Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

They were 235/55/17.
Still can’t make my mind up about that colour Sven, think it may look better in the flesh. I love Rasp orange Sven there’s a few pics on here somewhere (stunning!).
Needs the step removing or powder coating black :thumb
Agree completely re the step. The Orange is amazing and you're certainly not going to lose it in the parking lot. Stealth parking or avoiding unwanted attention might be more challenging :)
Having owned a black car in the past I would not buy another especially something the size of a SH. That doesn't leave too many options.

C’mon fella’s, North of £100k and you worry about another 2 or 3 percent? Just buy them fer Chris sakes! :D

Agree completely re the step. The Orange is amazing and you're certainly not going to lose it in the parking lot. Stealth parking or avoiding unwanted attention might be more challenging :)
Having owned a black car in the past I would not buy another especially something the size of a SH. That doesn't leave too many options.
Had an indium grey Cali years ago, great colour and very low maintenance. Never really get to choose colour as always the last box to tick on the wish list and mainly had 2nd hand ones.
Had a dark blue Kombi not that long ago nice colour but a right nightmare to keep clean/swirl marks and stone chips etc (so can imagine what black like!).
Ascot grey is a fab colour especially in the flesh and don’t mind white after the jimny, very lucky that as the hightop t6.1 that!

Had a black Mini - it was a nightmare. Would never have anything bigger in black (looked great on very rare occasions).

I'd have never chosen black by choice, they always look dirty and also get really hot in the sun. They do look amazing when they're clean and polished. But a black car/van is always a popular choice and will always sell well.

Best practice when owning a black van is to get it muddy and leave it muddy!
ec9d32e16193bd9e66daba59023d1edd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best practice when owning a black van is to get it muddy and leave it muddy!
Or....... don't go anywhere hot n sunny! (however the extra warmth from the sun is nice in cooler weather). Our first van was dark silver, Jeez it was hot on a sunny day!. The other less obvious thing is always try to park with the fridge side out of the sun........ saves yer batteries :thumb )

That’s not black! The main area for stone chips and swirls is indium.
Great combo.
I found the same with that blue just don’t wash it.

It’s amazing how much easier the top half is to clean! I need to work harder to get the mud up there though…

Or....... don't go anywhere hot n sunny! (however the extra warmth from the sun is nice in cooler weather). Our first van was dark silver, Jeez it was hot on a sunny day!. The other less obvious thing is always try to park with the fridge side out of the sun........ saves yer batteries :thumb )

Agreed, black not ideal for hot weather!
58488fd3bd28fdff5fcf055df3a7a9ab.jpg

I have a privacy room mounted to the awning rail on the fridge side. It does double duty as fridge shade when parked up in hot weather.

Call yerself a Swamper? get out ......... now! ;). you deffo must try harder!

New van was almost going to be black, but now going to be lightish metallic grey

I have a privacy room mounted to the awning rail on the fridge side. It does double duty as fridge shade when parked up in hot weather.

Ah it was your van with all the cool mods I wanted to pinch ideas from!

Is that mollie system on the side?

Is that mollie system on the side?

Yep, it fits in the awning rail and with magnets. I use it for my Maxtrax (being used to level the van in this picture but they did see action getting me out of a bog earlier!). I recently bought a lockable rifle case which is also mounted on the molle panels which houses an axe and shovel. It’s also handy for mounting the trasheroo when in camp for rubbish/firewood etc.

Yep, it fits in the awning rail and with magnets. I use it for my Maxtrax (being used to level the van in this picture but they did see action getting me out of a bog earlier!). I recently bought a lockable rifle case which is also mounted on the molle panels which houses an axe and shovel. It’s also handy for mounting the trasheroo when in camp for rubbish/firewood etc.

Blimey @wildslammer22 you’re going full on prepper! :D

Blimey @wildslammer22 you’re going full on prepper! :D
Got to be ready for when the wars in Ukraine and Middle East go nuclear!

In reality the axe and spade are used almost exclusively for making fires and the Maxtrax get used to level the van more often than not. I only wrestle bears on the third Saturday of the month.

Will be adding them to the wish list, looks great and really handy :thumb

I do think for the price it should have had alloys but I think the black steel wheels do look ok :) have you got yours yet and if so what do you think, is it nice to drive?
Yes. I picked it up a month ago. It drives nicely considering the higher profile. Smooth transmission and very familiar. I find myself dropping motorway speed a bit and that improves fuel economy.
The real difference, and the reason for change, is in the camping experience. More inside space especially in the wet and the ability to get on the move easily without any fuss.

Will be adding them to the wish list, looks great and really handy :thumb
Will look great on your high top, and will break up the expanse of white on the side as well as add some nice utility. I got mine from grunthal, very good quality & virtually identical to the Hess/Terranger ones at a far more reasonable price.

Yes. I picked it up a month ago. It drives nicely considering the higher profile. Smooth transmission and very familiar. I find myself dropping motorway speed a bit and that improves fuel economy.
The real difference, and the reason for change, is in the camping experience. More inside space especially in the wet and the ability to get on the move easily without any fuss.
Thanks for the insight, having owned for just over a month is there any 'must have' items you'd recommend for when I take delivery?

Will look great on your high top, and will break up the expanse of white on the side as well as add some nice utility. I got mine from grunthal, very good quality & virtually identical to the Hess/Terranger ones at a far more reasonable price.
Will get windows, awning or awning rail and decals added some sort of ladder and box on the back.
Main thing is getting the layout built, until funds allow for the expensive stuff.

Thanks for the insight, having owned for just over a month is there any 'must have' items you'd recommend for when I take delivery?
It's a very complete spec and I found no need to buy anything other than the power station that I mentioned earlier. (Although I have since bought a very well made sink cover. A bargain at £35).

PXL_20240417_123432562.jpg

Thanks that's great to hear :) where did you get that sink cover it looks great and which power bank did you get as we aren't having solar panels fitted but thought that a power bank would help off ehu, have you used it yet?

It's a very complete spec and I found no need to buy anything other than the power station that I mentioned earlier. (Although I have since bought a very well made sink cover. A bargain at £35).

View attachment 122421
Funnily enough that's the only thing we've bought for it, we got the one in Oak, think that's bamboo?

Fits really flush and adds to the surface! I've heard the bed can be overly firm, so may consider a Duvalay topper aswell.

Back