Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New van owners

T

Tim&carolsvan

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello everyone my partner and I are waiting to collect our new vw ocean on May 2 nd from our local vw centre as we’re new to campervans. Having spent many years camping we decided now was the time to go invest in a van please can anyone recommend any insurance companies and is it worth hanging a tracker fitted also any thoughts on having diamondbrite treatment applied before we pick it up

Did you not get the free insurance offer?

Unsure when that offer was introduced and if it’s based on when ordered or when collected; when did you order your Cali?

Unsure when that offer was introduced and if it’s based on when ordered or when collected; when did you order your Cali?
It’s a pre registered ocean December 2023 with 13 miles on it we reserved it 2 weeks ago having tow bar fitted and bumper protector fitted this week then paying for it next week collecting the following week

You might be eligible? Why not give your dealer a ring and ask? I’m unsure how good the VW insurance offering is - something I will investigate once I get a delivery date.

Looks good though - the back story now explains how you’ve got a photo of it!

It
You might be eligible? Why not give your dealer a ring and ask? I’m unsure how good the VW insurance offering is - something I will investigate once I get a delivery date.

they brought it to our house do we could test drive it

It

they brought it to our house do we could test drive it
Looks stunning in Starlight Blue..really classy!...but I am biased :)
cant wait to collect it

Hello everyone my partner and I are waiting to collect our new vw ocean on May 2 nd from our local vw centre as we’re new to campervans. Having spent many years camping we decided now was the time to go invest in a van please can anyone recommend any insurance companies and is it worth hanging a tracker fitted also any thoughts on having diamondbrite treatment applied before we pick it up
My researches last October (for my Starlight Blue) lead me to NFU Mutual for insurance.

Ah if its a pre-reg I don’t think you’ll be eligible, I’m pretty sure it was only for factory orders, with the free servicing and MoT offer

Comfort insurance have been efficient for us.
Only had a single windscreen claim to deal with (thankfully) but I know the living area is properly covered with them and not sure if that is always the case for some insurers.

Nice Cali !!!

Worth reading this thread?

Loving the colour, agree with previous post believe the free insurance is on new ones only, re free insurance offer the restrictions are tight, drivers need to not have had any at fault accident claims in the last 3yrs to qualify

LV are consistently cheapest for me. Rural, parked on driveway, max NCD.

In my opinion and experience I wouldn’t touch diamond bright with a barge pole it does the opposite of what it says on the tin.
Save your money and put it towards a professionally applied ceramic coating.
I did and I got a 9 near warranty and never have to worry about bird crap and polishing during that time.

In my opinion and experience I wouldn’t touch diamond bright with a barge pole it does the opposite of what it says on the tin.
Save your money and put it towards a professionally applied ceramic coating.
I did and I got a 9 near warranty and never have to worry about bird crap and polishing during that time.
I read up lots about ceramic coating, Diamondbrite, Lifeshine and several polishes: and ended up deciding (for my Starlight Blue) on a personal annual or biannual Collinite Super Double Coat.

Each alternative has merit, but I liked the idea of a forensic paintwork inspection annually, anyway, albeit time consuming compared with ceramic - but then I am retired.

I read up lots about ceramic coating, Diamondbrite, Lifeshine and several polishes: and ended up deciding (for my Starlight Blue) on a personal annual or biannual Collinite Super Double Coat.

Each alternative has merit, but I liked the idea of a forensic paintwork inspection annually, anyway, albeit time consuming compared with ceramic - but then I am retired.
I just find that I haven’t got to do anything for 9 years a reward. I just polar blast, jet wash, wash as normal, jet wash and dry as advised and it comes up like new every time.
With my experience with diamond brite and the arguments with the salesman after it was applied, it was a total waste of time. It’s not always you can sit watching and protecting your vehicle from bird crap. Living next to the coast we get seagulls which are huge craping machines and it makes a right mess of the paint even with diamond brite. It doesn’t work.

I just find that I haven’t got to do anything for 9 years a reward. I just polar blast, jet wash, wash as normal, jet wash and dry as advised and it comes up like new every time.
With my experience with diamond brite and the arguments with the salesman after it was applied, it was a total waste of time. It’s not always you can sit watching and protecting your vehicle from bird crap. Living next to the coast we get seagulls which are huge craping machines and it makes a right mess of the paint even with diamond brite. It doesn’t work.
Living also by the seaside, I would now vote for any party that promises to introduce expensive dog licences and heavy fines for feeding seagulls.

Excrement from both are ever present and a bane.

Back