GC WiFi Router Connection Issue.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi
Is anyone having issues connecting the router, It. Runs through VW internet access LTE 4G, currently getting 52Mb download and 8.5Mb upload it even. Shows. On the phone and iPad but no signal and displayed all so a message showing Roaming canceled. The Vodafone data sim works as put it in to our phone and able to get the internet Without any issues.

This is all shown on the VW internet access LTE 4G page.

Cheers

Go into router set up menu using http://192.168.1.1on a connected browser. .. you will be prompted to enter sim PIN. For roaming....click on settings and you will be asked for system password. Fortunately my first guess "admin" was correct and you can then switch on roaming, save the change and off you go

Go into router set up menu using http://192.168.1.1on a connected browser. .. you will be prompted to enter sim PIN. For roaming....click on settings and you will be asked for system password. Fortunately my first guess "admin" was correct and you can then switch on roaming, save the change and off you go
Thanks Leeb, that issue was on my GC 600 and it was found to be incorrectly wired like all GC from factory until about December 2020.. thereafter VW Germany corrected the wiring there after.

Don’t get me wrong it worked but not 100% sure there there are people out there still not getting the best out of there router. It’s now banging it out, it’s fantastic.

Will

Ok..mine a March 2020 GC680...loaded Sim this week and all fine and working.
Maybe I got lucky with the wiring

Ok..mine a March 2020 GC680...loaded Sim this week and all fine and working.
Maybe I got lucky with the wiring
Check which port the antenna cable is in should be in the (as you see it from above) far right mauve in colour. there are two coloured mauve.

The other mauve port is for positioning, guess can be used to position your van. A couple of the German members have added a second antenna for that reason.

Thats how mine wired...maybe mine installed before a long lunch of beer and sausage!

On a more serious note...has anyone actually connected a GPS antenna to that port as it should effectively provide the security of a tracker function

On a more serious note...has anyone actually connected a GPS antenna to that port as it should effectively provide the security of a tracker function
Thought about it, thats about all, the second antenna is inexpensive, guess its just placement, seen on the German forum placed on the front windscreen

Hola
¿Alguien tiene problemas para conectar el enrutador? Funciona a través del acceso a Internet de VW LTE 4G, y actualmente obtiene 52Mb de descarga y 8.5Mb de carga incluso. Espectáculos. En el teléfono y el iPad, pero no hay señal y se muestra todo, por lo que aparece un mensaje que muestra Roaming cancelado. El simulador de datos de Vodafone funciona como lo ponemos en nuestro teléfono y es capaz de acceder a Internet sin ningún problema.

Todo esto se muestra en la página de acceso a Internet de VW LTE 4G.

Salud

Hola
¿Alguien tiene problemas para conectar el enrutador? Funciona a través del acceso a Internet de VW LTE 4G, y actualmente obtiene 52Mb de descarga y 8.5Mb de carga incluso. Espectáculos. En el teléfono y el iPad, pero no hay señal y se muestra todo, por lo que aparece un mensaje que muestra Roaming cancelado. El simulador de datos de Vodafone funciona como lo ponemos en nuestro teléfono y es capaz de acceder a Internet sin ningún problema.

Todo esto se muestra en la página de acceso a Internet de VW LTE 4G.

Salud
Buenos dias, el mio funciona bien con una tarjeta de Movistar pero con tarjetas de Orange nada de nada, y la tarjeta de orange
en un movil funciona a la perfeccion, ¿a alguien le ha pasado?

Was skeptical that moving the cable would help things as the router online instructions stated both purple were aerial inputs and the blue as gps. Anyway I just did it… finally realising that moving the seat fully forward gave much better access. I had been losing the will to live approaching from the front. Anyway job done and immediately it was as if I had moved from dial up to fibre optic. Delighted. Now just see how quickly I devour the 1p mobile credit.
thanks for the advice. Saved a trip to the dealership.

Was skeptical that moving the cable would help things as the router online instructions stated both purple were aerial inputs and the blue as gps. Anyway I just did it… finally realising that moving the seat fully forward gave much better access. I had been losing the will to live approaching from the front. Anyway job done and immediately it was as if I had moved from dial up to fibre optic. Delighted. Now just see how quickly I devour the 1p mobile credit.
thanks for the advice. Saved a trip to the dealership.
Pleased you corrected it and your welcome.

