Mr T

Mr T

Chris
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Evening all.

I'm new around here, been lurking a bit but recently registered. Finding the site very interesting and useful.

I am considering getting a Cali in the very near future, ideally thinking a second hand one. I currently have a T4 Caravelle and a folding camper, previously have had a 6 berth motorhome, and before that a T4 Autosleeper Trooper. Going back in time slightly further I have had several T2 campervans too! (Not to mention numerous aircooled beetles!).

So looking at the current for sale ads, the majority seemed to be 180 engines, which I am obviously a bit nervous about. Not asking for reassurance or otherwise at this point, just surprised there are so many. Is that a fair sample of the used market?

I live in WItney, West Oxfordshire and wonder if there is anyone else around here local(ish)? Be good to chat to someone local that has one, would appreciate that very much.

Anyway, great forum, looking forward to contributing where and when I can.

Cheers!

Mr T

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

2010/2011 180's had a problem. There is a lot of Internet chatter, but no evidence of consequence. Just do your research and make up your own mind.

Hello and welcome!

I m not from Oxfordshire but do have a 180 which has been faultless.

We have a 2016 180 Ocean and I can honestly say it's a lovely drive and we've never yet run out of oomph. It's better than our other cars, and smoother too (a pick-up and a micro car - perhaps not very fair comparisons!).

Welcome , where is the rest of your crew ?....A-team....

IMG_4986.JPG

"I AIN'T GETTIN' IN NO MARCO POLO, FOOL"​