Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping at Christmas?

F

Fryers!

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone else camped at Christmas? We do it every few years to get away from the usual routine and have found more and more like minded people doing it now with sites geared up for Xmas. This year we are going to Bude meadows again http://www.budemeadows.com/Christmas_an ... rnwall.htm

Nice atmosphere with eveyones vans decorated in lights, on Christmas day we go for a walk along the beach followed by lunch in a hotel

No washing up, no arguments, no TV, ABSOLUTE BLISS

Great idea. Will be doing similar myself.

rob

Thinking along similar lines; that looks ideal and its nearby too!

Every Christmas for us for the last four years. The few sites that remain open are getting busier!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We stayed at Sandy Balls one year for Christmas, it was a great atmosphere in the touring field with all the campers and motorhomes dressed with fairy lights, we then all went into the restaurant for Christmas dinner. We made some really nice friends. We did go back to the van in the evening to watch Eastenders though :oops:

We're 1/2 doing it. Pick up my California on 1st December having retired on the 30th November. Christmas will be spent in the Cali on my daughters Small holding in a paddock. They'll be cooking and then we'll retire to the Cali for the night if we can find it after all that Christmas Cheer. :bananadance

WelshGas said:
We're 1/2 doing it. Pick up my California on 1st December having retired on the 30th November. Christmas will be spent in the Cali on my daughters Small holding in a paddock. They'll be cooking and then we'll retire to the Cali for the night if we can find it after all that Christmas Cheer. :bananadance

I like your style :thumb

WelshGas said:

Happy retirement & cali days to come

John. :cool

We are heading off to spend Christmas in Andalusia, hope to spend Xmas day on the beach :D

Satnav programmed. Fridge on and will be full of Champagne and White wine. Start the Family Grand Tour on Tuesday. :hello

Last year was spent in samoens, France. walking the dogs in the morning, skiing in the afternoon and cooking sprouts on the bbq in the snow in the dark with a head torch :crazy (the rings in the cali were full). Best Christmas I can remember

Ian

National Trust sites are open. :clap
We were booked in at Wasdale but just sold the van so rebooked for the end of Feb when we will have the new one.

All pitched up on my daughters smallholding. Good drive here from South Wales to Lincolnshire border. Now relaxing in front of the wood burner waiting for the Mulled wine to warm up. :hello

I slept in the van outside my mums house as there were so many of us staying for Christmas this year. The Cali makes a super extra bedroom when needed! I was very cozy up in the roof with a sleeping bag and king size duvet wrapped around me! And I got to have a lie in without all the kids waking me up at the crack of dawn!

Maybe in a warmer climate i would think about it ..... maybe i like my luxuries a little to much at Christmas ;)