Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge temp difference between top an bottom help

i would agree with that level 3 seems to be about right , what did you find the bottom temp was ??
Not heard of those bluetooth thermometers ?? tell me more , how much are they and were from ?
I presume they link to your phone or maybe control panel .
I also assume the 8 degrees was with full fridge ?
If you really want a more uniform temperature throughout the fridge then a small battery powered fan would do this allowing warm air at the top to circulate to the bottom.

arctic_fan_f8_in_koelkast-jpg.59992

See: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...hing-calis-room-to-te-limit.14232/post-424643

The small fan pushes down the warm air at the top of the box down along the cooling wall at the back, forcing the temperature sensor at the left to give a cooling signal to the compressor.

In our fridge I have mounted a small 12 Volt fan. It's controlled by the compressor of the fridge: if the refrigerator switches on, the fan starts blowing.

This air circulation in the coolbox enhances the spreading of the temperature. With the fan off, and the board computer on 5 Celsius, on warm days I sometimes measure 4 degrees at the bottom of the fridge and even 10 to 12 Celsius just under the lid. The difference is amazing.

With the fan on I measure between 7 to 8 degrees Celsius, depending very much on the outside temperature of course.

Under the fridge in our T5 I've mounted a second fan.

Ventilator_kabels_Serviceluik_Binnen.jpg

The fan is pulling hot air from the compressor department.

With a switch I can cut off the current to the fan, just in case its sound keeps us out of sleep. Which isn't the case, I can hardly hear the fan working, even with the closet door open.

Does it help? Yes it does. On warm days the fan sucks enough warmth from under the compressor to keep the fridge going. The compressor also does start less frequently to cool the box. Although I must add, that since our solar panels we hardly use the battery loader, so there's less heat under the fridge.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Good idea the fan .
My detailed test from this morning on Setting Numb 2 only
Start time 10.45 am 15 degree bot 15 degree Top
12 noon 8 degree bot 10 degree Top
12.20 pm zero degree bot 10 degree Top compressor on
1 pm 8 degree bot 10 degree Top compressor on
1.25 pm zero degree Bot 10 degree Top compressor off
2.10 pm zero degree Bot 10 degree Top compressor off
2.45 pm 6 degree Bot 10 degree Top compressor on
3.10 pm Zero degree Bot 10 degree Top compressor off

Outside temp approx 18 degree s Just 2 water bottles one top , other at bottom , no freezing .
Does this seem ok ? it stands out from test the top temp stays constant at 10 degrees .

With compressor on shuts of at zero degrees .

Then compressor kicks back in at around 5 degrees it seems

Back