Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hi from us

paulhowarth

paulhowarth

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
hello... we're giddy about our new van and have already been away both weekends since buying from another member recently. we're a family of four from sunny Manchester! just saying hi to everyone and looking forward to more adventures soon!

tmp_DSC_2715-702704002.jpg

Hi Paul and family! I'm glad to hear you are making the most of your new Cali already! What colour is she (I can't quite tell with the lighting in the photo)?

Maud

Hi and welcome!
Straigt in to the adventure ....nice

Hi Paul and family! I'm glad to hear you are making the most of your new Cali already! What colour is she (I can't quite tell with the lighting in the photo)? hi Maud thanks for message. she's a grey Berghaus and that picture was pre-sun rise this morning. can recommend kettlewell in Yorkshire Dales by the way!

Maud

hi there, yep we're not hanging around. sadly work gets in the way of more trips but hey.. already looking forward to Friday! any tips for newcomers? I nearly trapped roof already (forgot to lower bed) and can't seem to swivel drivers seat without help (handbrake kind of getting in way). minor things, loving it already

Hi you need to release the handbrake momentarily to turn the drivers seat

As Kev said the handbrake needs to be released for that moment when you swivel the seat around.

We all have our own way of doing it but mine is to release steering wheel, push right in, seat back forward as far as it will go, armrests up, seat slightly forward to windscreen then handbrake off and swivel, clear handbrake, put back on, the slide seat backwards or forwards to the point where the seatback tilt knob clears

Takes all of the weekend break first time around, then 5 minutes and less next time,

Now that photograph.... Sunset over Oldham edge? :shocked

hi Grannyjen! had to stand on footbrake from outside whilst other half span seat round as was on hill last week. just as bad getting back straight, didn't bother this week.. will take your advice though, thanks! photo from kettlewell camping site this morning, not a bad start to day (even if kids awake at silly hour)! thanks again

Our son has the whole seat swivel thing sussed out. We act daft and he does it ;)

Our son has the whole seat swivel thing sussed out. We act daft and he does it ;)

Clearly a child of extraordinary talent,

Washing up, upholstery valeting, seat swivelling ....

I now see why you insist on bringing children with you,

a shame mine have grown up. You could have borrowed them as well.:eek:

Clearly a child of extraordinary talent,

Washing up, upholstery valeting, seat swivelling ....

I now see why you insist on bringing children with you,

a shame mine have grown up. You could have borrowed them as well.:eek:
He's washing up at present which is why I get to play with the wifi. Unfortunately not upholstery valletting which is why we tolerate the deadly grey waterproof seat covers. I am scheming some psychedelic embellishments for them...

Hi all. Welcome aboard. Hope you have miles and miles of fun in your new baby.

Hello and welcome from me Paul, that's a cool photo:thumb

had to stand on footbrake from outside whilst other half span seat round as was on hill last week.
Surely an automatic gearbox in Park or a manual gearbox left in 1st or reverse would be sufficient to hold the vehicle without the handbrake, even on a hill.

thanks for that... seems almost too obvious now! could have saved scratching the interior trim (we had just come back from the pub)

thanks and hi. we're out again so well try and take more! isn't difficult in Yorkshire Dales!

Welcome to the fun and adventure..