Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from JAPAN

P

papapaddler

c0123363_13431721.jpg

Hello, everyone.
I am aki,from Japan.
I am 47 years old, and I have a wife who married at the time of the University student, a son who is rowing in University, a daughter who goes to art college, and a cat and goldfish.

I'm enjoying the T5 California in Japan that are not regular imports.
I'm a canoeist. I have also enjoyed mountain climbing, sea-kayaking, skiing and snorkeling.
My family called "Cali-chan" to my T5 California.
Cali-chan is a transporter of canoes and kayaks, is the base camp of mountaineering, is also a refuge when the quarrels.
Cali-chan is different from the other T5 California is such that it comprises a seat that can be boarded wetsuit remains wet and that includes a solar panel 172W.

For modification of Cali-chan, I provide a variety of information on my website. Unfortunately, although they are written in Japanese, I'm glad and hope you enjoy the pictures and read it by using translation software.( I have been writing this sentence using the Google translation too.)

T5 California topic:
http://papapaddle.exblog.jp/i48/

Topic of My Life & Outdoor Activities:
http://papapaddle.exblog.jp

I want to enjoy this forum from now.
Thank you!

aki

Welcome Aki, you are our first member from Japan. I am looking forward to hearing more about your California and your travels. Great photo's in your blog, I just wish I could understand Japanese.

Hello Aki.
I like your pictures, many of them with high artistic value, beautiful places too.

アキを見ていい。ポーランドと日本は均等にエキゾチックなイギリスのため

:goodone

Andrzej

Hi Aki

welcome to the uk club

love the solar panels of the website you linked on your 1st post :hello

Hi Martin, Thank you for your welcome message.
I'm first member from Japan? I'm proud of it.

I live in the central part of Japan, between big cities. . . Tokyo and Osaka, Kyoto.
Here is a beautiful area where nature of ancient Japan remains.
Within an hour from home, there is a place in the snowy mountains for skiing, river where we can enjoy canoeing,and sea where a lot of tropical fish and beautiful coral grows.
I learned Spanish in university, I'm not good at English. But I am going to write my best.
Thank you.

cali01.jpg

Hello Andresz.
Nie mogę czytać polską. Ale lubię Polskę.
Polska jest zarówno egzotyczne i Japonii dla Brytyjczyków.
I'm glad that you liked my pictures.Thanks!

cali03.jpg

Hi John.
Kon-nichiwa,Yookoso Aki....Your Japanese is perfect!
My name means "bright man".

cali04.jpg

Thank you Aki
you mate and I are the most exotic people on the forum :hello

Good evening Andy.
Now, Japan is a little before 10:00 pm on December 9.
Solar panels of my T5 California is surprisingly flexible and light(2.3kg).
I had to make a special order venture company in Kyoto.

cali06.jpg

Welcome to the cali club and it's great to see cali's around the world are joining up with us :thumb

:bananadance

Hi choplee.
Thank you for the heartwarming comments.
It is very exciting to imagine that the same car with my California is running all over the world.

Cali05.jpg

Hi and welcome :)

How did the California get to Japan? It must be unique?

Great pics :)

James

And more importantly: When Toyota will make equivalent car?

Hi Custard.
I personally imported California from Taiwan. In Taiwan T5 is running a lot.
Because VW T5 not sold in Japan, T5 would be very small number.(Perhaps dozens)

bus.jpg

papapaddler said:
Hi Custard.
I personally imported California from Taiwan. In Taiwan T5 is running a lot.
Because VW T5 not sold in Japan, T5 would be very small number.(Perhaps dozens)

Aki :)

That means it is a special vehicle then :)

There is a big culture in this country of importing Japan specific models to the UK as we drive on the same side of the road.

Particularly some of the multi purpose vehicles which can converted into camping vehicles. I love some of the Japan only models :)

James

Hello Andresz.
Toyota have managed VW dealers in Japan (It seems like a bad joke), then Toyota does not sell the VW T5,because their commercial vehicle "Hi-Ace" and VW T5 are competing.
Toyota does not sell the Hi-Ace in Europe as a bargaining point.
Toyota Hi-Ace is a standard of commercial vehicles in Japan, but Toyota does not make their own camper.Because the camper is not yet very common in Japan.

hiace.jpg

I am sure there would be a big commercial success in Europe: A Hiace with factory camper fit...

Hi James.
Yes! VW T5, especially California is a very special vehicle here.
More than 100 years ago, Japan learned transportation system of the United Kingdom.
(Electrical system learned from Germany and the United States...western Japan is 50Hz of German, and eastern Japan is 60Hz of U.S.Because of two standards that exist in the country, after the earthquake of last year, the power situation has become worse.)
British cars drive on the left is very easy to drive for me, I had two Land Rover Discovery 10 years ago.

いんてりお.jpg

Some lovely photos on your blog. I particularly like the old Apple Macintosh's :)

dan

Hi Dan.
I also like the old Macintosh. I have 3 old Macintosh, the only original condition is Mac Plus(1986), Mac Classic II is already replacing the contents to Mac mini + 8"VGA monitor, Mac Classic has been hollowed out to install the iPad :)
Here is a great forum. I had to refer to some posts here when the water pump is broken.
:thanks

mac.jpg

Welcome to this great forum Aki, I used to have a Mazda Bongo before I purchased my Cali. I think they are called the Friendee in Japan.

Hi smudger.
Thank you for your welcome message.
Happy smile of you & your wife are impressive.I want to enjoy life like you.

Yes, MAZDA Bongo are called "Friendee" in Japan.
Friendee is a only car that has a pop-up roof made by Japanese automaker.
I have heard that REIMO made ​​the parts of the roof.

my.jpg