Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boxes for under multiflex board

Yorkie

Yorkie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
A couple of box questions:
I have been looking for a fabric box arrangement for the wardrobe. Idea is put a zip lid one in the bottom for used laundry then at least one more on top of that for clean clothes. Tried one of our older ikea ones and can't get it past the seat but it does fit in the wardrobe if I move the seat forward. So ideal solution is 3 short ones. Any suggestions?

I like to cook so need a spice box. I have cases of herbs and spices but missus tells me they are too big. Again, any ideas?

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
A couple of box questions:
I have been looking for a fabric box arrangement for the wardrobe. Idea is put a zip lid one in the bottom for used laundry then at least one more on top of that for clean clothes. Tried one of our older ikea ones and can't get it past the seat but it does fit in the wardrobe if I move the seat forward. So ideal solution is 3 short ones. Any suggestions?

I like to cook so need a spice box. I have cases of herbs and spices but missus tells me they are too big. Again, any ideas?

The beach doesn't have a wardrobe so can't speak from experience but think there's threads in the general section where people talk about using packing cubes which we find useful to separate luggage when flying and sharing a suitcase so maybe worth a look.

For spices I've considered the dine box.....
http://dinebox.co.uk/dinebox-travel-pantry---camping-herb-and-spice-kit.html

Trailertrash

Trailertrash

Vehicle
Just browsing
I really find it astounding the amount of stuff some of you carry. I thought that camping was supposed to be a minimalist activity. I have been waiting for someone to show a box for carrying the kitchen sink. Some of you even take children with you. Are you crazy?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach

I put my spices in either 7 day pill boxes or I have a stackable grinder.

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
I put my spices in either 7 day pill boxes or I have a stackable grinder.
???
Multi-Chamber-Spice-Jar-6-condiment-Assortment.jpg

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204

I have this spice box already for a while. The concept of it is great. The practical problem is that you can't refill them, and so spontaneously I seem to avoid using. So like Matt I added a big round pillbox as extra for the common spices.

IMG_2545.jpg

Last edited:
Ethel Van Man

Ethel Van Man

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I use these (the smaller ones), stackable and they lock together.upload_2018-8-9_7-36-3.jpeg

upload_2018-8-9_7-37-1.jpeg

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Oh and I love the Joseph Joseph silicone garlic peeler, superb piece of kit (£3 from Debenhams), put in garlic, roll a couple of times and your garlic is peeled. No smelly hands, no need to cut the ends off etc.

Ethel Van Man

Ethel Van Man

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Those look very nice indeed. :)
I'm not sure if these are airtight Matt, but the lids fit really well and haven't ever come undone on their own (or leaked spices including fine powders like turmeric).

Scottedog

Scottedog

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What boxes do you use to fit under the multiflex board?

I measured the available space, it's 109cm wide, 43 to 48cm high, and the depth depends on the bench location, but in the location that touches the full multiflex board, it's about 73cm minimum.

So I've been looking around, and currently selected these as best: http://www.ikea.com/be/nl/catalog/products/10280203/
I think the 34x54x21cm boxes would allow exactly 8 of these to fill up the space: 108cm wide, 42cm high, 68cm deep.

Only problem: they're not transparent. Which is nice if you have to identify what box holds what.

What boxes are others using?

Scottedog

Scottedog

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What boxes do you use to fit under the multiflex board?

I measured the available space, it's 109cm wide, 43 to 48cm high, and the depth depends on the bench location, but in the location that touches the full multiflex board, it's about 73cm minimum.

So I've been looking around, and currently selected these as best: http://www.ikea.com/be/nl/catalog/products/10280203/
I think the 34x54x21cm boxes would allow exactly 8 of these to fill up the space: 108cm wide, 42cm high, 68cm deep.

Only problem: they're not transparent. Which is nice if you have to identify what box holds what.

What boxes are others using?

E10BC833-C410-4564-AF89-48C73DE32325.jpeg

VW California Club