Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

Trotters

Trotters

VIP Member
Hello everyone I have just bought a used 180 dsg in natural grey and I am loving it
I sold a t5 day van to help fund it. I will have lots of questions for you knowledgable people on here I'm sure. The Cali came with a few extra's like an awning set and roof cover but my question is how can I fit my motordome awning as it has a wind out one fitted from new :?:
Also I have only one key for the fresh water tank is that right :?:
Thanks in advance dave

welcome to the world of Cali's when new there was 2 keys forthe water tank.

Trotters said:
Hello everyone I have just bought a used 180 dsg in natural grey and I am loving it
I sold a t5 day van to help fund it. I will have lots of questions for you knowledgable people on here I'm sure. The Cali came with a few extra's like an awning set and roof cover but my question is how can I fit my motordome awning as it has a wind out one fitted from new :?:
Also I have only one key for the fresh water tank is that right :?:
Thanks in advance dave
Welcome to the forum. Attaching awnings to the van factory awning is a popular question on here, answered many times if you search for it. Basically you need a figure of 8 strip (you should have one of these with your motordome) and a kador strip. I've got a 6mm x 4mm which worked fine for me but others on here have the 6mm x 6mm.
The motordome fits into one side of the figure of eight, the 6mm part of the kador fits into the other side, and the 4mm slides into the factory awning. If you wind out the awning a foot or so and lift the flap you'll see a channel inside, this is where the kador fits. Wind the awning back in a bit afterwards to tighten it up.
Beware of fouling the side door though.
I thought I had 2 keys for the water tank but I only use one set of keys so would have to check the other to make sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow thanks guy's that was quick. I think maybe I have a key missing then. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement :?: I am visiting a local park tomorrow so I will set out my awning and look for the channel on the wind out.hopefully get it all set up before our adventures start
Thanks again.

Hi Dave welcome along :thumb I think the key's for the water tank are nothing special a good
Key cutting shop should be able to do it for you :thumb

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody I have a lot to learn :thumb

Timpsons were able to cut me a spare water cap key for a reasonable price. Always worth having a spare!

Wow thank you for your help I will visit timpsons I am always losing keys so better do it soon
Or I will end up with none :thumb

Tried the motordome on Sunday in the local park as suggested on here it fitted a treat
So thank you everybody that helped :thumb let the adventures begin. We are thinking
Of attending the French meet in July. Still have a lot to learn so may be picking a few brains