Booking Campsites

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
First time in a longtime. I made the error of pre-booking a campsite. Probably only done it twice in the last 20 year and that was for a group booking.
Anyway, today I sit at home instead of the Welsh coastline, but the forecast was looking horrendous. 50-60mph winds and heavy rain.

Got me thinking. Why book...?
Camping is miserable in bad weather and I would rather drive 6 hours in the opposite direction for better weather than sit in a cold, wet, windy & muddy field.

So I’m £50 down today, at home with a list of to do jobs and contemplating a bucket load of bacon to cheer myself up...

At this time of year probably not much point as campsites won't be busy and as we know the weather can be lousy anyway. In peak season, and you have booked, you can enjoy your day more because you know you have somewhere to go to.

Coming from a background of large tents and then Trailer Tent where we always booked, I found it an interesting experience sitting in a car park phoning round local campsites to find if they had space for the night for the Cali.