bobs, as well as a few very informative videos on YouTube made by a California Dealership in Liverpool (I’m sure someone else on here will post the link!) to demonstrate the roof, front captain seats, awning and the like.

I’ve already decided I’m going to drive somewhere in secret to try everything out for myself, in my own time, rather than make a twit out of myself on my drive in front of all the (nosey) neighbours :)!!

I have had mine 2 months I've just about tested everything to make sure they work. That includes the car options as well as the camper options. If taking it straight out I would make sure the big things are working, heater, swivel seats, roof, water pump is needed.

...message ends...

Back