Morning thanks for that Leeb I carried that out last year as above, but on the German forum a credible member has commented that it may not work.
So looking for a fellow member who has traveled to Europe and all worked well, with the roaming setting ticked.
So thanks for the prompt and it will remind me to check my settings.

Hope all going well with you. Great news on the tap replacement. Are you touring this summer.

Take care.

Will

Help ...for some reason the router had disappeared ....the sim card is in and it has been working fine but now http://192.168.1.1 is not being recognised. used to find the VW network but this has totally gone . The wifi is switched on but NOTHING..any idea ???

Help ...for some reason the router had disappeared ....the sim card is in and it has been working fine but now http://192.168.1.1 is not being recognised. used to find the VW network but this has totally gone . The wifi is switched on but NOTHING..any idea ???
is your device connected to your home Wi-Fi or any other Wi-Fi if so that is possibly your problem

Hi all,
Can anyone advise me in relation to my very frustrating issue please? I purchased a November 2020 gc600 six months ago. It was 18 months old and has an extended warranty.
It came with the vw router situated under the drivers seat. I can connect an apple tablet and our mobile phones to it, but I have not been able to connect to wifi.
Strangely, it does access wifi outside the local vw dealership. However, it has never connected to wifi whilst on any camp site over the last six months.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Geoff

Hi all,
Can anyone advise me in relation to my very frustrating issue please? I purchased a November 2020 gc600 six months ago. It was 18 months old and has an extended warranty.
It came with the vw router situated under the drivers seat. I can connect an apple tablet and our mobile phones to it, but I have not been able to connect to wifi.
Strangely, it does access wifi outside the local vw dealership. However, it has never connected to wifi whilst on any camp site over the last six months.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Geoff
I omitted to mention that I purchased an EE data only SIM card.

Connect your lap top to router using WiFi
Type. http://192.168.1.1. Into the address bar
Enter SIM PIN number when prompted
To change settings the system password will almost certainly be "admin"
Good luck
Thanks Leeb for your very fast reply.
I have tried all that you have advised. I am connected to the van router but it continues to say 'no Internet connection.' This is via the apple ipad. Mobiles state the same statement. Connected to the router, but 'no Internet connection.'

I have a fast flashing red/orange light to the left and two fixed lights, one blue and one green.
It has continued to thwart me. If you or anyone has any other or further thoughts, kindly reply. Many thanks.

I have tried all that you have advised. I am connected to the van router but it continues to say 'no Internet connection.' This is via the apple ipad. Mobiles state the same statement. Connected to the router, but 'no Internet connection.'

I have a fast flashing red/orange light to the left and two fixed lights, one blue and one green.
It has continued to thwart me. If you or anyone has any other or further thoughts, kindly reply. Many thanks.
Did you type the address above into the browser address bar...this should allow you to enter the SIM PIN number so that the router can then access the internet

Connect your lap top to router using WiFi
Type. http://192.168.1.1. Into the address bar
Enter SIM PIN number when prompted
To change settings the system password will almost certainly be "admin"
Good luck
Thanks Leeb, but no satisfaction. The router will still not allow me to access wifi. Devices are connected to the vw router. The SiM is in the router. But, no connection.
I'm off to the local dealership again in the hope they can resolve this continuing issue.
Thanks for your replies.

I took my gc600 back to the dealership, where the data transfer worked and also one mile down the road from there. All devices, three mobiles, an ipad and a laptop all connect to the vw router.

However, 8 miles away, tried it again. Devices connected but no Internet connection. No Internet connection available via the router, at any campsite in England and Wales.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this enigma please?

Not sure why you not getting a connection from your router at a campsite, but my understanding is the router does not work while you are driving, if that’s what you referring to re: 8 miles down the road….

Not sure why you not getting a connection from your router at a campsite, but my understanding is the router does not work while you are driving, if that’s what you referring to re: 8 miles down the road….
Thanks for your reply but I was parked up. Plus, there is no connection at any campsite. It only works outside the dealership.

Any thoughts please?

Back