Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a new California

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi,
Could someone advise me on the following 3 queries?

1. On the standard Cali SE spec it states heated front seats; however heated front seats are also listed as an option on the SE, priced £276.00?
2. Does anyone know what is included in the chrome pack, priced at £323.00?
3. Could you advise if the Auxiliary heater, priced at £324.00 is of use?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Glyn ....firstly welcome to the forum and taking the plunge in getting a cali ...

i've had my cali for 2 years and the spec's and packs have changed ,so i couldn't help you with that ,but i have used my night heater/aux heater a fair few times and it came as standard on the SE ....As i've used it a fair mount and it works well i would say its worth it and will help on re-sale as well as keep you warm ;)

When we ordered in March we added heated seats on the basis that they were probably standard, but better have them on the order to be sure. This was on the understanding that if they were standard VW's system would not let them be added as an option when the dealer created the order, and the cost would be refunded - which is what happened.

The diesel heater for camping purposes is standard; I think the auxiliary heater shown as the brochure option for the SE is something else, maybe just to augment the standard cabin heating. I can't imagine it's needed outside of very very cold countries.

Glynn said:
Hi,

1. On the standard Cali SE spec it states heated front seats; however heated front seats are also listed as an option on the SE, priced £276.00?

Thanks for any help.

In the UK it is common practice to refer to the heater for the van as an auxiliary heater, if you like an additional heater, it's standard on the SE

The brochure is a direct translation if you like, in Germany auxiliary heater refers to the pre heater for the engine., that's why it's an option. So, you have a heater for the van that can be used all the time and the option of a pre heater for the engine, if that makes sense.

James

Thanks to you all for your advice.

Hi Glynn
We picked up our new cali a few weeks ago and can confirm heated seats are standard as is the heater which very useful.

We ordered the chrome pack which includes trim to the front grill and the tailgate. It also replaces the side mouldings with a trim. We are really pleased with it. Photos can be seen here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7243.

Good luck!

James said:
Glynn said:
Hi,

Thanks for any help.

In the UK it is common practice to refer to the heater for the van as an auxiliary heater, if you like an additional heater, it's standard on the SE

The brochure is a direct translation if you like, in Germany auxiliary heater refers to the pre heater for the engine., that's why it's an option. So, you have a heater for the van that can be used all the time and the option of a pre heater for the engine, if that makes sense.

James

I'm out if touch on the heater thingy and all that new spec crap and no Cali James is right ...;-) lol

choplee said:
James said:
Glynn said:
Hi,

Thanks for any help.

James

I'm out if touch on the heater thingy and all that new spec crap and no Cali James is right ...;-) lol

lol - it's just poor translation of the brochure - :) Once you get your head round it is fine, easier in the SE because the Parking Heater is standard and that's what we call an auxiliary heater - the brochure is referring to the pre heater for the engine and that is what they refer to as an auxiliary heater lol

Madness :)

James

Back