Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great first night away

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Everyone

Just returned from our first night away in JB. Very different to a motorhome but far simpler to get around in, look after etc. Fridge lock a bit stiff and heater made a bit of noise initially but very comfortable 24hours!

Emer & Hugh

I'm glad you had a great time - photos please! :D

Oh how lovely to read :thumb

The compromise of less space for greater agility I found was soon got over. A bit of working on the irritant factors to reduce to nothing, lots of playing about with internal stowage and packing, get the drivers seat swivel right, and A Cali is a palace!!

You will have a few niggles such as stiff fridge locks etc, I have the opposite problem, a bit of a rattle, not helped by a bottle of wine rolling around inside,

I don't notice the heater noise now, it's all part of Cali compromise, I found my first few nights it drove me nuts, I am a terrible light sleeper, but now .... barely noticed.

I'm writing this parked up on a Britstop in Scotland, just finished refreshing myself from a 300 mile drive, tarting myself up to now pop over for a drink, something to eat, chill out, talk to the nice people who run the place, then back to my snug, warm cali to curl up for the night and continue travelling tomorrow.

Glad to have you with us, enjoy the ride.

Jen ..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D <<<<<<<<<<< My Cali smile

Oh how lovely to read :thumb

The compromise of less space for greater agility I found was soon got over. A bit of working on the irritant factors to reduce to nothing, lots of playing about with internal stowage and packing, get the drivers seat swivel right, and A Cali is a palace!!

You will have a few niggles such as stiff fridge locks etc, I have the opposite problem, a bit of a rattle, not helped by a bottle of wine rolling around inside,

I don't notice the heater noise now, it's all part of Cali compromise, I found my first few nights it drove me nuts, I am a terrible light sleeper, but now .... barely noticed.

I'm writing this parked up on a Britstop in Scotland, just finished refreshing myself from a 300 mile drive, tarting myself up to now pop over for a drink, something to eat, chill out, talk to the nice people who run the place, then back to my snug, warm cali to curl up for the night and continue travelling tomorrow.

Glad to have you with us, enjoy the ride.

Jen ..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D <<<<<<<<<<< My Cali smile
Noise stopped eventually, think just first time using. Sat out under the stars until about 7pm, then watched one of the many movies we never got to see in the cinema. Had to turn heating down though, so warm, then remote control from bed was just magic this morning!

H&E

A Cali is a palace!!
In comparison with most of the larger (panel van & coachbuilt) vans we have had there is indeed more floor space in the Cali. Granted there is no bathroom or permanent bed but the space is where you need it 90% of the time.

Plus you have a great panoramic view instead of a poky little plastic window, and the seats are more comfortable than those upright dinette things most other vans have.

Colin

In comparison with most of the larger (panel van & coachbuilt) vans we have had there is indeed more floor space in the Cali.

Colin

Just how much time do you spend on the floor???

:shocked

Depends how many pints of wine I've had!

:embarrased

In comparison with most of the larger (panel van & coachbuilt) vans we have had there is indeed more floor space in the Cali. Granted there is no bathroom or permanent bed but the space is where you need it 90% of the time.

Plus you have a great panoramic view instead of a poky little plastic window, and the seats are more comfortable than those upright dinette things most other vans have.

Colin
Exactly. Hugh cooked a wonderful curry while I watched movie with our 2 Bichon Frises and all with a panoramic view (via open side door) of Strangford Lough. Heaven. Lovely wine too.

H&E

The heater tends to be at it's noisiest when getting upto temperature. Glad you enjoyed it and can only get better as the weather improves with spring and summer on it's way. Now you have proved it can cope with winter you're set for all year round adventures,:thumb

Back