Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

Just got round to fitting mine. I followed the instructions sent by Roger and I followed a YouTube channel Kev on Tour to which he goes through the fitting of it.It was really easy to fit. Take your time and don’t rush it.If you can wire a three pin plug you can fit the solar panels. Thanks Roger for a great bit of kit fully solar powered now.

Hi I am a new Cali owner (April 2023) and just loving it. Wish I had taken the leap earlier! I have just ordered a solar panel from Roger Donaghue and Will be attempting to fit it myself with prior advice from the forum.
Welcome aboard.
And same as the others, if you need any help with pics of install, just shout !
(A side note, in the summer, keep the panel clean.
I wasn’t getting a full 60 watts, only 35.)
Gave the panel a good clean with a wet microfibre cloth. Now getting 60 watts, and sun is around 45 degree angle away :cheers

Just got round to fitting mine. I followed the instructions sent by Roger and I followed a YouTube channel Kev on Tour to which he goes through the fitting of it.It was really easy to fit. Take your time and don’t rush it.If you can wire a three pin plug you can fit the solar panels. Thanks Roger for a great bit of kit fully solar powered now.
Thanks for info re Kev on your. Really helpful

Welcome aboard.
Gave the panel a good clean with a wet microfibre cloth. Now getting 60 watts, and sun is around 45 degree angle away :cheers
Thanks for top tip

Solar arrives today from Roger. Got my tools. Taken off shelf. Ready to go. Looking at Kev on tour again. Thanks again for the link. I will let you know how it goes

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the encouragement. Panel and VictronConnect. Arrived yesterday and all fitted. I know nothing about electricity. But all working well atm. The only thing I have learnt is not to connect the solar until last.I was dealing with a rather sparky lead as I was trying to feed it around the back of stuff! All sorted once I popped up onto roof and disconnected

EB1EAF84-60DE-48C4-A144-8F15B56DF1AE.jpeg

Lol ! Sparky cable! Yep they do that.
Well done for installing it.
It’s easy enough. Just time consuming…
But a great return on the investment.

I found it a doddle tbh, the hardest part was lifting the battery in an out

I found it a doddle tbh, the hardest part was lifting the battery in an out
I used a wallpaper scraper, really big wide one and once you get it up onto that, it slides out nice.
Then tied some washing line rope around the handles so easier to get out, 2nd time around.
Must remember to find out where I put the battery vent tubing….
There was some corrugated tubing, that I thought was a cable protector, but cable inside.
So wasn’t sure what it was.
It has to point downwards to a vent hole or something I heard

I used a wallpaper scraper, really big wide one and once you get it up onto that, it slides out nice.
Then tied some washing line rope around the handles so easier to get out, 2nd time around.
Must remember to find out where I put the battery vent tubing….
There was some corrugated tubing, that I thought was a cable protector, but cable inside.
So wasn’t sure what it was.
It has to point downwards to a vent hole or something I heard
I used my cake palette knife