Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Virgin's first night with wife

G

gatvol

We took the new Cali out last week for our first overnight stay. Our first night was on an exposed cliff near Whitby. Sadly there were 70 mph winds and heavy rain and numerous caravanners had abandoned their vans to go home for the night

I am delighted to say that despite the driving winds and near horizontal rain the cali coped admirably. It kept us warm and dry and we even got some decent sleep despite the rocking. I now know why the dealer made such a big deal about the night heater as this was a godsend

With the roof down it was a little claustophobic - but we were able to turn the van so that we could open one side window without getting soaked and we could thus cook and make drinks

It could literally only get better after that first night and indeed it did as the sun returned later that week

Brilliant story there gatvol,
I must say, the title of the thread was a bit racier than I was expecting on a Sunday morning :barmy
That type of camping in the wilds is one of the major things which attracts me to the Cali.

Was the view on the morning after worth it too?
Luke

Edit to add: PS - Did you get any photos?
(And I mean of the Cali and the scenary, you filthy lot at the back of the class!! :mrgreen: )

Whitby... Stunning location... Been a couple of years since we've be up.

Fantastic start.

M

We consummated our Cali last October on the Lleyn Peninsula in a Force 7 last October. :roll:

Off to the Mull of Kintyre tomorrow :grin:

Back