Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everybody

AlanH99

AlanH99

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi
I'm from Cumbria and my California is great, or it will be when I buy one! One of the main reasons I have joined the VW California Club is to increase my chances of finding the Cali I have thought about for many months. Unfortunately, funds don't allow me to just buy the first one I fancy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I have learnt a lot from viewing this forum and it has made me decide to save more for a California rather than a modified VW T5 which, although cheaper, don't seem to have the quality of a VW California.

So, thanks for having me and I hope it isn't too long before I am also recounting my tales of happy Cali camping.
Alan

Goodness, a warm welcome Alan to the friendliest club on the planet and let's hope that the right cali for you comes up soon.

Hi Alan welcome. Keep your eyes open in our for sale section we regularly have new ones coming up for sale.

Welcome, Alan! I was in a similar position to you this time last year and I now have my Cali and I'm enjoying every minute of Cali ownership. I hope it won't be long before you are too :D

Welcome Alan hope to hear about a new acquisition soon :thumb

Hi and welcome ...
Don't want to spoil the fun but if your intrested in buying a new Cali T5, time is running out! ( there' s a topic on it here somewhere)
Also beware that the diffrence between a SE and a Beach version can bring a lot of emotions on a forum ( again search for the topic)
As for the choice to buy a Cali :thumb , it took me sevral years to save for one...

Hi and welcome ...
Don't want to spoil the fun but if your intrested in buying a new Cali T5, time is running out! ( there' s a topic on it here somewhere)
Also beware that the diffrence between a SE and a Beach version can bring a lot of emotions on a forum ( again search for the topic)
As for the choice to buy a Cali :thumb , it took me sevral years to save for one...
Unfortunately a new Cali is out of the question. Also, mine will have to be less than the 30k+ I see on the forum so often. But I do see them for less. I'll just have to be patient.
Every now and then I see one in my price bracket but they are often the Beach or a LHD. Neither of which are the one I want.
Alan

Ok , if so you can wait til the T6 is released there wil be lots of T5 's availble second hand.
Until then my idea is the prices will stay high on second hand market.
I scouted many years on second hand and found it crazy to pay 35000€ for a second hand over 4 year and say 100000km.
Just saved longer and buy new for 50000€

Ok , if so you can wait til the T6 is released there wil be lots of T5 's availble second hand.
Until then my idea is the prices will stay high on second hand market.
I scouted many years on second hand and found it crazy to pay 35000€ for a second hand over 4 year and say 100000km.
Just saved longer and buy new for 50000€

You're right of course, I could wait, but I'd rather put the money I have for this year's holidays towards buying a California than spending it on hotels etc. And I have no intention of going without holidays for a year, even if I was allowed to.
No, it's going to be a Cali within the next few months. Then it's weekends away and two or more fortnight's holidays. This is how I have justified spending the money I have budgeted so far.
Alan

Hi Alan - if you search on Hello from Cumbria, you'll see that your fellow Cumbria dwellers are thinking about meeting up - might be useful to come along? Ian

Hi Alan. Welcome aboard. Just keep looking and you will find the love of your life...if you haven't already got one of course.:thumb

Thanks IanE. I noticed the posting and had mentioned it to my other half who agreed it would be useful to speak to people who already had Californias. I don't think a date has been set yet but it is likely to be some time in March. I'll be there if it doesn't clash with anything else.
Alan