Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So what's everyone eating for Christmas dinner?

Starting the day at 6am (the kids will be up opening Santa's stocking) with some thick cut dry cured bacon in a tiger loaf (stokes brown sauce on top). Turkey out of the fridge around then to acclimatise and in the oven about 8am to enable a couple of hours rest. 10am I’ll be on the bucks fizz with some smoked salmon. Open some more presents. 11am veg prep - usual roast spuds in goose fat, sprouts with pancetta, roast parsnips in maple syrup, home made pork and sage stuffing, carrots, broccoli, etc. and some home made bread sauce. Lunch around 1pm. I made the gravy yesterday, which is a meal in itself. Today I roasted the ham to go alongside the Turkey, and also did an 8 hour pulled pork which I’ll have with some apple sauce early evening. Naturally I’ll be squeezing in some Christmas pudding between the two. Late evening I’ll be settling into some cheese and trying out my chilli chutney that I made when I cropped my last batch of tomatoes late summer. Thereafter il be getting stuck into some Christmas cake, which I iced last weekend having been feeding it brandy for the last 2 months. Mulled wine, gnt, Rioja and baileys will be consumed in copious quantities throughout the day. Boxing Day will be a lighter affair until I’ve concluded the Boxing Day charity swim at the beach in Tenby. Then off to some of the rellies to feast on their hard work. Happy Christmas all:)
Forget the boxing day swim, you'll sink like a stone after that lot. Seriously, sounds like youv'e planned it like a military operation. Have a great day.

4BAFCECB-903A-41E6-B375-19D85AAC0DE9.jpeg
I am prepped!

Starters are various hot nibbles with Tom Kerridge’s heritage tomato and artichoke salad (my fave new recipe of 2022).

Main is turkey crown and the trimmings - including Yorkshire pud, we can’t be the only ones surely?

Desserts Christmas pud with homemade hard sauce and cream, or rasberry pavlova.

Have a great day chefs!

Probably roast beef or turkey,.

Whatever's left over at the homeless shelter I will be at,

But....

27th is my Christmas dinner, with my son and grandsons.... "Granny's roast beef"
That’s really cool @GrannyJen. I think this of all years is one to remember those less fortunate.

PXL_20221225_073000699.jpg

Christmas Breakfast - a very traditional south Indian fare - Appam and Stew (rice pancakes with chicken and veg stew)! I made the pancakes. (Apologies for the slightly messy plate)

Lunch is - Biryani - another Indian fare. We do alternate years between various local and international cuisines.

PXL_20221225_132058897.jpg
The biryani is still cooking ! It takes time to make it well.

The

I am unfortunately a half empty person. Can't seem to do any thing about it, I just see the negative side of most things. But this Christmas is different, I going to be more positive. Unfortunately it's Covid 19 positive, so our Chistmas dinner is being plated up at the family gathering that we should have been at, and being delivered to us by car. Now I can see the positive sides of that!

Cheers. Happy Christmas Cali family.

Had my son and daughter in law + 2 grandchildren from Wednesday to Friday. Both grandchildren and their Mum developed a cold . They have recovered almost and we have caught it now. Traditional Turkey Dinner + Lemsip 6hrly.
Champaign at breakfast, Merlot and Cider with dinner and another bottle Moët this evening.

Well my missus has knocked the Chicken Balmoral into a cocked hat….. she was in Waitrose when they slashed the price of a Beef Wellington to a price that she couldn’t refuse :eek:

Looks like I’ll have to crack open that 2006 Rioja Reserva we bought on our last trip to Spain 4 years ago……….

Ah well……..;)
Turns out it was Venison not beef…. It was amazing! and OMG the 2006 Rioja Grand Reserva was awesome! I really have forgotten what really good wine tastes like ( well it was expensive when we bought it, even by Spanish standards…. also correction…I realised we bought it in 2016….. been saving it for a really special day……. So today IS that day :)

Back